Explore 4 Signature Beverage Package

richarduk

I'm not sure where to start with this question....hmm

We're considering a cruise which currently offers explore4.

We generally don't buy drinks from the bars. In fact usually only when we eat at Pinnacle. We also rarely use the normal restaurant. Also, we tend to dine in suite on the balcony much of the time.

Therefore, due to this, I am wondering how this Beverage package would benefit us?

We tend to buy drinks from in-room dining but I think you are not able to use this package for that?

Apart from buying individual drinks from a bar and taking them back to the stateroom, what other options are there, if any?

We're not bar flies, we prefer our balcony in the Med in summer.

Also, the T&C's state that the package includes all beverages priced $7.00USD or lower including service charges with the exception of wines priced at $8.00USD or lower. Does this provide much scope for wines to be purchased as I can't remember much being at that price? Hopefully I'm wrong!!!!!!!

Any help appreciated.

Edited by richarduk

If you do not mind me asking - how did you find a cruise offering Explore4? I thought that promotion ended quite awhile ago (like end of last Oct) ??

If you do not mind me asking - how did you find a cruise offering Explore4? I thought that promotion ended quite awhile ago (like end of last Oct) ??

I think the OP is from the UK so they might have the promo there.

OP, could you post a screen shot of the terms and conditions that you see, please?

To answer some of your questions, the beverages do not have to be alcoholic to be covered by the package. You can use it for specialty coffees at the Explorations Cafe, bottled water, or pop/soda in addition to alcoholic drinks or wine. Basically any beverage under $7 (but it sounds like your terms cover wine up to $8).

You could also purchase some of the beverages at a bar, like cans of beer, soda/pop for your stateroom for use on your balcony. Just keep them in the minibar. We have the stewards clean out the minibar and just put our own stuff in there. Then it's available when we want it, day or night.

If you would not purchase any of the above beverages that I've listed, the SBP may not be of value to you, based on what you've said. Only you know for sure.

We generally don't buy drinks from the bars. In fact usually only when we eat at Pinnacle. We also rarely use the normal restaurant. Also, we tend to dine in suite on the balcony much of the time.

Therefore, due to this, I am wondering how this Beverage package would benefit us?

We tend to buy drinks from in-room dining but I think you are not able to use this package for that?

Apart from buying individual drinks from a bar and taking them back to the stateroom, what other options are there, if any?

We're not bar flies, we prefer our balcony in the Med in summer.

Also, the T&C's state that the package includes all beverages priced $7.00USD or lower including service charges with the exception of wines priced at $8.00USD or lower. Does this provide much scope for wines to be purchased as I can't remember much being at that price? Hopefully I'm wrong!!!!!!!

Any help appreciated.

Where are you seeing this promotion?

I think the OP is from the UK so they might have the promo there.
This is exactly right.

The T&C are on this page - http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Content.action?requestPage=Explore4_Terms&WT.ac=promoLP_Explore4-2015_respPbN_Terms_UK - and say:-

Explore4 2015 Terms & Conditions

* ALL PRICES STATED ARE CRUISE ONLY. Fares listed are in GBP Sterling. Fares and Explore4 offers are based on Promo(s) KA/KB/JD. Featured fares and Explore 4 offers are per person based on double occupancy and include Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses. Explore4 offers are based on 1st and 2nd guests sharing a stateroom and exclude 3rd/4th guests, except as provided herein. Explore4 offers are available for new bookings only, are not combinable with Flash promotions, are capacity controlled, and may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice. Guests who later cancel their Explore4 booking and rebook after Explore4 ends will lose all offers associated with Explore4. Other restrictions may apply. Offers are applicable to select 2015, 2016 and 2017 departures. Free Signature Beverage Package value of US$1400 per stateroom (US$700 pp) is based on a 14-night cruise. The Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced $7.00USD or lower including service charges with the exception of wines priced at $8.00USD or lower. Signature Beverage Package excludes purchases made in Signature Shops, Mini Bar and In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay. Signature Beverage Packages are not transferable or refundable and may be used only on the cruise portion of Land+Sea Journeys. Participants may order only one drink at a time and must be 21 years or older. No sharing is permitted. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the Signature Beverage Package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason, including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests. Signature Beverage Package has a retail value of US$50 per person per day, including service charges. Free Pinnacle Grill dinner: Guests will receive one complimentary Pinnacle Grill dinner per person. Pinnacle Grill dinner offer is not transferrable or refundable. Reservations and dining times will be assigned and a confirmation card will be placed in your stateroom upon embarkation day. Offer excludes Specialty Dining Events in the Pinnacle Grill such as Le Cirque, de Librije, Master Chef’s Table and Sommelier Dinner. 50% reduced deposit: bookings made on voyages requiring immediate final payment are not eligible for a reduced deposit. Third/fourth offer based on sharing a stateroom with 1st and 2nd guests, is valid on select sailings, and is based on Promo Z3. Suite offer: Guests who book a suite receive one complimentary Canaletto dinner per person and $150 USD per person ($300 USD per stateroom) onboard spending credit. Suite offers apply only to guests 1 and 2 in the stateroom and are not transferable or refundable. Reservations and dining times will be assigned and a confirmation card will be placed in your stateroom upon embarkation day. The onboard spending credit is not combinable with regional discounts, Net Rates or other travel agency exclusive offers. For more information about our stateroom categories and suite descriptions, to view deck plans and for full terms and conditions applicable to your cruise, please refer to hollandamerica.co.uk or the appropriate Holland America Line brochure. Offers are capacity controlled and may be modified or withdrawn or sailing/departure dates may be substituted without prior notice. Subject to availability. Other restrictions may apply. It is the responsibility of guests to ensure they have a full passport valid at least 6 months beyond the date travel is to commence. Explore4 offers end 31 October 2015. Ships' Registry: The Netherlands.

