Europe 2017

GARNERSINMH

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately a number have unfortunate circumstances have conspired to keep us off ship. Not any more! For those in the know, do you have any ideas when can I expect Europe 2017 to really open up their itineraries? Thanks for any insight that you can provide.

Wishing everyone an enjoyable and safe 4th of July! :)

Before summer itineraries were published around mid-December 1,5 years before. Now with new management and new ships coming they have been not so predictable with earlier publishing times as before.

We are waiting to book a Med cruise in the summer of 2017. I was told by my PCC (who is not always the most well informed) that the itineraries should be released around January 2016.

Find a good travel agent and forget about the PCC.

Joining in.

Can we expect anything new or different in Europe for '17?

Epic still doing the ever popular 7day Med, the Canary Islands in the winter. A second smaller ship like NCL currently does next to that?

Breakaway Plus Bliss will just be entering service and probably be US based, just my guess.

Breakaway is the NY ship, so perhaps we will get Getaway for a summer season in the Med? But not sure how I feel about the Epic being not even 1 year old and doing the Med versus a 3 year old Getaway for growth market Europe..

It would pleasantly urprise me if they put Bliss in Europe, would love that. Or BA and GA together for a summer season. :D

Competition for NCL like MSC is growing rapidly in Europe, their expansion plans are quite in the open with their announced new builds. Just really curious which way NCL will go..

The best "stuff" my PCC gives me is fantastic customer service. We have worked together for over 5 years and he has consistently been the consummate professional. We are very very happy with our PCC and wouldn't change him for anything.

The best "stuff" my PCC gives me is fantastic customer service. We have worked together for over 5 years and he has consistently been the consummate professional. We are very very happy with our PCC and wouldn't change him for anything.

...and sadly you're not supposed to tell us who he is. Forum rules--unlucky for the rest of us.

We've had two PCCs, both terrible.

Rather than roll the dice again, gave up.

I'm glad you have a consummate pro... and more than glad, I'm envious :)

Joining in.

Can we expect anything new or different in Europe for '17?

Epic still doing the ever popular 7day Med, the Canary Islands in the winter. A second smaller ship like NCL currently does next to that?

Breakaway Plus Bliss will just be entering service and probably be US based, just my guess.

Breakaway is the NY ship, so perhaps we will get Getaway for a summer season in the Med? But not sure how I feel about the Epic being not even 1 year old and doing the Med versus a 3 year old Getaway for growth market Europe..

It would pleasantly urprise me if they put Bliss in Europe, would love that. Or BA and GA together for a summer season. :D

Competition for NCL like MSC is growing rapidly in Europe, their expansion plans are quite in the open with their announced new builds. Just really curious which way NCL will go..

Epic has many design flaws so it has been banished to Europe. Much of this is related to smoking areas. Getaway is not even 2 years old yet.

It would be grand if I could figure out how to land an amazing PCC, without going through years of trial and error! I am a control freak and so much prefer a PCC to relinquishing control to a TA.

It will be interesting to see what Summer '17 holds for NCL in the Med. Right now I am loosely basing plans off their '16 schedule, but can't wait to have something more concrete!

That's terrific. I just hope your PCC is giving you lots of "stuff."

I am sure that others have had success with TAs, but I don't like giving up control of my reservation to someone that I may not be able to contact when I need them. If prices drop, they rarely do, since I book early, I call and get the new lower prices.

Also, I don't ignore the big internet TAs. Every time I book a cruise, I check with the TAs for the cruise that I book and 80% of the time my cruise is not listed for the firecracker or whatever special is offered. When my cruise is listed, the bennies are just not worth giving up control.

I like doing my own research and don't need a TA to assist me with travel plans.

For river cruises, I like Vantage that doesn't allow TAs, which lowers prices for me when I book a tour with them.

My PCC is great, she knows every way to maximize my next booking. She even called me offering an upgrade on an Epic cruise three years ago.

I suggest that instead of sarcism, you respond by opening a discussion on the subject, as I did. TAs work for you, no problem, they just haven't yet for me.

On your next cruise go to the meet and greet and at introduction time tell the group you would like to find a good PCC. Ask if anyone who is highly pleased would share their name with you. It's how I happened to find mine when my super guy retired.

I have received several bottles of wine over the years from my lady, especially when I have referred customers to her.

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

"Sowohl in der Saison 2015/16 als auch in 2016/17 kreuzen vier der modernen Schiffe der Reederei in europäischen Gewässern."

For the non German readers:

"Both 15/16 and 16/17 season there will be sailing four ships of the cruise line in European waters"

Only Epic is currently open for 2017 bookings? So Epic, Jade, Spirit and a ship on the norther European routes again...?

Bliss is launched Spring 2017 and will most likely Summer in Europe.

Spirit and Epic swapping back probably because UK/Europeans prefer the smaller ship and not filling Epic for this winters sailings.

Star off to Australia via a world repo via Middle East and Asia to test the waters.

Then they can decide if Bliss follows in Autumn 2017

To me, from the press release, it seems this will be Europe 2016:

Spirit; transatlantic to Venice April 2016, ?

Epic; summer Med, transatlantic to Port Canaveral in fall.

Star; summer Norther Europe/Baltic, Med in fall en-route to Far East. Leaving Copenhagen for a repo to the Med on September 28, 2016. Doing 11 day classic Med from October 12, 2016.

Jade; summer Med, beginning May from Venice until mid or end October. Transatlantic to Tampa in October/November 2016.

And Europe 2017:

Spirit; year round, doing Barcelona, Venice, Istanbul.

Epic; transatlantic in spring, summer Med?

Star; back from Far East from Venice appr. mid April 2017

Jade; ?

Please fill me in where needed.. I am missing Northern Europe in 2017?

Well, it is a 4 ship deployment in 2016. Kind of cool that the Star will do a repo through whole Europe, brings a lot of choice to the consumer. Would have been greater if they split up some cruises on her into shorter ones, some more 4 or 5 days bookable. Not sure if a ship will be at full capacity doing such a route.

Itinerary wise NCL made some good moves.

It would be great if Europe got one of the newer NCL ships for 2017 - my money would be on Bliss remaining in Europe when she launches!

I think we will like Escape a lot and we need to get a 2017 cruise booked in! :)

To me, from the press release, it seems this will be Europe 2016:

Spirit; transatlantic to Venice April 2016, ?

Epic; summer Med, transatlantic to Port Canaveral in fall.

Star; summer Norther Europe/Baltic, Med in fall en-route to Far East. Leaving Copenhagen for a repo to the Med on September 28, 2016. Doing 11 day classic Med from October 12, 2016.

Jade; summer Med, beginning May from Venice until mid or end October. Transatlantic to Tampa in October/November 2016.

And Europe 2017:

Spirit; year round, doing Barcelona, Venice, Istanbul.

Epic; transatlantic in spring, summer Med?

Star; back from Far East from Venice appr. mid April 2017

Jade; ?

Please fill me in where needed.. I am missing Northern Europe in 2017?

How about Summer 2017 Bliss out of Southampton doing Northern fjords etc and longer med runs. Similar to what Independence of the Seas does for Royal

• 2 months later...