Unlimited promotions or unlmited confusion

smwc71alum

Thoughts and suggestions needed. When I booked an 11 day NCL cruise. it included the Ultimate Drinks and Ultimate Dining package. Now is seems like it is the norm. I am not so worried about the Drinks....lots of bars....but I am concerned with the Dining ........will I be able to get reservations and what restaurants are included. Thanks for any help.

Don't know which ship, but any of the specialty restaurants are included.

MDR's, buffet, Asian and O'sheehan's are free.

I've never had a problem getting specialty res's, but people on here say the have. You may want to book your must-do's ahead of time

Don't know which ship, but any of the specialty restaurants are included.

MDR's, buffet, Asian and O'sheehan's are free.

I've never had a problem getting specialty res's, but people on here say the have. You may want to book your must-do's ahead of time

I think OP is asking is that with so many people having frr UBP or UDP will the restaurants be so overwhelmed that you can't get a reservation.

As for the bars I guess they might have to wait a few extra minutes if a lot of pax have the UBP.

Of course i could have totally misinterpreted what they were asking.

Bill

I think OP is asking is that with so many people having frr UBP or UDP will the restaurants be so overwhelmed that you can't get a reservation.

As for the bars I guess they might have to wait a few extra minutes if a lot of pax have the UBP.

Bill

When we sailed in January on the Getaway, it was under the "All Inclusive" promotion that they had. Pretty much everyone on board had the package, and we never had a problem getting into the restaurants or getting a drink at a bar. :p

Get the iConcierge app (install it prior to getting on board) on your phone and you can make reservations from that once you get on board, so you won't even have to go to the Reservation Desk. It was very easy to use.

Thoughts and suggestions needed. When I booked an 11 day NCL cruise. it included the Ultimate Drinks and Ultimate Dining package. Now is seems like it is the norm. I am not so worried about the Drinks....lots of bars....but I am concerned with the Dining ........will I be able to get reservations and what restaurants are included. Thanks for any help.

Who know's???? All depends on the on what ship, what sailing and how many people got what package. Its a crap shoot, if your that concerned book online before your cruise

You can make your reservations starting at 90 days out (100 out for suites). As a previous poster suggested, book the "must-do's" ahead of time and then fill with the rest once onboard. Look at your ports of call and the times (and also any shows you want to see on the ship) and make sure you take that into account with each pre-book. If you would prefer to wait until you're onboard before reserving, just be flexible with the times and it should all work out. Also, if you can avoid the busiest times (usually 6:30-8:00) then you really shouldn't have any problems.

Edited by tarps14

Just off the DAWN 6/5. We pre booked Cagney's 1st night. Good thing... It was booked solid rest of cruise, no reservations could be made within a few hours of sailaway, they booked right up. The other specialties had spots if reserved a day or so in advance. It doesn't really help us that like to just walk up and go into a resturant. Only the complimentary resturants were walk up and be seated. The promos really affected the specialties availiability. I personally hope NCL does not keep that up. Imagine the chaos in the spa if they give complimentary spa passes too every passenger. I would rather pay the fees and go eat somwhere that everyone else isn't at. The UDP promo stopped that.

Edited by NH Cruisers

Bill

Thanks so much...all of this information is so helpful. I am a planner...so will probably try and book ahead. Also...what is everyone's favorite; restaurant. We like all kinds of food. I have sailed on Carnival and they have a drink called "Kiss on the Lips".....does NCL have their version of a Peach Mango frozen drink....We are sailing on the Epic in late February early March.