SEATAC...Can I make this flight?

watchdiva

Good Morning! For all of you Alaska cruisers who have flown out of SeaTac, here's my question: I can book an 11:40 AM departure to return home on 5/15/16. I will have priority disembarkation. Will I have ample time to make this flight? We have never flown out of SeaTac before - I cannot run through the concourse and don't want to be stressed out.

Your thoughts please?

Good Morning! For all of you Alaska cruisers who have flown out of SeaTac, here's my question: I can book an 11:40 AM departure to return home on 5/15/16. I will have priority disembarkation. Will I have ample time to make this flight? We have never flown out of SeaTac before - I cannot run through the concourse and don't want to be stressed out.

Your thoughts please?

Can you make that flight? Probably, but should you? Probably not. To avoid the stress factor that you mention a later flight would be better.

I was thinking of booking that same flight time since we will be on that same cruise next year. I will be interested to hear any responses too. Otherwise I will be looking into any tours of Seattle that are available from the port and hopefully drop off at our hotel.

Sea-Tac has three terminals:

Airport Security is in the main terminal building and it serves a number of different airlines. The North Satellite serves mostly Alaskan. The South Satellite serves international carriers but United and Delta. There is a little tram that goes out to each satellite.

I just did an Alaskan cruise last month. I had a transfer from the ship to the airport and arrived at the airport about 10:00 A.M. I have a mobility issue myself, even with airport assistance, I do not know that I would risk a flight that early.

Have a great cruise and enjoy one of my favorite cities.

Thanks to all who are responding. Right now we are leaning towards spending the night in Seattle and then leaving for home the next morning. I would hate to ruin a great relaxing cruise with stress about getting to the airport in time.

Our two times in Seattle, the debarkation was as fast and painless as any port we've cruised. So you probably could make it. However, "probably" is a stressful word. A time that early doesn't leave room for the possible delays that can occur getting off the ship and getting to the airport.

Thanks to all who are responding. Right now we are leaning towards spending the night in Seattle and then leaving for home the next morning. I would hate to ruin a great relaxing cruise with stress about getting to the airport in time.

Sounds like a wise decision. When ever we have flown back to Orlando from Seattle after a cruise, we always spend the night in Seattle. DH will only fly on a direct flight, so we always have had early morning flights. Seems like whenever we fly out of SeaTec, we have always encountered very long lines for security.

NotMyRealName......do you have any hotel recommendations for the overnight stay in Seattle? There is a 6:40 AM flight on the 16th so I'm wondering if we should stay very close to the airport?

We stayed at The Mayflower Park Hotel (downtown) both pre and post cruise because it was steps away from the Seattle Lite Rail station, which we took to and from the airport. Both pre and post stay, we had a package which provided a shuttle between the pier and the hotel.

One year we did stay at a hotel that was right across from the airport, but I don't remember which one it was, I believe maybe the Radisson.

Edited by Not-My-Real-Name

Thanks Triptolemus! Just booked Cedarbrook...looks great and with an in house restaurant we'll be happy campers..I LOVE how helpful CC members are!

Great! I think you'll really enjoy it.

It's a great little Seattle secret for those staying over before flying the next morning -- particularly for folks who have no plans to see more of Seattle. Personally, we fly into SEA a day or sometimes two before our cruise. By the time we're back, all we want is a nice hotel with a restaurant and a bar near the airport so we can decompress. The DoubleTree next door fits the bill, too - but the Cedarbrook is so... niche.

Have a blast!

Your thoughts please?

As with anything...It depends.

Are you a Suite guest that can get off the ship quicker than others? If so, and you do (leave ASAP) then you should have no problem.

We were non-suite guest when we cruised pearl so we booked a later flight but like others, we would have been abl eto have made a 11am flight as we were through the TSA checkpoint by 10am

NotMyRealName......do you have any hotel recommendations for the overnight stay in Seattle? There is a 6:40 AM flight on the 16th so I'm wondering if we should stay very close to the airport?

The airport is in an area completely devoid of charm, so unless you plan to stay in your hotel the entire time, I'd stay downtown and take a cab early in the morning. At that time of day, a tax ride from downtown to SEA is 20 min, tops.

Your thoughts please?

I flew out of Seattle from a cruise in 2011. The security line was horrible, about an hour to get through, unless they have better staffing now. I would go for something later, most certainly.

I was on the 5/31 Pearl sailing and was traveling with a party of 5. Our flight was for 10:15 am Sunday and we figured we wouldn't make it but we were going to try everything in our power to make it happen. We chose self-disembarkation and were probably 20th in line outside on Deck 7 at 6:45am. We had lined up the driver who had picked us up at the airport when we arrived (he was driving a Tahoe so it was tight but he managed to get all the luggage in.) We asked him if he would pick us up on 6/7 around 7:45am and everything went like clockwork! We easily made if off the ship by 7:40 and through customs and to the curb where the driver was waiting! We made it to the airport by 8:15 with an hour and a half to spare before boarding. So it CAN be done! Is it the smartest plan? probably not, but if we had missed this flight we wouldn't have made it back to Houston until close to 11:00pm. The key is getting a place in line early on disembarkation day and having a driver lined up.

We are going on the Pearl in August and I booked us on an 11:45am flight on Sunday morning. I had no other choice as we both have to be back at work the next morning. We will be carrying our luggage off ourselves.

One question - are there taxi's waiting or should I arrange for a car service?

One question - are there taxi's waiting or should I arrange for a car service?

There are taxis-a-plenty. There are also some town car drivers running around the building exit hustling fares from the taxis.

Either way, it's a flat-rate fare to the airport, I want to say around $40 or so.

Looking at NCL's ground transportation partner GroundLink, a town car from the port to SEA on a Sunday in August is currently $77.