New changes again to next cruise program

I'm not sure if this has been posted but I just came from Voyager and there are changes again in the next cruise.

One the open booking/decide later is no longer avail.

2nd, you have the option of using the onboard credit on the current sailing equivalent to the future deposit you paid for as little as $50 a month for inside/outside...

meaning, you can book a future cruise for as little as $50 and you will actually book up to 3 cruises with no obligation as the deposit being charged to your card, you got the same OBC back on your current cruise to reduce your current onboard expenses for the same amount.

And what is tricky here is the flier said you can rebook your next cruise anytime before the final date.

Did I understand everything right?

BTW, I find it weird when the next cruise I just booked with reduced $50 deposit is asking for $250 deposit on or before May 29 to continue holding the reservation? Perhaps the system is still not updated with new next cruise policy?

Edited by roquejo

BTW, I find it weird when the next cruise I just booked with reduced $50 deposit is asking for $250 deposit on or before May 29 to continue holding the reservation? Perhaps the system is still not updated with new next cruise policy?

That's not unusual. I have booked cruises with a NCC. The system says you owe the whole deposit until you've met the threshold but continues holding the cruise. You're not able to make payments online until you meet the required minimum deposit, though. There's no penalty involved if you cancel the cruise unless the terms of the cruise you booked say the deposit is non-refundable or you're past final payment.

Sure wish they'd fix that....it's a pain in the neck.

And what is tricky here is the flier said you can rebook your next cruise anytime before the final date.

This is interesting because they had previously said that if you rebook your cruise you would lose your obc or it would be reduced, at their discretion.

I just cancelled a cruise yesterday (booked onboard) and they immediately asked me if I would like to move it out to next year instead. Never been asked that before.

I think they got some negative feedback on the new rules. I didn't book any cruises onboard my last cruise.

This is interesting because they had previously said that if you rebook your cruise you would lose your obc or it would be reduced, at their discretion.

I just cancelled a cruise yesterday (booked onboard) and they immediately asked me if I would like to move it out to next year instead. Never been asked that before.

I think they got some negative feedback on the new rules. I didn't book any cruises onboard my last cruise.

The ability to change ships and dates without the OBC being reduced just started with this new program of picking your OBC on the current sailing or future sailing. I believe it started mid March.

The ability to change ships and dates without the OBC being reduced just started with this new program of picking your OBC on the current sailing or future sailing. I believe it started mid March.

Oh, I thought it was taken away with this latest change, as before I could change onboard booking dates with no penalties. Hard to keep track of the rules. So now you can change your onboard booking to another cruise as long as you are before final with no penalties?

Oh, I thought it was taken away with this latest change, as before I could change onboard booking dates with no penalties. Hard to keep track of the rules. So now you can change your onboard booking to another cruise as long as you are before final with no penalties?

So they say!! It had been taken away prior to mid March. I have one booked onboard November 2014 and was told if I change that one my OBC will go from $100 down to $25

Yes hard to keep up

I'm not sure if this has been posted but I just came from Voyager and there are changes again in the next cruise.

One the open booking/decide later is no longer avail.

2nd, you have the option of using the onboard credit on the current sailing equivalent to the future deposit you paid for as little as $50 a month for inside/outside...

meaning, you can book a future cruise for as little as $50 and you will actually book up to 3 cruises with no obligation as the deposit being charged to your card, you got the same OBC back on your current cruise to reduce your current onboard expenses for the same amount.

Did I understand everything right?

This new program began March 6, 2015.

Just be aware that if you elect to use the OBC from the NextCruise you just booked on the cruise you are currently on and then have to cancel that cruise at a later date, your deposit becomes non-refundable.

Here are the Deposits/OBC amounts;

•5-7 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $50

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

◦Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $100

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

◦Grand Suite and above: $300

•11-14 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $150

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

◦Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $200

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

◦Grand Suite and above: $500

Confirmed, it was in the flier being distributed while I was in Voyager, the flexibility to change without any penalty as long as not within final payment period.

The loyalty staff did indeed say it was a very recent change.

So if you cancel that booking, the deposit is not refundable but you won't lose anything as you already got the OBC on your last sailing.

so the best recourse is just to rebook to another sailing as long as it is not final payment period yet, that way you preserve the deposit.

Confirmed, it was in the flier being distributed while I was in Voyager, the flexibility to change without any penalty as long as not within final payment period.

The loyalty staff did indeed say it was a very recent change.

So if you cancel that booking, the deposit is not refundable but you won't lose anything as you already got the OBC on your last sailing.

so the best recourse is just to rebook to another sailing as long as it is not final payment period yet, that way you preserve the deposit.

