Do you buy stuff to only wear on cruises?

Do you buy anything to only wear during cruises?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy anything to only wear during cruises?

• Yes
    • No

I voted yes but since I have a number of gowns I will not be making any purchases for a long time. I will probably need a new swim suit before our next Caribbean cruise & a cruise is the only time I wear swim suits.

I hear you on swimsuits! Although I literally live next to a pool the timing of my swimsuit purchases (two on eBay) was based on the cruise. First I had a hole in one suit; then while trying to figure out what size I wear, I realized I need to go one size smaller anyway. Why get two swimsuits? The cruise, of course.

Yes, because it making packing, especially to the Carbibean in the winter time, much easier. [emoji4]

Ever tried finding a size 16 bathing suit for $21.99 in March? Pretty much the gist of the story of finding last-minute summer clothes and lugguage for my 1st cruise ever in April last year, in less than a month. (That's what I get for giving away good luggage away.[emoji21] )

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Guest maddycat

I voted yes, but I was mostly thinking of shoes and purses. I have a pair of black macramé flats that I wear on cruises and only on the ship. They wouldn't last a day if I wore them outside at home. I also have a few purses that I only wear on cruises. They're small and made of fabric. My everyday purse at home is a large leather bag.

I voted yes, but I was mostly thinking of shoes and purses. I have a pair of black macramé flats that I wear on cruises and only on the ship. They wouldn't last a day if I wore them outside at home. I also have a few purses that I only wear on cruises. They're small and made of fabric. My everyday purse at home is a large leather bag.

Shoes and purses count, although you don't really wear a purse.

The last thing I have to get before my cruise is an extra pair of walking shoes. I don't like the idea of buying waterproof shoes for one week knowing I will never need them again. Extra walking shoes, however, can be used on all cruises, not just my next one.

Another yes, I buy everything from undies, swimwear, casual and formal clothing, sandals, bags all just for cruising/vacation.

In fact we have a room in the house where even DH has started to call up the stairs "are you in the cruise room"? This is where I store all my cruise finds and have one case packed ready to go minus clothes which hangs up in the walkin ready to be packed the night before. Occasionally I sneak in and "borrow" something as living n Florida it is cruise weather most of the year!:cool:

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Don't purchase things for a cruise/travel, but I have some things that I now only wear for those. Especially a pair of comfortable walking sandals. Took forever to find them and I don't want them wearing out.

I have some clothes that I wear only when cruising or traveling abroad since we travel with carry ons only.

I have poly underwear, tops, fleeces, skirts and pants that I can wash in the sink and dry overnight. And each piece folds into almost nothing.

Great for travel!!

Edited by Viv0828

Water shoes are the only purchase made strictly for a cruise. Most of the other things I buy, including clothing worn on formal night can we worn to a holiday cocktail party, a wedding, a dinner at a charity or political event, etc. and they have been worn for these occasions since I buy more on the semi-formal side. In fact, some of the cruise clothing for formal nights have actually been purchased for other occasions. The swimsuits don't usually get much wear other than on a cruise. Since we cruise only once or twice at the most per year, they stay in pretty good shape and I now just decide which I'll carry based on luggage space or the "wrinkle" factor if they have to stay inside the suitcase for several days before we arrive at the cruise port. I usually buy them out of season so they are on clearance. I spend very little on them. The water shoes will last for years. We live in a warm climate and usually go on a cruise during the summer so the rest of the clothes are straight out of our everyday clothing that I know is comfortable, easy to wash and wear and can serve double duty.

for a cruise.
I saw this Eliza J gown, and something about it was just my speed.
It was not available locally, so I caught a sale on line for 79.99 free shipping. It was tooo big, so rechecking- it was now available two sizes smaller for 47.99.
It is perfect.....so it is something I only see myself wearing on a cruise...
and lighter than most dresses I won....so it is easily packable with a 50 pound weight limit.

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eliza-J-Scarf-Print-Woven-Pleats-Halter-Maxi-Dress-Gown-Wedding-Prom-Colorful-/161768351110?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item25aa252586[/url]

Bernadette