kettle in cabin on Eclipse for sailings from Southampton

seapals2

Just an FYI, as soon as the ship finishes the Southhampton season, they are removed from the cabins even on the TA although you can ask your steward for one.
This is true. I was able to get one via request on my 2014 eastbound Eclipse transatlantic ending in Southampton. Very convenient.

Just an FYI, as soon as the ship finishes the Southhampton season, they are removed from the cabins even on the TA although you can ask your steward for one.

I'm on the TA in November so will be asking for one. :)

Make sure you bring your own teabags. Possibly the ship will have a different supplier than when in florida so this might not be necessary. Also, the small "fridges" in the staterooms never get cold enough to be called a fridge...cooler box maybe. Nothing gets cold nor keeps cold in them.

I know you really should use freshly boiled (not re boiled) water to make tea, but on UK sailings we order tea and milk etc. for two from room service and simply reboil the water for both my tea and wife's preferred brand of instant coffee which we bring from home. Saves a lot of faffing about getting milk from buffets etc.