First time Princess cruiser with questions

jorjen9

My family is cruising on the Caribbean Princess on June 5th. We have previously sailed Disney and Celebrity.

When I booked the cruise, the Princess representative said that there are 2 formal nights and the other nights are casual. She said you can even wear nice jeans to dinner on casual nights. Yikes! I can not imagine wearing jeans on a cruise. Is this really true? I don't want to overdress compared to everyone else.

I am used to the traditional dining. Can someone tell me how personal choice compares?

Does Princess have soda cards, and if so how much are they?

Finally, where can I find the prices of spa services and the price of alcoholic beverages on board?

Thanks!

Soad Cards for the week are $22.50 (US)(or were the last time). If you are on a longer cruise these will be more.

Drinks vary in price but go on the Princess web site and check out Wine cellars for prices there. Fos mixed drinks Speicals are around $3.95 and up. They have various sizes (small med large). Beer I'm not sure but around $4.00.

You will sometimes see people wearing jeans but most do not. Most wear nice pants or dresses. But in Horizon Court you maysee more jeans there. IMO

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal

Hi jorgen9! I'm on June 5 sailing with my husband, and two girls ages 14 and 9. You're going to love Princess, I bet. I don't know where the rep got their information, but I never saw jeans. On smart casual nights, women wore sundresses, pantsuits, capri sets, etc. and men wore dockers, tropical shirts, etc. As far as personal choice goes, we love it. You dine whenever you want - we love it with kids. Someone else will have to help you with the other questions. Last year, the coke cards were about $20.00 for the week and included fountain drinks from bars, lounges, and dining areas. Hope to see you on board!

Kim

jorjen - come check out our June 5 thread!

June 5 Caribbean Princess

Sharon

Elation 05/98

Paradise 04/99

Destiny 10/99

Inspiration 05/00

Enchantment of the Seas 10/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 03/01

Carnival Spirit 05/01

Grandeur of the Seas 11/01

Ocean Princess 04/02

Jubilee 09/02

Carnival Conquest 03/03

Serenade of the Seas 11/08/03

Rhapsody of the Seas 02/29/04-Daughter's Wedding

Caribbean Princess 06/05/04

Cast off the ropes, cast off your cares...we're outta here

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 <marquee>SUNSHINE DAYDREAM...GOIN' WHERE THE CLIMATE SUITS MY CLOTHES</marquee>

We were on our first Princess cruise last month on the Golden and like it so much we will be on the Caribbean Princess after you on June 26 then the Star Princess in October.

Jeans were not really an option for the dining room but I did see them quite a bit in the informal 24hour buffet Horizon Court even though they really do not meet the definition of Resort Casual.

Princess suggests sportswear and casual clothes during the day but asks that bathing suits and beach attire not be worn in the Public Rooms, especially the Dining Rooms.

After 5:30 it gets more specific and is listed in each days shipboard newsletter, the Princess Patter. The choices are two:

Formal- A tuxedo for dark business suit for the gentlemen and a full-length evening gown, cocktail dress or pantsuit for th ladies.

Or

Resort Casual- An open-neck shirt and slacks for gentlemen (sport jacket optional) and a dress, skirt or blouse or pants outfit for the ladies.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/04

Star Princess 10/04

Carnival Spirit 12/04

Archived