No Bottles allowed

TXFATGUY

Again, I will bring up the need to make the "Cheers" program accessible to more people. I am a light drinker - so the $49 a day package is completely out of reach for me. I firmly believe if they create a "shared" package for a cabin - instead of no one in the cabin buying - you have just increased your sales. It certainly is worth trying it out on a few ships.

Yeah, this wasn't nearly as bad as people were making it out to be. We can still bring a bottle of wine and a 12 pack of soda. And water is at an extremely reasonable price. No real impact for the majority of us, I think.

Stand-by...there will be plenty of drama on the boards on how this new policy will ruin cruises.

Doesn't affect me, people always think that everyone has access to the very same thing as you do. So many think because it doesn't affect them that it won't effect others. Order from Amazon really ? Pay $15 in shipping for $3 of juice?

Almost everyone has access - just not always easy access.

Grocery stores, almost all of them, offer online delivery.

Amazon shipping is not nearly as high as you proposed and they have a ton of stuff in this realm that can be purchased.

Make a day trip and go to the store 46 miles away.

I mean if you want to make a big deal of it, you certainly can. Or you can also figure it out. Life goes on.

I wonder if we will hear from the people that kept saying smuggling alcohol does not affect anyone but the smuggler?

eventually if enough people try to cheat a company.. it affects everyone

This has very little to do with smuggling.

Almost everyone has access - just not always easy access.

Grocery stores, almost all of them, offer online delivery.

Amazon shipping is not nearly as high as you proposed and they have a ton of stuff in this realm that can be purchased.

Make a day trip and go to the store 46 miles away.

I mean if you want to make a big deal of it, you certainly can. Or you can also figure it out. Life goes on.

Hey I'm just playing my favorite role of devils advocate here. So many people assume that because they can find certain things or live a certain way, everyone can. Life is very very different in fly over country and small towns.

Will probably impact parents of children, or those that must have organic, or those women with bladder issues that need cranberry juice.

How exactly would this impact the parents of kids? Organic water? Never heard of this before. New marketing ploy? I'm fairly sure if a woman has bladder issues her doctor can prescribe something to take during a cruise (typically 7 days).

Doesn't affect me, people always think that everyone has access to the very same thing as you do. So many think because it doesn't affect them that it won't effect others. Order from Amazon really ? Pay $15 in shipping for $3 of juice?

When is your next cruise that makes this so important to you? Bring a juicer and squeeze your own. Your argument is getting old;) What about contacting special needs or get a doctor's note stating the necessity. As others said, if your stuck on organic, then a cruise is not for you:eek:

Hey I'm just playing my favorite role of devils advocate here. So many people assume that because they can find certain things or live a certain way, everyone can. Life is very very different in fly over country and small towns.

I agree. I'm in Northern Virginia, and I have, literally, 6 different grocery stores (2 of some of them) and a Target, 2 Wal-Mart's, a Sam's Club and a Costco within 6-7 miles of me.

Just because this doesn't impact me (I've ordered the water and will carry-on cans) that doesn't mean it won't have the same impact on other people. Especially those with kids. People should have more understanding that everyone's circumstances aren't the same instead of being so flippant.

Don't know why you love playing that role, but ok to each his or her own.

That said, anyone that lives in a small town or rural area, etc. where they can't just get things readily have already adapted and learned to do what needs to be done to get what they need and want.

How exactly would this impact the parents of kids? Organic water? Never heard of this before. New marketing ploy? I'm fairly sure if a woman has bladder issues her doctor can prescribe something to take during a cruise (typically 7 days).

Probably referring to juice. Juice boxes are like 6oz. That's quite a bit less than bringing on juice in plastic bottles.

Again, I will bring up the need to make the "Cheers" program accessible to more people. I am a light drinker - so the $49 a day package is completely out of reach for me. I firmly believe if they create a "shared" package for a cabin - instead of no one in the cabin buying - you have just increased your sales. It certainly is worth trying it out on a few ships.

Agreed, I'm a very light drinker, so the cheers program is a no-go for me

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I personally don't drink from cans because I like to keep it fresh and being able to put the cap back on instead of drinking it all once I open it.

This! A million times THIS!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I personally don't drink from cans because I like to keep it fresh and being able to put the cap back on instead of drinking it all once I open it.

Actually someone earlier in this thread made an excellent suggestion. Bring a empty soda bottle and then transfer the canned drink into the bottle. Voila! Now you can drink a fully carbonated beverage!

My DH also prefers the bottle because of being able to recap. Last cruise he brought an empty soda bottle and used it. Worked out fine.

We had cans that cruise because he caught good deal on cans rather than the 20 oz. bottles.

Actually someone earlier in this thread made an excellent suggestion. Bring a empty soda bottle and then transfer the canned drink into the bottle. Voila! Now you can drink a fully carbonated beverage!

Problem with that is pouring a can in a bottle needs a funnel or careful pouring and that process will create a lot of foam and also won't be fresh tasting if you reuse a bottle.

It's a good policy, IMO.

On my last cruise there were some people behind us in line who (and I am not kidding) had 6 cases of bottled water. This was for a 4 day cruise.... :rolleyes:

I can only imagine what they would have done had this policy been in force then! :D

A few years back I bought these on QVC. They worked really well at keeping the fizz inside the can and the pop fresh. Don't know if still sell them but I'm sure if someone really wants them they could google them and find them. Probably on Amazon.

A few years back I bought these on QVC. They worked really well at keeping the fizz inside the can and the pop fresh. Don't know if still sell them but I'm sure if someone really wants them they could google them and find them. Probably on Amazon.

My wife buys them at a dollar store and gives them out to her students at the end of school year.