Cabin Crawl

Bases5

I have a question, I am setting up my first cabin crawl as the organizer and have #6 groups of #15, With the help of another member. Here is my problem. First all the Hosts will be released stopping at their cabins to await the 6 groups. Would it be best to release the 6 groups one at a time or in groups of two.

( 1 & 4, 2 & 5, 3 & 6 )

Example, Group 1,2, 3 visits Low to High,

Group 4,5,6 visits High to Low

The problem I am running into whatever order I put the cabins for Group 4, the Hosts may not have arrived at their cabins when the group comes through. I am not sure how long it will take for the Hosts to arrive at their cabins.

Serenade of the Seas Host Cabins

Thank You.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

To follow up on my Posts I feel it is better to release Group 1, 15 minutes after the Host group, 5 minutes later Group 4, then in 10 minute intervals the remaining sets of groups since they are viewing the cabins in a different order, 2 & 5, 10 minutes later, 3 & 6. I probably will never do this again but we had a sudden cancellation with our Chairman for this activity. Ourselves personally all we care to view is the 2 bedroom suite #8668, we have seen the others plus we are hosting our cabin, 1040.

Are you sure you are understanding your gift exchange properly? From what I understand, most you only bring one gift and get one gift at or after the meet and greet.

As far as whether these events are fun, I'm going on my second cruise ever, first with CC and I'm really excited for the cabin crawl and slot pull. I'm in a suite but I'm really curious about all of the other rooms too. I really don't see a big downside to letting people in my room. It's not like I will have jewels lying out to be stolen or my panties hanging from the bed post or anything.

Our roll call is considering a cabin/poker crawl. I have offered up our owner's suite as one of the cabins. I enjoy meeting others and when I was in other staterooms I always thought it would be nice to see the suites. This is the first time I have done this.

We have a smaller group. I thought it would be nice to have some light snacks/cheese. Has anyone done this? Would I arrange it through the concierge? Is there a charge? I don't mind paying as long it's not astronomical....lol. Thank you.

I have a question, I am setting up my first cabin crawl as the organizer and have #6 groups of #15, With the help of another member. Here is my problem. First all the Hosts will be released stopping at their cabins to await the 6 groups. Would it be best to release the 6 groups one at a time or in groups of two.

( 1 & 4, 2 & 5, 3 & 6 )

The problem I am running into whatever order I put the cabins for Group 4, the Hosts may not have arrived at their cabins when the group comes through. I am not sure how long it will take for the Hosts to arrive at their cabins.

Serenade of the Seas Host Cabins

Thank You.

Gay

To follow up on my Posts I feel it is better to release Group 1, 15 minutes after the Host group, 5 minutes later Group 4, then in 10 minute intervals the remaining sets of groups since they are viewing the cabins in a different order, 2 & 5, 10 minutes later, 3 & 6. I probably will never do this again but we had a sudden cancellation with our Chairman for this activity. Ourselves personally all we care to view is the 2 bedroom suite #8668, we have seen the others plus we are hosting our cabin, 1040.

And I always thought that cruising was supposed to be fun. What you are describing sounds more like a military exercise than a vacation. Everyone following lockstep to a set schedule, worrying more about following the rules than enjoying themselves. Yikes! :eek:

If this is what a cabin crawl is like, count me out. I'll be relaxing by the pool with my favorite drink and actually enjoying my vacation while the rest of you scurry about following instructions, maps, and schedules, all the while focusing on not being late to the next checkpoint so you don't upset the organizer's carefully crafted plans.

Edited by sloopsailor

( 1 & 4, 2 & 5, 3 & 6 )

As someone who's organized a cabin crawl, the logistics can be tricky. A couple of ideas that you might or might not have thought of:

Hosts: You can just give each cabin host a 5-minute head start, before the group starts making its way to their cabin. Another approach is for all of the hosts to make up their own group, and go through ahead of, or after the other "crawlers". Kind of depends on how much participation you have.

Organization: It's crucial to have a plan, ie: start at the top of the ship and work your way down -- or, vice-versa. Otherwise, you'll have a lot of folks getting lost, back-tracking, and generally just milling-around. :eek: Also, take into account that some folks want to take the stairs, while some will need to use the elevators. If you have a huge number of participants, it just makes sense to break them into smaller groups. It avoids congestion issues, as the hallways and cabins can only accommodate so many people at once.

Which brings me to my last point: Consideration. It's always nice to let your cabin crew know that 100 or so of your closest friends are going to be showing up at your door. Especially if the crawl is held in the morning, when they are busy servicing the rooms. And, don't forget about your fellow passengers -- those who are not on the crawl. Making your way through the halls quietly will be greatly appreciated by those who are trying to read, nap, or just enjoy the peace and quiet of their cabin. :cool:

Good Luck! :)

As someone who's organized a cabin crawl, the logistics can be tricky. A couple of ideas that you might or might not have thought of:

Hosts: You can just give each cabin host a 5-minute head start, before the group starts making its way to their cabin. Another approach is for all of the hosts to make up their own group, and go through ahead of, or after the other "crawlers". Kind of depends on how much participation you have.

Organization: It's crucial to have a plan, ie: start at the top of the ship and work your way down -- or, vice-versa. Otherwise, you'll have a lot of folks getting lost, back-tracking, and generally just milling-around. :eek: Also, take into account that some folks want to take the stairs, while some will need to use the elevators. If you have a huge number of participants, it just makes sense to break them into smaller groups. It avoids congestion issues, as the hallways and cabins can only accommodate so many people at once.

Which brings me to my last point: Consideration. It's always nice to let your cabin crew know that 100 or so of your closest friends are going to be showing up at your door. Especially if the crawl is held in the morning, when they are busy servicing the rooms. And, don't forget about your fellow passengers -- those who are not on the crawl. Making your way through the halls quietly will be greatly appreciated by those who are trying to read, nap, or just enjoy the peace and quiet of their cabin. :cool:

Good Luck! :)

Lots of good advice here!

On the cabin crawls that I have organized, we usually only had about 30 or so participants, so we all went as one group, and put the 'host's' at the head of the crawl, so that as soon as they saw the current room, they went ahead to open their room.