6/3 and 6/15/15 Island Princess-PLEASE POST REVIEWS

kermit13

Hi.

Due to reviews and reply to a thread I posted and due to itinerary changes (8 3/4 hours shorter in ports - total) we are concerned. We are sailing on 9/19 and balance is due 7/6.

There have been no reviews posted for the 6/3 AND 6/15 sailings. The 5/22 sailing had 4 reviews, 3 of which were bad.

Please post your reviews. Thanks so much!

I too noticed the 3 latest bad reviews we go very soon and I am keeping a very open mind and will make the most of what we will get. But love reading reviews anyway, they are always subjective different people can be on same cruise and gave totally different experiences.

any review is just one person's opinion - and those who aren't happy about something are more likely to post their opinion than those that enjoyed their experience. Remember that CCers make up a small percentage of those on board - so to have only 3 of them write a bad review, to me, doesn't mean much.

Marianne

I realize the 6/15 cruise does not come back until today. I was just trying to encourage reviews. Also, I did not think you were being disrespectful. I appreciate all comments as I am new to the message board. Thanks to all of you who responded. I fell a lot better.

We did the Grand Med. itinerary along with four family members two years ago on the Royal Princess. We cruised about a month after the ship was delivered, and the reviews were very negative. I was very concerned as the other family had chosen this cruise based on my many positive experiences with Princess. The cruise was absolutely perfect and the itinerary is just fantastic!! As others have said, everyone has opinions and sometimes people are anxious to post negative ones.

If you have never been to these cities/sites/ports you are in for a real treat! I looked at your port times and they look fine, where are the 8 3/4 hours in reduced port times you spoke about? Also, my guess is that you may have already purchased your airfare, so that is a consideration if you decide not to go ahead with the cruise.

I'm in one of the new aft balconies on the July 9th sailing on the Island (Grand Mediterranean itinerary) with the land tour through Switzerland and Italy first. I'm sure it will be fine. We were on the Island pre dry dock through the Panama Canal and it will be interesting to see how things are different. I'll post about it when I'm there, but really, just go for it. It's a cruise. On a ship. In Europe. No matter how "bad" it is, you will still :D because you're on vacation!

:)

Bonnie

The time in ports changed as follows. Athens was 7 to 5:45 and now it is 7 to 2:00 (our excursion's return time is 2:45 so they will have to shorten it by at least an hour.) Istanbul was shortened by an hour so I am no sure what that will do to or lengthy excursion. Mykonos was shortened the most (from 1:00-11:59 PM to 1:00 to only 8:00 PM)

Thanks for asking!

The time in ports changed as follows. Athens was 7 to 5:45 and now it is 7 to 2:00 (our excursion's return time is 2:45 so they will have to shorten it by at least an hour.) Istanbul was shortened by an hour so I am no sure what that will do to or lengthy excursion. Mykonos was shortened the most (from 1:00-11:59 PM to 1:00 to only 8:00 PM)

Thanks for asking!

Wow! Those are really shortened. I just looked at my itinerary on the cruise personalizer and found that my port times have not changed. They are the same as your original postings. Have you contacted Princess to see why they've changed for your sailing?

Bonnie

The email said it was due to port congestion. I will call Princess on Monday to see how the excursions we booked in Athens and Istanbul will be changed (shortened) to accommodate the new port times.

Thanks again!

The 5/22 sailing was the first after a major drydock. Experience has shown that there can be issues on the first cruise after a major drydock. Most of the negatives in those reviews have hopefully been resolved.

It will be interesting to see if the vibration issues in the newly added cabins are a significant issue as initial reports appear to indicate.

Issues with staff at Passenger Services is another matter that needs to be addressed.

The 5/22 sailing was the first after a major drydock. Experience has shown that there can be issues on the first cruise after a major drydock. Most of the negatives in those reviews have hopefully been resolved.

It will be interesting to see if the vibration issues in the newly added cabins are a significant issue as initial reports appear to indicate.

Issues with staff at Passenger Services is another matter that needs to be addressed.

Hate to say it but if we cruised based off of Passenger Services staff we would probably stay home. We try to stay away from that area. We have not had good experiences with them in the past but the rest of the crew and staff make up for it. :) I'm sure that some of the staff are probably new so it will take a few cruises to get the bugs worked out.

The email said it was due to port congestion. I will call Princess on Monday to see how the excursions we booked in Athens and Istanbul will be changed (shortened) to accommodate the new port times.

Thanks again!

Definitely do that...that is a huge cut in your time in Athens. With the travel time from Piraeus to Athens each way this will mean that you really only have time for a half day excursion. Wishing you good luck!!

Wow! Those are really shortened. I just looked at my itinerary on the cruise personalizer and found that my port times have not changed. They are the same as your original postings. Have you contacted Princess to see why they've changed for your sailing?

Bonnie

It appears that the new vibration problem after the refit is causing them to slow the ship's speed. Too many complaints unfortunately. Thankfully the Coral's refit has been postponed/canceled?

Thanks for asking!

It isnt the ship that is bothering you but Port times?

I can understand your worries. Usually a full day needed in the European ports. Congestion seems a strange excuse. I might check on another site. If Venice can regularly handle 15,000 people in one day I'd be very surprised re the reason. When is your sailing date?

I am hoping to hear the Coral isnt going the same way.

Edited by Pushka

This itinerary shows for Sep 19 on Aus Princess. It looks like either website not updated or maybe no change?

c664c98edfab09304795fb12e5624ba9.jpg

This for Oct 13

32eb2d6e0627c88658bee48ba6b5ba7c.jpg

October 25

bfea5b37aeff8af419593ea42e964f65.jpg

Sep 7 and Oct 1 - same times

130b4f460333e199fcc93bb1e60e262b.jpg

Edited by Pushka

This itinerary shows for Sep 19 on Aus Princess. It looks like either website not updated or maybe no change?

c664c98edfab09304795fb12e5624ba9.jpg

This for Oct 13

32eb2d6e0627c88658bee48ba6b5ba7c.jpg

October 25

bfea5b37aeff8af419593ea42e964f65.jpg

Sep 7 and Oct 1 - same times

130b4f460333e199fcc93bb1e60e262b.jpg

Not updated!

Hate to say it but if we cruised based off of Passenger Services staff we would probably stay home. We try to stay away from that area. We have not had good experiences with them in the past but the rest of the crew and staff make up for it. :) I'm sure that some of the staff are probably new so it will take a few cruises to get the bugs worked out.
There can be issues with Passenger Services on a given cruise but on at least three of our cruises they have been very responsive to significant issues we have had. They should treat people in a respectful manner and we should treat them the same way

This isnt from a TA site but a Port site. Princess reasoning makes no sense esp in Mykonos - as per below:

First one showing Mykonos - until midnight.

a1758376d6331cc1cbec9d741295a3a2.jpg

Athens - only ship registered.

16a8dbd53a00cb6097dac48003da04c9.jpg

Istanbul

07ff16269641c33ffb0d8f3cfeda9eae.jpg

Edited by Pushka

On cruise personalizer (on Princess website), the itinerary was updated to reflect the change in port order and the change in the amount of time in Athens, Istanbul and Mykonos. Cruise personalizer reflects the most up to date itinerary.

Regarding the kind person who responded about the vibration causing the ship to slow its speed - maybe that is why they cut the time in these 3 ports and not because of port congestion. Who knows!

We still expect to have a wonderful time on this cruise. We just hope they do not cut time out in other ports especially in those ports where you need a whole day for the excursions.

Thank you for your comments.

On cruise personalizer (on Princess website), the itinerary was updated to reflect the change in port order and the change in the amount of time in Athens, Istanbul and Mykonos. Cruise personalizer reflects the most up to date itinerary.

Regarding the kind person who responded about the vibration causing the ship to slow its speed - maybe that is why they cut the time in these 3 ports and not because of port congestion. Who knows!

We still expect to have a wonderful time on this cruise. We just hope they do not cut time out in other ports especially in those ports where you need a whole day for the excursions.

Thank you for your comments.

Hopefully more will come back or post a live and chime in.

Edited by Colo Cruiser