what will be the next big sale be after Anniversary sale?

249A

Isn't there a late show though for the late seating dinner? I thought that are 2 shows or some kind of entertainment later on. On our previous cruises they had 8 o'clock show and 10:00 show for the late diners. Is this not the case on HAL? This is our first time on HAL.

Yes, there is a show at 10:00 PM (normally).

On rare occasion, when something special is scheduled later in the evening, the "late" show is scheduled for something like 6:45 or 7:00, but that is not usual. Otherwise, there's a show in the main show lounge at 10:00.

I was hoping open seating would be like our Royal Princess experience. After the first 2 days, the hostess sat us with our same wait staff, since it was clear we found them excellent. There was only one night she wasn't able to do this, but placed us nearby. The interaction was great.

What ship did you do open dining on where they passed you around? From their point of view, I would want the hostess to always try to seat the same people with me for that hope of an extra tip at the end of the cruise.

HAL does this also. We always get open dining and have never had a problem getting the same table (or at least the same servers) for the rest of the cruise if we asked. It's to everyone's benefit!

I am very disappointed with HAL. We booked under the Anniversary sale and got OBC plus other perks. Now the price went down for a category higher than mine. I called my TA (booked with Costco Travel) and HAL told them I would lose all my OBC and will not get any $$ back either if I move to a new category. What's wrong with this picture? I also asked them to move me to late dining from early dining (still over a month before sailing) and they said they dont have any openings. Reallly? for 2 people? They said they can put me on a wait list, but if it will not be available, we'll automatically be put in any time dining. This is our first time with HAL and so far I am not impressed at all. We sailed with Celebrity and Princess and they were MUCH more accomodating. We were upgraded twice with Celebrity due to the price drop. Princess upgraded us even when the price didn't drop, which I understand is just a matter of luck or random occurance. But, if the price drops, or new promotion comes up, they should do something. Am I wrong? A question for those of you who previously sailed with HAL: is this the pattern, or just depends on whom they talk to? I can't believe that such a reputable cruise like would do things like that.

We have also booked thru big C and even without the OBC from HAL and a lower amount of OBC from Costco we still came out ahead by over $550 per cabin after requesting the a rate adjustment to the lower price. Still keeping the 2 dinners per cabin for both specialty restaurants.

We have also booked thru big C and even without the OBC from HAL and a lower amount of OBC from Costco we still came out ahead by over $550 per cabin after requesting the a rate adjustment to the lower price. Still keeping the 2 dinners per cabin for both specialty restaurants.

They told me since we are only 34 days away from sailing, they have to cancel my reservation and rebook, which will be subject to penalty plus we lose the OBC from the anniversary sale, so what I currently have, they said is a better deal. They also said that the price reduction is on a different category than mine, which is a higher one, but they can't give me any credit. So, in essence, they can give me the new category that's currently on sale at a lower price but they are not willing to apply any credit, yet they want to take the perks away. This doesn't make any sense, as appears to be one sided deal. However, I can't prove anything and it looks like they are sticking to their guns. That's the frustrating part. We had this situation on Celebrity and as the price went down, we were upgraded twice in lieu of the credit. I know that cruise lines don't like to give money back, but at least they can do an upgrade or additional OBC. In my situation they are not willing to do anything.

What HAL is giving you is a higher category cabin at a lower rate. That will be all that you get. When you cancel your origional reservation you will lose all the credit and all the perks that went with the reservation.

What HAL is giving you is a higher category cabin at a lower rate. That will be all that you get. When you cancel your origional reservation you will lose all the credit and all the perks that went with the reservation.

That's the problem. They are not doing this. They are willing to switch me to the higher category at the price I paid, not the lower price and take away my perks on top of that. I could see if they rebook me at the lower rate and provide credit with taking away perks, or, keep perks and move me to the new category without providing credit.

I am very disappointed with HAL. We booked under the Anniversary sale and got OBC plus other perks. Now the price went down for a category higher than mine. I called my TA (booked with Costco Travel) and HAL told them I would lose all my OBC and will not get any $$ back either if I move to a new category. What's wrong with this picture? I also asked them to move me to late dining from early dining (still over a month before sailing) and they said they dont have any openings. Reallly? for 2 people? They said they can put me on a wait list, but if it will not be available, we'll automatically be put in any time dining. This is our first time with HAL and so far I am not impressed at all. We sailed with Celebrity and Princess and they were MUCH more accomodating. We were upgraded twice with Celebrity due to the price drop. Princess upgraded us even when the price didn't drop, which I understand is just a matter of luck or random occurance. But, if the price drops, or new promotion comes up, they should do something. Am I wrong? A question for those of you who previously sailed with HAL: is this the pattern, or just depends on whom they talk to? I can't believe that such a reputable cruise like would do things like that.

When you say "the price went down", is the higher category now LESS than what you paid?

I don't remember when it started but it ended at the end of October, 2014. I booked in October, and, of course, the price dropped after it ended.

We booked under the Expore4 and the price is now actually a LOT higher.....