The All New All Things Dream Thread Got Questions?

mzloolue

Amberdc87 - we stayed on NOLA time the entire trip. So it was super easy!

Awesome! We are sailing to Key West, Freeport and Nassau, and I think they are all on EST. So that helps alot with me booking my excursions :)

Thank you so much, Mzloolue, for starting this thread. I will be sailing on the Dream in October and love to read other people's opinions and suggestions.

I have not sailed the Dream before, but I have in my notes from other people that the "secret door" is located on decks 9 & 10. Go all the way forward and through the double doors and you will be on the forward facing deck over the bridge.

I have a question about the dive-in movies. When is the list of movies released for a particular month? Is the list the same fleet-wide or is it different per ship?

Thekidsandi - the dive in movie list I was able to find on cruise critic before we sailed. But I believe john heald also publishes them on either his blog or fb page halfway through the month prior. So for October it would be mid September. We had some great movie selections! And they usually did 2 movies a night. An early kid friendly movie at 7:30p and something more adult at 10pm. 2 of the days they did only one movie but the movies were long or there was a deck party that night.

I believe the movies are fleet wide.

Thekidsandi - no problem! Sometimes it filled up depending on the movie. We found our favorite spot to sit was in the very last row facing the screen straight on. That way we got a blast of air conditioning whenever the doors opened. But in October it won't be as hot!

Kids were still swimming in the pool and people talking but they have closed captioning on as well. You knew it was a really good movie when the whole deck was silent!

They also advertise popcorn but I never saw or smelled it. I also didn't hunt it down so it very well could have been there.

Any videos I've seen makes it look like the Dream is really crowded, especially on the decks with pool and sunning areas? Is this all the time, or possibly just the first day when people might be filming videos? I haven't been on a Carnival ship and the Dream doesn't seem to be that much larger than my last ship the Grand Princess. Grand just didn't seem that crowded to me.

Grand Princess Carnival Dream

Length 290' 306'

decks 17 15

Passengers 3100 3652

crew 1100 1369

I went last jan on the Dream and there were hardly anyone on the decks at times 2287c3f5e078e0b21ef90f3955ad7b0d.jpg08d747f51960a9884a50e9e6c68b8f9e.jpg3a44ac5a4dc22b4978bdf492307ecf7b.jpgc931f31833a316a036f23dd7d95a5887.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got home from the dream on 7/19/15!

We embarked onto Deck 3 where the lobby is so no deck chairs there. Deck chairs were on deck 5, 10, 11, and 12.

Depending on where the sun is Deck 5 would be a good place. It also has a slight overhang. Deck 11 also had a slight overhang that you could pull the deck chairs under.

Food was hit or miss. We noticed that the bread in the MDR was good and fresh every other night. Menu in MDR wasn't as exciting as past cruises we've done on carnival. But lobster night was delish and I had escargot one night also.

Lido buffet (The Gathering) usually had similar stuff to MDR (no lobster though). I do have to say it always felt a little oily up there. But maybe was because of how humid it was.

Definitely do the pasta bar on deck 11. You can access it from a staircase in the gathering. Or an elevator in the rear of the ship.

Spa was pretty awesome. Boyfriends first time getting a massage. Truly spectacular (except for cost but expected on a cruise ship). Love how they didn't try to sell me anything (on NCL they tried to get me to buy over $200 worth of products after a massage!)

Crew was not as nice as other Carnival ships. Not sure why. Our head waiter in MDR was great but seemed to be the only one working with our table of 11 while his assistants helped others tables.

I'm looking at booking massages for me and DH on our Feb. cruise on Dream. We are in a cove balcony so don't have Cloud 9. When booking massages, do you also have use of the other spa amenities for that day?

Just off of the Dream the first week of July.

The ship is on Central time for the entire cruise. It isn't really crowded except for embarkation and debarkation. Lines can get long for seating and food, but they move pretty fast. I don't think I ever waited for anything more than ten minutes or so.

The best food spots are the pasta bar (upstairs over the aft buffet), the Tandoor and the Deli. All of these are far aft. The steakhouse was decent, but it isn't quite up to the quality of most steakhouses. Not to say that it wasn't worth the $35, we ate there twice.

There was always entertainment to be had. Trivia fills up super fast, be there at least ten minutes early as does the Karaoke.

Henne is ok as a cruise director, but don't expect much in the way of zany antics.

There is always a wait for the elevators, the stairs are just as easy and quicker. We usually walked back to the center or aft elevators when we needed to use the elevators.

Our room steward was fantastic. I haven't had anyone take more care with the room. The wait staff was ok, we had anytime dining so we had someone different almost every night. The majority of the bartenders made good drinks.

All in all, it was a decent cruise and we were happy with what we got out of it for the money we spent.

Edited by rlp122

Unfortunately no. But they were supposed to be going digital the second week of July. Poor fellow was still struggling along with CD's and a couple of printed books when we were on our cruise.