Which ship is your favorite and why?

ididit34

With Carnival, I have been on the Destiny, Imagination and Conquest. The first thing I will tell you is that the layout of all Carnival's ships is pretty much the same and virtually identical within each class. The only real difference is in the décor. Personally, I prefer the older, Joe Farcus, designed ships. They where whimsical and full of surprises.

I have yet to sail on the Magic/Dream Class but they look like an inflated version of their predecessors. I was always interested in the Spirit class but they tend to be the longer voyages and I cannot get the time.

Overall, the Imagination is my favorite because of more open deck space and a much more nautical feel and appearance. I have had a suite on her both times though. The addition of tons of balconies has been the best thing to happen to cruising.

The other thing that Carnival always wins at is cabin size and layout. I have been on princess, RCI and Celebrity and I have to say the Carnival Cabins always seem larger and more comfortable.

I too, prefer the Joe Farcus designs... they are fun... I will be on the breeze this fall, and already think it will look blah... pretty, yet boring... i prefer the look of the funships

I've only been on Conquest-class ships. Liberty was my favorite, mostly because of the 2.0 upgrades. We had the most fun on our first cruise, which was on Valor, but that is largely because it was the first and there was a wonderful piano man on that cruise.

Have been on four Carnival ship so far and here is my list In ordrer of preference.

1-Miracle

2-Liberty

3-Victory

4-Elation

I actually love Carnival ships they are so fun and sometimes over the top in decor.

This is only an order preference but would do any of them again :-)

Sea ya

Eric

I've been on three cruises so far with Carnival and they are:

1- Carnival Liberty(8/2013)- my first cruise ever, first ship in carnivals fleet to receive the full funship 2.0 upgrades. Food was great, the decor and venues on boards was good as well.

2- Carnival Dream (8/2014) - I have a thing for the dream class ships. Beautiful ship, plenty of things to do. The Dream doesn't have the 2.0 upgrades as of yet. Love the extended deck 5. It took me a whole day to get use to not seeing the ocean below me from my balcony on deck 8 bc the the promenade deck extends outward on both sides of the ship. I haven't had the chance to stay in a cove balcony.

3- Carnival Magic(3/2015)- another beautiful dream class ship in carnivals fleet. (Same comments as I had for the Carnival Dream). Even though the Carnival Magic is the sister to the Dream, the Magic has a few upgrades that the Dream didn't have such as you needing your room key or card with a magnetic strip to activate the lights and the Magic has the ropes course. Still a beautiful ship

4- Carnival Breeze [sad] (8/2016)- I'm 421 days away from this cruise and was recently excited bc of this Dream class ship and its tropical upgrades and decor that the Dream or Magic didn't have. The breeze is the newest in Carnivals fleet and the decor is breath of fresh air compared to the decor of the Liberty, Dream and Magic. The itinerary is why caught my eye and of course the ship. We're going to Domincan Republic, Aruba, Curaçao and Grand Turks. Earlier this week, Carnival thought it was real cute to move the Breeze to Galveston a few months ahead of schedule and bc of that change, our ship now is the Carnival Splendor. My brother sailed on the Splendor three years ago when it was out here on the west coast. I know that this ship doesn't have any 2.0 upgrades and I've read that the Splendor is going into drydock in March 2016, I hope it receives at least 1/2 to 3/4 of the 2.0 upgrades but I highly doubt that as to it not being enough space to fully upgrade it to the 2.0.

I'm waiting to see the updates that carnival is abt to doing as far as the "Dancing of the ships" and hopefully I can find a cruise with the similar itinerary as the Breeze(now Splendor) with the 2.0 upgrades. If not, we'll just stay with the Splendor, and hopefully the upgrades in drydock will justify the changes Carnival has made as for moving us to a different ship.

I really enjoyed all of them but in order of ships it would be Dream Glory then Valor but my favorite cruise was Glory Valor Dream Glory was my first Carnival cruise and my mom and sons first cruise we loved the dining staff and had a super time Valor was a southern itinerary was blast Dream we had a good time but not as much as first two.

I'd have to say Paradise for the moment. She's a Fantasy Class ship, which is my favorite. I also like that she doesn't have any of the Evolutions of Fun changes, so her aft pool is still in place. I had a great cruise on her last September.

Miracle, Pride, and Legend, all Spirit class ships, because the entire aft deck is Serenity and has a pool.

I agree with these choices for the above and also because of the ship's layout and smaller size. There just seems to be more room on the Spirit class ships. I also LOVE the green Thunder waterslide!

Five ships on Carnival for me that I have sailed. Here is my favorite to least.

Legend/Miracle - nice layout and easy to get around.

Splendor - large ship with a lot of options.

Paradise - to me nothing wrong with Fantasy class. Nice for 4/5 nighters.

Freedom - not a bad ship by any means, just something about her.

Least favorite ships, of all lines were: NCL's Star/Epic. Still had a great time, just not as nice as others.

Edited by Jay Sam
correction