Number of power outlets in cabin

sh2738

I am about to go a princess cruise for the first time and had a question about the power outlets in the cabins. Does anyone know how many outlets there are? Both of us have quite a few electronics that will need to be charged each night, camera, iPhones, iPads, back up chargers, etc. Want to find out if there will be enough or if I should bring a power strip.

Thanks.

I am about to go a princess cruise for the first time and had a question about the power outlets in the cabins. Does anyone know how many outlets there are? Both of us have quite a few electronics that will need to be charged each night, camera, iPhones, iPads, back up chargers, etc. Want to find out if there will be enough or if I should bring a power strip.

Thanks.

I'd bring a 6 outlet power bar! ;)

Cato :)

A double plug on the desk, maybe an accessible one behind the TV , that's it.

Bring a strip.

Huh that's interesting. There isn't one in the bathroom? That's really odd. Have never had that before. Thanks.

Every bathroom in a hotel or cruise I have been on has the bathroom outlet. It can handle multiple voltages and plugs and is designed for no more power than a shaver. Due to its location it is difficult to use for anything else.

The desk in the staterooms have a couple of outlets but I would recommend a power strip. It is 110V.

Every bathroom in a hotel or cruise I have been on has the bathroom outlet. It can handle multiple voltages and plugs and is designed for no more power than a shaver. Due to its location it is difficult to use for anything else

Due to its (ships bathroom outlet) configuration it cannot be used for anything else. ;)

A double plug on the desk, maybe an accessible one behind the TV , that's it.

Bring a strip.

There is also a double outlet standard 110Vac located low on the wall just inside the entrance door (bathroom side) of the mini-suites (at least on the Grand Princess).

...VTX-Al

There is also a double outlet standard 110Vac located low on the wall just inside the entrance door (bathroom side) of the mini-suites (at least on the Grand Princess).

...VTX-Al

I believe OP is sailing on the Ruby. I believe mini-suites on all Grand class ships, such as the Ruby, have an outlet there. Being low on the wall in the hallway it is not of much use.

I believe OP is sailing on the Ruby. I believe mini-suites on all Grand class ships, such as the Ruby, have an outlet there. Being low on the wall in the hallway it is not of much use.

Well. the OP didn't ask how useful the plugs are, but rather HOW MANY there are. We actually used the one I was referring to recharge our wall plug-in style camera battery chargers. We also used a three plug adapter on the desk outlet to connect a CPAP and small clock radio unit, which both needed to be adjacent to the bed. Guess it depends on how many appliances you need to be plugged in at the same time .:) :D

...VTX-Al

Well. the OP didn't ask how useful the plugs are, but rather HOW MANY there are. We actually used the one I was referring to recharge our wall plug-in style camera battery chargers. We also used a three plug adapter on the desk outlet to connect a CPAP and small clock radio unit, which both needed to be adjacent to the bed. Guess it depends on how many appliances you need to be plugged in at the same time .:) :D

...VTX-Al

The floor level plugs are not on every ship and not in every cabin.

Perfect if you have one of the camera battery chargers that the battery snaps into!:)

We had one of the sideways interior cabins on the Royal. As the desk area is at the foot of the bed, DH couldn't use the single 110v outlet there for his CPAP. Our steward offered to bring us an extension cord, which would have had to run across the floor to plug in (not the best idea in a dark cabin with those who need nighttime bathroom breaks!)

Fortunately, we had an adapter which had a 2 prong European plug, as well as a USB port, so he was able to unplug his bedside lamp and use that European outlet for both the CPAP and his phone charger. I plugged my phone into the desk 110v to charge and use it as our alarm clock, but it was a little hard too see from that distance.

We charged our iPad at that same outlet during the day. If we had more devices, I definitely would recommend a power strip. The bathroom outlet only worked for the small nightlight I brought along--it won't accept anything with a polarize plug (both blades must be the same size).

Thanks.

Here's the plug behind the TV.

DSC_0086_zpsf0f44131.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsc35ca384.jpg

Right where you see the phone on the desk is the other plugs. One European and the other one standard American.

Here's what I use as a power strip. It's surge protection, has 2 USB sockets and the plug can be swiveled to fit the best direction.

image.jpg1_zps269cproo.jpg

Tom😎

Here's the plug behind the TV.

DSC_0086_zpsf0f44131.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsc35ca384.jpg

Right where you see the phone on the desk is the other plugs. One European and the other one standard American.

Here's what I use as a power strip. It's surge protection, has 2 USB sockets and the plug can be swiveled to fit the best direction.

image.jpg1_zps269cproo.jpg

Tom[emoji41]

Thanks. That is very helpful.

When you bring a power strip or extension cord be sure that it's relatively new, as they can take away any strip that might be a fire hazard. We keep one in our travel bag just for cruising.

From experience, I'd rather have a power strip on the desk than try to get to the outlet behind the TV.

We have been in cabin's with an outlet under the little shelf just as you enter the cabin (under the mirror), but it's really just for the Room Steward to plug in the vacuum.

Every outlet I've ever seen in the bathroom is labeled "for razors only".

Have a wonderful cruise,

I was on a holiday cruise and I used the plug behind the TV to plug in some Christmas lights that I bought.

I only use the the surge protector only while I'm in the stateroom otherwise it's stored away in a drawer. Out of site out of mind.

Tom😎