The All New All Things Dream Thread Got Questions?

mzloolue

Bamagirl_gina - I am not sure because we bought the spa pass for the week. I know a day pass is $40.

My brother also got a message and he was never told he could use the spa facilities that day. I wonder if it's a by request thing. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Alabama Alan - we got off the Dream on 7/19/15. The piano bar guy was not as good a vocalist as I have seen on other ships. I'm not sure if he was sick or something. He seemed to be struggling to reach notes. He was very nice but didn't seem to get the party going like others did.

We have seen some reviews from earlier this year that the entertainer in the piano bar was not as good of a vocalist as most. Has anyone visited recently to confirm or deny?

We were on the Dream in April and if it is the same guy, he sucks. He was the worst vocalist I have seen in 13 cruises. We normally would go to the piano bar every night on a cruise, but not in April. I gave him two chances and we did not go back. He was awful. Just my opinion.

Oh I forgot something. I think this might be helpful for others.

My cousins brought their one year old daughter with them. They had called carnival beforehand and were told they could not bring milk on board. (Although my other cousin brought 5 gallons of milk on board because her son has certain allergies and there wasn't a problem with her bringing those on)

Anyway, for my little niece they would order milk cartons from room service or grab a few at breakfast. Unfortunately these milk cartons were always like 2% but you gotta make due with what you have.

one day we were in the lobby and I asked at the bar for milk. The bartender said it would cost like 3 dollars. I asked her "even if it's for a baby?" The bartender said "oh if it's for a baby I can give you the milk for free but I have to put it in the bottle". This made life so much easier!! Plus it was whole milk!

So in a nutshell, if you need milk in a baby bottle you can get it at the bar!

We will be sailing on the Dream on August 23! This will be our first cruise on the Dream! So glad this new thread was started! Love all the information!!!

We will too!

And it will be our first cruise on Dream also.

So far most of what I have learned about Dream has been sort of disappointing.

I am hoping it will not be as I fear.

No live band karaoke.(like on Elation)

No deck with deck chairs in the shade (like on Triumph, Glory and Conquest)

On the positive side, there is an Indian food kiosk.

I am looking forward to Triumph coming back to New Orleans...

Hi, a couple of questions.

We are sailing on the Dream on April 17, 2016 out of NOLA. This is a vacation week for Massachusetts schools. Will this be a crowded week? Do other states have the same vacation week?

We are on Deck 8, will are deck look over the water or is there a walkway below?

Thanks for the info. Can't for our cruise, just wish airfare would go down.:confused:

We are sailing on the Dream on April 17, 2016 out of NOLA. This is a vacation week for Massachusetts schools. Will this be a crowded week? Do other states have the same vacation week?

We are on Deck 8, will are deck look over the water or is there a walkway below?

Thanks for the info. Can't for our cruise, just wish airfare would go down.:confused:

I do know that that week is near the end of Spring Break season, so hopefully it shouldn't be bad. We live in Lower Alabama and our Spring Break starts the middle of April and goes through the very end (between all of our counties). You combine that with Colleges on Spring Break. Hopefully it won't be bad, but you have to expect crowds anytime during March and April, unfortunately. :(

And as far as looking down, since deck 5 sticks out from the ship and goes all the way around, when you look down from deck 8, you will see deck 5.

Edited by amberdc87

I have packed two suitcases (one just with first aid kit, sunblock, etc. for two cabins) and one with my clothes. Noticed on website that Carnival recommends 50# weight limit. I have no idea how much they weigh (they're heavy) but I can pick them up (clothing suitcase not easily as I'm so short), so should I go with smaller (= more) so that the weight is dispersed or leave it as is? How strict are they going to be on the weight? We sail on Sunday so any help is appreciated!!

Around here spring break for public schools is around march 17. It is always the week with St Patrick's Day.

I am also sailing August 23 and its going to be here before we know it!!

Love this new info - will be following it and adding to it in a few weeks once we're back :)

Yes it will.

Looking at the list of things I need to do before we go :eek:

I have a question about the spa.

On other ships I have been on everyone has access to certain amenities in the spa, is this also the case on Dream?

And I am interested in hearing about experiences with the thalassotherapy spa? tia

Thanks for all the info!

Just curious, did more people dress up for dinner in the dining room going out of New Orleans compared to other ports? We are staying a few days in NO and noticed that some of the nicer restaurants have dress codes. Wondering if the local passengers/other passengers tend to dress up more since they're used to dressing up in the city.

We usually now bring the bare minimum for Carnival elegant nights since many times in the past we felt very overdressed.

We will just skip the fancy restaurants in NO if jackets/dresses aren't seen much in the dining room on the ship and save on the luggage weight.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the info!

Just curious, did more people dress up for dinner in the dining room going out of New Orleans compared to other ports? We are staying a few days in NO and noticed that some of the nicer restaurants have dress codes. Wondering if the local passengers/other passengers tend to dress up more since they're used to dressing up in the city.

We usually now bring the bare minimum for Carnival elegant nights since many times in the past we felt very overdressed.

We will just skip the fancy restaurants in NO if jackets/dresses aren't seen much in the dining room on the ship and save on the luggage weight.

Thanks!

I have not sailed on Dream yet, but I have sailed from New Orleans a bunch.

What I have noticed is that some people really dress up, but they are not the norm.

I enjoy looking at the people who are dressed up, but I don't want to be them.

My DH wears Dockers and either a knit shirt with a collar, a button down shirt or a shirt with a tie.

But the tie is really unusual for him.

I wear some black pants and a decent top.

Just wear whatever you feel like wearing for the most part.

I don't believe you have any access to the spa without a pass

That is interesting.

On the other ships I have been on the saunas are available for everyone who chooses to use them.

One more thing that Dream seems to be without.