Adventure of the Seas next dry dock

Can anyone tell me how I can find out when the Adventure of the Seas is headed back to dry dock. I seem to remember someone mentioning next November but I can't find it again.

Thanks

Oct/Nov 2016.

You can find out exact dates by searching for a cruise between those dates.

• 5 weeks later...
Wow really? That's cool

That`s not cool but a shame as it destroys the next nice ship in the fleet. She also gets an ugly hat with cabins. Buttom line is more people on the boat and and less space on the open decks.

You me to tell me they are going to dry dock it and add new things after I get bac from my September 2016 cruise?

Correct, it looks like the dry dock is currently scheduled for mid-October to mid-November 2016.

That`s not cool but a shame as it destroys the next nice ship in the fleet. She also gets an ugly hat with cabins. Buttom line is more people on the boat and and less space on the open decks.

Having Been on the Navigator after the Refurb I can add that the 12 deck cabins, adding a smaller front crown, result in more deck space, over the new area. It has emerged as an excellent viewing area. Especially when coming into or leaving port.

Also the flow rider is a welcome addition. The Disco off the Promenade (Jesters) will likely be converted into a Sabor's Mexican Restaurant (top level) and interior rooms (lower). Card rooms in the crown are converted to an Isumi Restaurant.

So yes a few more people, but some very welcome upgrades.

Having Been on the Navigator after the Refurb I can add that the 12 deck cabins, adding a smaller front crown, result in more deck space, over the new area. It has emerged as an excellent viewing area. Especially when coming into or leaving port.

Also the flow rider is a welcome addition. The Disco off the Promenade (Jesters) will likely be converted into a Sabor's Mexican Restaurant (top level) and interior rooms (lower). Card rooms in the crown are converted to an Isumi Restaurant.

So yes a few more people, but some very welcome upgrades.

The area on deck 12 might be larger now but the open deck area on deck 11 that provided some good and intimate places in the shade is unfortunately gone.

Furthermore you can no longer walk or run around the ship on one deck but have to climb up and down.

Most important for me is that the crown or hat destroys the sleek and pretty look of all the ships and this is very sad. Big waterslides on top that you can see from far away will make it worse soon.

• 6 months later...

We were on Navigator in January,2016, and while the new rooms looked nice and the deck area above them was nice, not all was well with Navigator. The Sabor restaurant that was added seemed to be a bust. They were so desperate for customers that they took to walking through the Windjammer soliciting during breakfast and lunch, kind of like the bead and trinket dealers on the beach. It was really tacky to say the least. The additional passengers were not noticeable but other cuts being made by Royal are. They even added kiosks down the middle of the promenade which really restricted the walking space making it all but impossible to pause for even a moment and not be jamming up the traffic flow. Not much thought for anything more than squeezing more $ out of us. Hope they do better with Adventure because we are done with Navigator.

The trend seems to be adding more cabins to increase pax.

As I mentioned on another thread, in the past, we found the Voyager class ships to be a reasonable size for the number of guests. It was not that difficult for us to find Windjammer seating and theater seating. However, with the addition of the new staterooms on Voyager class, and no increase in size of the public venues, the ships may feel more like Freedom class.

As I mentioned on another thread, in the past, we found the Voyager class ships to be a reasonable size for the number of guests. It was not that difficult for us to find Windjammer seating and theater seating. However, with the addition of the new staterooms on Voyager class, and no increase in size of the public venues, the ships may feel more like Freedom class.

Interesting observation....we'll test out that theory soon.