I am SO Frustrated!!! Still Waiting for 2005 Schedules!

BocaRoo

Is anyone else as peeved and frustrated as I am with Celebrity for not having their 2005 itineraries available???

We are booked on the Summit 11-Night on 3/21/05 - which has been in "Code Red" status for several weeks now; there is no way to know if this sailing will be reinstated. We are very anxious to be booked for Spring, 2005 and feel as if our hands are tied! I am just about ready to "jump ship" and try Princess!

Just venting! Thank you all for listening!!!

Jill

Summit 4/04

Millennium 10/02

Millennium 11/01

Century 12/99

Sovereign of the Seas 4/99

Splendour of the Seas 5/98

I just made final payment on our 8/14/04 cruise on the Constellation. I booked it on the day that the 2004 schedules came out - 7/20/04. So for what it is worth, we all may have a bit of a wait again this year.

Caribbean schedules are out thru 4/05 and Alaska is out thru 9/05, if this helps at all.

MissM

Thank you all for your replies! I had checked the website just before posting this topic and those sailings hadn't yet been reinstated.

So NOW our problem is that Kevin's niece is getting married right in the middle of the sailing we booked and we have to choose another date - at a price that skyrocketed!! We're really hoping the 2005 Bermuda and TransAt itineraries will be out soon - those are the ones that are really of interest to us!

Thanks, again, everyone!

Jill icon_cool.gif

Summit 4/04

Millennium 10/02

Millennium 11/01

Century 12/99

OK - I'm happy now! We are officially booked for Summit's 4/11/05 11-night sailing!

icon_cool.gif Jill icon_cool.gif

Summit 4/04

Millennium 10/02

Millennium 11/01

Century 12/99

I feel your frustration. If I can't book a year in advance I might as well forget it. We want to do the Med. and I want to go on points, if I don't book them opening day, I won't get flights. I'm going to have to go with RCL.

Some Ship, Some Itinerary, Somewhere in the Med.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2006;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas

11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas

Alaska - Dawn Princess

Coastal - Island Princess

We got tired of waiting for Celebrity to announce the Baltic schedule. So while we could still get an aft balcony we booked the Jewel for Baltic 2005. Don't know if we will change when Celebrity finally does announce its schedule. I understand that the itineraries will not be the same for 2005 as 2004. We were interested in leaving from Stockholm and ending in Dover. When our TA last talked to Celebrity she was told all Baltic cruises will be roundtrip from Dover.

I have been waiting for the 2005 European schedule since disembarking the Millenium transatlantic November 9, 2003. We enjoyed our first transatlantic in 2001 so much that we plan to do the fall transatlantic every other year.

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92

Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93

Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95

Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99

Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01

Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03

Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

Originally posted by NYDee:

We got tired of waiting for Celebrity to announce the Baltic schedule. So while we could still get an aft balcony we booked the Jewel for Baltic 2005. Don't know if we will change when Celebrity finally does announce its schedule. QUOTE]

That's exactly what we're going to do. I want an aft, so I'm going to have to book Brilliance and then see if it's too late for flights by the time Celebrity posts its itinerary - frustrating.

Some Ship, Some Itinerary, Somewhere in the Med.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2006;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas

11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas

Alaska - Dawn Princess

Coastal - Island Princess

NYDee, We considered the Jewel also, but after cruising on the Mariner last month, we changed our minds! The ship was nice because it was new, but everything else left a lot to be desired. Food and service was average at best. Speciality restaurants were ok, but the meats had little taste. RCCL has also cut back on personal. Waiter now takes wine orders. No wine steward.

We had a rear veranda cabin and all are obstructed view. You had to look through steel frame work to see the ocean. Also, Jewel is only 12 nights and we are looking for at least 14 nights.

SDT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rat:

Some of Celebrity's 2005 Europe schedule is now on their website.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Rat icon_biggrin.gif

I just went to the Celebrity web site and there are no 2005 summer or fall dates for Europe when you go to the calendar or to the destination drop down list. Where did you find 2005 itineraries? Alaska is the only summer 2005 itinerary listed, and no fall dates at all. icon_cool.gif

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rat:

Char, here is the link.

http://www.celebrity.com/filterpage.asp?g=EUROP&loc=1&s=DFC619E904<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you get that link?! When I go to the "Booked Guest" page, which is the page it opens on for me, the drop down for destinations is still only 2004!!

However, I did go to the ports drop down and found the 2005 itineraries!

Millennium out of Barcelona starting 5/15---Constellation out of Dover starting 5/21 and Galaxy out of Rome starting 5/23!! icon_biggrin.gif

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

Thanks for the heads up. We just called and put a hold on an aft cabin for Millennium 5/15 Barcelona to Venice. Those cabins are going fast already. Some mention about all aft cabins being concierge class.

FLJudi

Constellation British Isles/Norwegian Fjords

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;07;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

FLJudi, We've done this cruise twice and I highly recommend it! You won't be sorry.

I booked us a veranda cabin on the Constellation this afternoon for the Baltics in May 2005!! HOORAY!!

SDT

SDT - we did Constellation last summer in the Baltics - you will love it too. We're back on her this summer for the British Isles/Norwegian Fjords cruise. I guess we're hooked on X.

FLJudi

Constellation British Isles/Norwegian Fjords

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;07;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

Thinking of call and booking Constellation for the Baltic next summer July 30th. What cabins are most desiable on that ship, thinking on doing 2a. Called and said cabin 8161 was available and has larger balcony. Need some advice thanks

norm

Archived