Freedom of the Seas only RCCL ship our of PC May - November 2016?

I just returned from Enchantment OTS today. While on board, I tried to book the same 3 day Bahamas itinerary for June 2016. The C&A Loyalty Ambassador told me that the only RCCL ship sailing out of PC next June will be the Freedom. My question is "Why is it taking so long to bring in a replacement for Enchantment? I DO know that she is going to Miami (?late April) and that the Rhapsody is coming in November along with the Oasis OTS. :confused:

I was really disappointed that the only way to Coco Cay in June is by driving to Miami. :(

Hard to believe they are gonna give up that 3 and 4 night revenue for so long but I guess as Bob says, there just arent any ships to bring there until Rhapsody can get there.

Edited by ryano

Hard to believe they are gonna give up that 3 and 4 night revenue for so long but I guess as Bob says, there just arent any ships to bring there until Rhapsody can get there.

Rhapsody is in the Med for the summer. I'm sure if Royal thought they could make more money in PC, they could send Rhapsody over in April instead of November.

I guess I agree with the previous posters. The summer months here might not be that lucrative but I can't understand why. Unless you are a "loyalist" like me, it would make perfect sense to hop aboard Disney or Carnival for a short cruise.

Rhapsody is in the Med for the summer. I'm sure if Royal thought they could make more money in PC, they could send Rhapsody over in April instead of November.

I'm wondering if this will be a recurring theme in the summers that follow. Lots of new builds but with retiring the older ships and sending more to Asia they will have to give up some of the traditional routes.

I'm wondering if this will be a recurring theme in the summers that follow. Lots of new builds but with retiring the older ships and sending more to Asia they will have to give up some of the traditional routes.

I thought of that too, and I'm hoping Rhapsody stays in PC year round. Hopefully there will be another ship Royal can use in the Med to take Rhapsody's place in the summer of 2017.

we gave up on waiting and booked a three night in October on Disney Dream. Price was within $125 of what we're used to paying on RCL. And with carnival moving new ships into PC next summer there are several options available.

Edited by orville99