I know already it's another......

Tip question. I don't know why but I'm experienced at this why am I being a numb brain?? Out of the $12.95 new tipping guidelines how much does your cabin steward actually get? Your waiter? Just figuring out how much extra I will plan on. Please don't yell at me. Thanks[emoji267][emoji483]

Tip question. I don't know why but I'm experienced at this why am I being a numb brain?? Out of the $12.95 new tipping guidelines how much does your cabin steward actually get? Your waiter? Just figuring out how much extra I will plan on. Please don't yell at me. Thanks[emoji267][emoji483]

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=415&faqSubjectName=Gratuities&faqId=5523

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=415&faqSubjectName=Gratuities&faqId=5523

How is the automatic daily gratuity shared between members of the staff and crew?

A:

The automatic gratuity is $12.95 USD, or $15.95 USD for suite guests, applied to each guest's SeaPass® account on a daily basis. Here's how it is shared between your onboard service team:

Dining & Culinary Services: $7.75 USD

Stateroom Attendant: $3.85 USD OR Suite Attendant: $6.10 USD

Other Housekeeping Services: $1.35 USD OR Housekeeping and Suite Services: $2.10 USD

To make it easier, if you want to add additional tips, simply add what you think is appropriate. Curious, why does the breakout matter?

M

Not a big deal I just know now it gets divided up among other back of house crew. I just wanted to be sure I felt I was giving my cabin steward and the waiter an appropriate amount. I kinda feel since they are the most in contact with us I wanted to feel they were well covered. Not that the behind the scene crew don't work hard or deserve it.

Not a big deal I just know now it gets divided up among other back of house crew. I just wanted to be sure I felt I was giving my cabin steward and the waiter an appropriate amount. I kinda feel since they are the most in contact with us I wanted to feel they were well covered. Not that the behind the scene crew don't work hard or deserve it.

Nice thought. Staff seem to appreciate tips over the amount pre paid or added to the sea pass daily. In fact, the last day, your cabin attendant will leave envelopes for you to "thank" him or her as well as others ( dining staff etc. ) We generally find service to be superior and leave extra.

I am happy to see the wording Dining and Culinary Services as there is often discussion regarding those who don't eat in the main dining room. I guess dynamic dining has prompted the wording change

enjoy

M

Nice thought. Staff seem to appreciate tips over the amount pre paid or added to the sea pass daily. In fact, the last day, your cabin attendant will leave envelopes for you to "thank" him or her as well as others ( dining staff etc. ) We generally find service to be superior and leave extra.

I am happy to see the wording Dining and Culinary Services as there is often discussion regarding those who don't eat in the main dining room. I guess dynamic dining has prompted the wording change

enjoy

M

The use of the phrase Culinary Services is identifying to those people who never set foot in the MDR and use the WJ for all of their meals, that there is many people that go into food service throughout the ship. The staff in the WJ rotates from the regular dining staff for breakfast and lunch, and those culinary staff members who serve dinner are working hard (sometimes harder) than those in the MDR.

1 - Trying to figure this out is an exercise in futility. Unless you know how many cabins each person has, other pay they might have, other jobs onboard they may have,what is their relative experience, etc etc... How do you know what they should get?

2 - When posted, try to make your subject line descriptive. Imagine if all posts were like this?

1 - Trying to figure this out is an exercise in futility. Unless you know how many cabins each person has, other pay they might have, other jobs onboard they may have,what is their relative experience, etc etc... How do you know what they should get?

2 - When posted, try to make your subject line descriptive. Imagine if all posts were like this?

Sorry if my post bothered you. If you dont like the subject line then don't open and read it. It wasn't meant to be confusing. Have had a lot on my mind lately and this has been a pleasant distraction. And I don't care how many cabins or tables they have to serve I base my extra tipping on the service I receive. [emoji267]

Sorry if my post bothered you. If you dont like the subject line then don't open and read it. [emoji267]

Nicely said! Some people like to be stick their nose where it don't belong:mad: Keep posting as you did, it was fine. I was smart enough to figure out VERY quickly what you wanted:rolleyes: