Ladies- Day pack packs for on shore?

Not sure if this is the right area to ask? Any suggestions on ideal daypacks for Europe day trips? I have been looking at Eagle, Rick Steves, Lug etc. I know its a personal choice but I thought someone out there can recommend a bag they have used constantly.

I just purchased a Rick Steves shoulder bag for my Med cruise this fall. Seems good but haven't used it yet. I read some complaints about the length of the shoulder strap (not a problem for me). Quality seems fine, I sew and can spot right away if things aren't put together right. It is smaller than regular day pack but I don't take much ashore with me.

What's wrong with a regular purse????

Many purses are made to be carried by the handles, tucked under the arm, or worn on one shoulder. None of those are convenient when you want to have your hands free and not have your purse fall off your shoulder if you bend over to look at something. Those styles are also less secure as far as being pick pocketed. A cross body style is most convenient as well as most secure. Also, some regular purses have a single snap or magnetic closure, and for security most prefer a zip top for travel.

Many purses are made to be carried by the handles, tucked under the arm, or worn on one shoulder. None of those are convenient when you want to have your hands free and not have your purse fall off your shoulder if you bend over to look at something. Those styles are also less secure as far as being pick pocketed. A cross body style is most convenient as well as most secure. Also, some regular purses have a single snap or magnetic closure, and for security most prefer a zip top for travel.

Thank you Meg, it makes sense. 😊