Just off Grandeur of The Seas

On Grandeur at the end of May... they were turning individuals away that were wearing shorts during dinner. Breakfast and lunch were fine, but after embarkation day, people were turned away from MDR at dinner time for shorts or sleeveless shirts.

Good to know, thanks for the insight

John&LaLa - Grandeur MDR staff came around at dinner on the 1st night and told every single table shorts were not permitted in the MDR at dinner beyond the 1st night. They stated they "tolerate" it the 1st night because some people may not have received their luggage in time to change, but beyond the first night, no shorts allowed.

The poolside band gave an additional concert one night in the lounge to the rear of the ship, the one behind the Schooner bar. It was in addition to the centrum band playing. On our cruise. Which was last week (7/17-7/24).

Cruisin4thedeepblue - it was a wide mix of music, everything from oldies beach music to 70s, 80s, 90s, current stuff, Adele, even a few classic country tunes. She even sang Dolly Parton the last night. Everything. Not Caribbean at all!

Thanks!! Great to hear. We are looking forward to sailing her. Been out of Baltimore twice before on the Enchantment and really enjoyed her. I know the Grandeur is not stretched so should be a bit less crowded, but will miss Boleros

Thanks Again:)

I wish all the ships would hold to the NO SHORTS in the MDR policy but it does get a little lax at times. And John please stop by and see me in October on the Freedom.

Would love to, unfortunately Laura is solo on the September, October, and December voyages. If you see a stunning lady with striking gray hair, say hi

Which sailing are you on? I may not have checked out roll call since I'm not going. You will often find her at the 3 card poker table as well.

10-18 Freedom If she knows Bertie (DL) or Rahul (CL) they can let me know who she is.

The two bands are good but not like it used to be. Limited hours each night but lots of music you can ballroom to, no tangos. We were spoiled when they had three bands. Now they tend to use centrum for more game shows the dance music.

We are headed out on the Grandeur Aug.21st.

I see you can buy wifi for 2 devices for 30 online before the cruise. Is it more expensive if we wait to buy it onboard?

Is it fast?

Can you switch out any 2 devices you want to use?

Thanks so much!

Sorry if some of these questions have already been answered!

We are headed out on the Grandeur Aug.21st.

I see you can buy wifi for 2 devices for 30 online before the cruise. Is it more expensive if we wait to buy it onboard?

Is it fast?

Can you switch out any 2 devices you want to use?

Thanks so much!

Sorry if some of these questions have already been answered!

Same price onboard. In fact, it might be cheaper onboard if you are a C&A member. It is not fast. You can switch out any number of devices as long as only two are online simultaneously.

Just off the Grandeur.

We found that speeds were pretty good when people were off the ship, but slowed down measurably when everyone came back aboard.

Any video (even Google Hangout video) was a trial, but most other things were decent speed even during the slower periods.

----------------

Just off the Grandeur! Had a very nice cruise. The crew was fab and very helpful! We had our 16 year old granddaughter with us and she really enjoyed it also! The Dolphin Quest was so wonderful! It was really worth the money! Any questions?

Sheila😄

As far as the Deck 10 Running Track...this was damaged in the bitter cold weather in the winter 0f 2014. It is damage to the aluminum decking and will be repaired during the next dry docking which will take place in 2017. I have been on the ship twice since the damage happened and no one has fallen through yet. The gap has been well covered !

As far as the shuffleboard equipment I do not use it and have not noticed the condition of it.

As of now we have three more cruise scheduled for Grandeur and hope to do many more.

:):)

Was actually on the cruise where the running track "gap" happened. The reason I laughed is because you would have to be about 2 inches wide to fall through it!....Will be sailing on Grandeur on the 21st this month and looking forward to the folks in the CL and the fantastic crew....K.O.:)

When we sailed on Grandeur last year we noticed that there was about a six inch gap on one of the top outdoor decks (maybe around the jogging track) that they had covered with a long piece of rubber so no one would fall in - like the deck was actually coming apart. Is it still like this, or did they fix it?

Also, the shuffleboard equipment was in horrible need of replacing as they were all badly broken. Have they been replaced?

The shuffleboard equipment is in bad shape, that's a deal breaker!!!......:D

Was actually on the cruise where the running track "gap" happened. The reason I laughed is because you would have to be about 2 inches wide to fall through it!....Will be sailing on Grandeur on the 21st this month and looking forward to the folks in the CL and the fantastic crew....K.O.:)

Yep, we were onboard also. Although one side separated some the cruise before ours and was covered with a rubber piece. The one that happened on our cruise (March 18) did more damage to the other side and was more a trip hazard due to the twisting and one side was slightly higher than the other. Railings had also popped off which made the area unsafe. That said, the gap was only 2-3 inches wide. There are a couple of photos of the damage from our cruise that were posted when we returned. When we went back on in Nov, both sides had rubber pieces covering the gaps. We also can't wait to go back onboard, but wont' until Oct 2016.

Edited by BND

Understood, but appropriate and allowed are two different things. That is why I was asking someone recently aboard. Pics are from Freedom last month

Grandeur is one ship that has enforced the no short rules the last few years...:)

Thanks Gwen, I knew you had posted a couple before. I also forgot how big the gap was because as I said when we were back in Nov 2014, it had a temporary repair. Not to mention, the split happened a couple of days before we returned to Baltimore so between the cold weather and lack of access, we really didn't get out to see it.