Harmony of the Seas question

With new dynamic dining on RCCL Harmony of the Seas, one of the restaurants that will be part of the rotation is THE GRANDE. The description advises, "Every night is formal night". Does anyone know if men must wear suits or will a dress shirt and tie suffice? :)

Interesting. Sounds like a fun place. We signed up for DD on Harmony. I'll be curious to see if they will have the alleged kinks worked out by the time we go. Looking forward to something different from the rest.

Glad I found this thread as I didn't want to start a new one. Does this mean Harmony of the Seas will not have an MDR? We have never sailed the Oasis and Quantum classes and this will be our first.

Deck 3 American Icon Grill

Deck 4 The Grand

Deck 5 Chic

(From what I've read)

These will be the main dining room venues for dynamic dining. Each dining room 1 deck above the other.

Each dining room will have a different menu, "The Grand" being the formal venue each night. If you select dynamic dining choice, you can visit the same dining venue as much as you like, or a different one each night. They will change the menu once during a 7 night cruise.

If you choose dynamic dining classic, you will rotate through the 3 dining rooms each night, then repeat.

Go to the RCCL website for ships, then click on the Harmony, then click on deck plans.

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

Interesting. Sounds like a fun place. We signed up for DD on Harmony. I'll be curious to see if they will have the alleged kinks worked out by the time we go. Looking forward to something different from the rest.

Lets hope so. They will certainly have had plenty of trial and error by then on other ships.

Deck 4 The Grand

Deck 5 Chic

(From what I've read)

These will be the main dining room venues for dynamic dining. Each dining room 1 deck above the other.

Each dining room will have a different menu, "The Grand" being the formal venue each night. If you select dynamic dining choice, you can visit the same dining venue as much as you like, or a different one each night. They will change the menu once during a 7 night cruise.

If you choose dynamic dining classic, you will rotate through the 3 dining rooms each night, then repeat.

Go to the RCCL website for ships, then click on the Harmony, then click on deck plans.

Tom

So if everyone is eating at The Grand on different nights, does that mean that there are no ship wide formal nights?

So if everyone is eating at The Grand on different nights, does that mean that there are no ship wide formal nights?

What I wrote was from RCCL's website, and here on CC.

With Dynamic Dining, Royal states every night is formal night at The Grand dining room.

As far as specifics for traditional formal nights (twice on a 7 night cruise) I doubt it, but don't know for sure.

I would think the photo shoots will still be available outside of the Grand.

Perhaps Bob (clarea) can inform us.

Tom

What I wrote was from RCCL's website, and here on CC.

With Dynamic Dining, Royal states every night is formal night at The Grand dining room.

As far as specifics for traditional formal nights (twice on a 7 night cruise) I doubt it, but don't know for sure.

I would think the photo shoots will still be available outside of the Grand.

Perhaps Bob (clarea) can inform us.

Tom

When a ship goes to DD, there are no more shipwide formal nights.

I did read about something else they might be trying, Royal something or other night, but there's no way to know if it will be on Harmony at this early stage.

When a ship goes to DD, there are no more shipwide formal nights.

I did read about something else they might be trying, Royal something or other night, but there's no way to know if it will be on Harmony at this early stage.

"Royal Nights"

We had at least 2 royal nights on our anthem cruise last month - the instruction on the cruise compass was " dress your best" . Most people seemed to make an effort - the dress attire those evenings was noticeably more formal than the rest of the cruise .

We had at least 2 royal nights on our anthem cruise last month - the instruction on the cruise compass was " dress your best" . Most people seemed to make an effort - the dress attire those evenings was noticeably more formal than the rest of the cruise .

Was the Royal Nights specific to the formal dining venue on the Anthem? Or included in the other main dining venues?

On Harmony the formal venue is "The Grande" dining room.

Thanks

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

The grande is formal every night on anthem. The Royal night applied to all other venues also - it was not cumpulsory but was widely recognized. I am also booked on harmony for next year so will be interested to see if they also have " Royal nights " .

Was hoping I wouldn't have to pack formal wear but it sounds like we may have to in this case. I'm sure a lot of folks will not bring dressy outfits so I'm guessing this is when they will give out the jackets to the men as someone suggested they do on Quantum class ships. Seems a bit odd to include this dining room in the rotation because it will be one less restaurant for some to try because of the dress code. I chose the DD Class 1 which is traditional dining early 5:30PM seating. Our table will move together and we will have the same server staff in each dining venue. We'll see how this works out November 2016. I'll be reading HOS forums next year to keep current on what everyone thinks. NCL has the free dine around but you don't keep your server staff and there is no set time.

The grande is formal every night on anthem. The Royal night applied to all other venues also - it was not cumpulsory but was widely recognized. I am also booked on harmony for next year so will be interested to see if they also have " Royal nights " .

Thanks Trixie21,

It would be nice to see Royal Nights added to the Harmony. Thanks for the details.

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

They do indeed keep jackets in the grande to give out to anyone who doesn't have one. A tie is not required and you can remove your jacket when you sit down. There was a mix of tuxedos , ties , No ties , suits etc. it is formal but not oppressive and though I am not a big fan of formal I actually enjoyed the experience . You can always go somewhere else on the nights your rotation is due in the grande ( windjammer , speciality etc ) if you want to avoid dressing up but really all you need to bring is one jacket and you're sorted!

This all sounds extremely interesting and dare I say exciting if all goes according to plan. We selected dynamic dining classic so we will have a fixed dinner time every day. If we are in say Grande, but don't fancy the menu, could we order from the Chic menu? We will be in a suite so I guess Coastal Kitchen will also come into play in the rotation schedule? We are in a 5-night cruise so I doubt there will be any change in menu.

Deck 4 The Grand

Deck 5 Chic

(From what I've read)

Tom

Good info, thanks.