Yes, we are in the UK. I just looked today at HAL's website and checked via the homepage where I clicked on the Explore4 logo and went from there.

Here's the T&C's.....

Explore4 2015 Terms & Conditions

* ALL PRICES STATED ARE CRUISE ONLY. Fares listed are in GBP Sterling. Fares and Explore4 offers are based on Promo(s) KA/KB/JD. Featured fares and Explore 4 offers are per person based on double occupancy and include Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses. Explore4 offers are based on 1st and 2nd guests sharing a stateroom and exclude 3rd/4th guests, except as provided herein. Explore4 offers are available for new bookings only, are not combinable with Flash promotions, are capacity controlled, and may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice. Guests who later cancel their Explore4 booking and rebook after Explore4 ends will lose all offers associated with Explore4. Other restrictions may apply. Offers are applicable to select 2015, 2016 and 2017 departures. Free Signature Beverage Package value of US$1400 per stateroom (US$700 pp) is based on a 14-night cruise. The Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced $7.00USD or lower including service charges with the exception of wines priced at $8.00USD or lower. Signature Beverage Package excludes purchases made in Signature Shops, Mini Bar and In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay. Signature Beverage Packages are not transferable or refundable and may be used only on the cruise portion of Land+Sea Journeys. Participants may order only one drink at a time and must be 21 years or older. No sharing is permitted. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the Signature Beverage Package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason, including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests. Signature Beverage Package has a retail value of US$50 per person per day, including service charges. Free Pinnacle Grill dinner: Guests will receive one complimentary Pinnacle Grill dinner per person. Pinnacle Grill dinner offer is not transferrable or refundable. Reservations and dining times will be assigned and a confirmation card will be placed in your stateroom upon embarkation day. Offer excludes Specialty Dining Events in the Pinnacle Grill such as Le Cirque, de Librije, Master Chef’s Table and Sommelier Dinner. 50% reduced deposit: bookings made on voyages requiring immediate final payment are not eligible for a reduced deposit. Third/fourth offer based on sharing a stateroom with 1st and 2nd guests, is valid on select sailings, and is based on Promo Z3. Suite offer: Guests who book a suite receive one complimentary Canaletto dinner per person and $150 USD per person ($300 USD per stateroom) onboard spending credit. Suite offers apply only to guests 1 and 2 in the stateroom and are not transferable or refundable. Reservations and dining times will be assigned and a confirmation card will be placed in your stateroom upon embarkation day. The onboard spending credit is not combinable with regional discounts, Net Rates or other travel agency exclusive offers. For more information about our stateroom categories and suite descriptions, to view deck plans and for full terms and conditions applicable to your cruise, please refer to hollandamerica.co.uk or the appropriate Holland America Line brochure. Offers are capacity controlled and may be modified or withdrawn or sailing/departure dates may be substituted without prior notice. Subject to availability. Other restrictions may apply. It is the responsibility of guests to ensure they have a full passport valid at least 6 months beyond the date travel is to commence.

Thanks for posting this. If the deal is the same here in the US, I will keep my Anniversary Sale deal. Of course this will vary by person, length of cruise and cabin type, whether it is worth it to change from the recent Anniversary Sale.

I get it. Your username "richarduk" indicates that you are Richard from the United Kingdom, and not Richard The Duck. :D

Yes UK, not duck:D

I note these these T&C's state only one drink at a time, unlike what I read elsewhere. As I've said we enjoy our balcony so not sure how this could work out. I guess we could both order two rounds of a glass of wine, ending up with 4 glasses, take them back to the stateroom and chill them!:D

Yes UK, not duck:D

I note these these T&C's state only one drink at a time, unlike what I read elsewhere. As I've said we enjoy our balcony so not sure how this could work out. I guess we could both order two rounds of a glass of wine, ending up with 4 glasses, take them back to the stateroom and chill them!:D

I'd try to discuss it with your servers and see if you can reach a happy comprise. It's entirely possible that you're the type of person who brings joy into the hearts of others - which is why HAL wants you out and about, mingling.

Yes, it's offered all over Europe now - that's what a future cruise consultant told us and we have also booked a transatlantic with Explore 4 on top. Strangely enough the following cruise on the same ship which we booked as a B2B doesn't have that promo.

We got Explore 4 when the Anniversary Sale ended in Europe but was extended for the US and Canada.

I think you should watch August 1st or so....

We do not understand the dynamics of booking HAL cruises in the UK. But once upon a time we booked a 38 day Oosterdam cruise (in the US) during a promo that included the drink package. By the time of our final payment we had rebooked that same cruise for $11,000 less...which was a later price without the promo.

Hank