I picked getting the OBC on the future sailing so then it is refundable if you cancel before final payment date

• 2 weeks later...
So they say!! It had been taken away prior to mid March. I have one booked onboard November 2014 and was told if I change that one my OBC will go from $100 down to $25

ok, just tried to move a booking that was made July 2014 to a future booking. They told me that if I change, it converts to a 'decide later' booking and my obc goes from $100 to $25.

Whatever, Royal Carappian.

Yes hard to keep up

ok, just tried to move a booking that was made July 2014 to a future booking. They told me that if I change, it converts to a 'decide later' booking and my obc goes from $100 to $25.

I'm trying to transfer a new booking to a TA, and I'm getting the same crap from the "new TA". I just booked two in May and my OBC shouldn't be affected, grrr.

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts (per cabin) when creating an Open Booking on board (formerly known as a NextCruise booking).

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

Edited by cruisenfever

I'm trying to transfer a new booking to a TA, and I'm getting the same crap from the "new TA". I just booked two in May and my OBC shouldn't be affected, grrr.

Transferring to a TA shouldn't affect your obc. I'd just call back.

That's not unusual. I have booked cruises with a NCC. The system says you owe the whole deposit until you've met the threshold but continues holding the cruise. You're not able to make payments online until you meet the required minimum deposit, though. There's no penalty involved if you cancel the cruise unless the terms of the cruise you booked say the deposit is non-refundable or you're past final payment.

Sure wish they'd fix that....it's a pain in the neck.

Shutterbug - I see you are booked on Harmony for March 11.

Come join the roll call! :D

It's the new ones that were booked after March 15, 2015 (Pretty sure that is the date) that can be changed without OBC reduction. I was also told if I change the one I have booked prior to that date that my OBC will go from $100 to $25.

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts (per cabin) when creating an Open Booking on board (formerly known as a NextCruise booking).

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

Patti and Jim

Are you still able to transfer your on board booking to someone else? (name change)

Patti and Jim

Are you still able to transfer your on board booking to someone else? (name change)

That was a feature of the old Next Cruise certificate, which I believe is gone.

I believe you now would have to make an additional booking for your friends onboard.

It's the new ones that were booked after March 15, 2015 (Pretty sure that is the date) that can be changed without OBC reduction. I was also told if I change the one I have booked prior to that date that my OBC will go from $100 to $25.

Yeah I think it's pretty ridiculous. They obviously changed it because people were unhappy, so why not let the old bookings have the same options? I ended up just cancelling. Doing a land vaca instead and no big loss as far as I'm concerned.

The rep was very careful about reviewing my booking dates; she said, 'it takes some time because I have this big chart I have to look at to see what to do'.

They need to keep it simple.

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

Open booking is no longer avail. You have to choose a sail date, but it is rebookable before final payment date. You can opt for the OBC right away, if you do, the deposit is non refundable with OBC now = future cruise deposit.

And the OBC has changed. I forgot the OBC table, but the minimum now is $50 for 5-7 days for inside.

Open booking is no longer avail. You have to choose a sail date, but it is rebookable before final payment date. You can opt for the OBC right away, if you do, the deposit is non refundable with OBC now = future cruise deposit.

And the OBC has changed. I forgot the OBC table, but the minimum now is $50 for 5-7 days for inside.

Currrent OBC table:

•5-7 night cruises

Interior/Oceanview: $50

Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

Interior/Oceanview: $100

Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

Grand Suite and above: $300

•11-14 night cruises

Interior/Oceanview: $150

Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

Interior/Oceanview: $200

Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

Grand Suite and above: $500

There are those that still have NextCruise bookings that were created prior to the new OBC structure and are still entitled to the higher OBC. They just have to make sure that they emphasize the creation date. OBC for 5-7 Nights was discontinued effective March 15, 2014 so I apologize that my list was incorrect.

Yes, I posted the new OBC amounts effective March 6, 2015 in my Post #8.:D

Prior to March 15, 2014 the OBC was

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Edited by cruisenfever

I booked a cruise while on board my May cruise, so after the quoted Mar. 15 change. But when I transfered it to a different ship, but same time frame, my TA told me I would lose the OBC. So which is correct, please? Do get to keep OBC or do I lose it?

I booked a cruise while on board my May cruise, so after the quoted Mar. 15 change. But when I transfered it to a different ship, but same time frame, my TA told me I would lose the OBC. So which is correct, please? Do get to keep OBC or do I lose it?

My notes say the change was March 6, however maybe I got that wrong. In any case, if you are booked with the newest OBC amounts, you are supposed to be able to keep the "booking on board" OBC when changing sailing dates and/or ships.

Edited by clarea