The All New All Things Dream Thread Got Questions?

mzloolue

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the great tips, but I am a little confused with 1...Port Times

We are on the Dream end of August for a B2B. Our itinerary says Cozumel 10-18. So then I checked on the port schedules for Cozumel and it is the same. So I am then assuming that the ship time will match the port time?

I booked an 11am tour thinking I was safe, not realising that the times can be different. Do you think I am OK?

You should always stick to ship time. If you aren't sure you need to email the people you booked your excursion with and verify that they are on ship time. Every excursion I have ever been on has been on ship time to keep things from being confusing for the passengers, even when their local time was an hour or two off of what the ship was on. Just email and ask to be sure, though. And you said 10-18, is that military time or did you mean 10-8?

The price has been increased to I believe 3.99. Doesnt bother us as we like the ships water but that is a large percentage increase.

You can say "it only went up $1" or you can say "it's outrageous they increased it by 33%". Both are true. Guess it depends on what side of the bed someone gets out of...

Hi everyone!

We are on the Dream end of August for a B2B. Our itinerary says Cozumel 10-18. So then I checked on the port schedules for Cozumel and it is the same. So I am then assuming that the ship time will match the port time?

I booked an 11am tour thinking I was safe, not realising that the times can be different. Do you think I am OK?

Just off the Dream yesterday. Cozumel was 1 hour ahead of 'ship time'.

We would have missed our private excursion- 'Cooking with Josefina'. We called her quickly once we realized we were late (we docked at 10am last week- 11am Coz time- excursion started at 11) and were hoping we could catch up to the group at the open market while they were picking up the meal ingredients. We were very lucky to find out we were the only participants that day. We had her all to ourselves. Great time, great food.

So verify the local time with the tour operator. Also- Daylight Savings Time may mess things up, too. But, as of last week- Dream stayed on 'ship time' the whole time. (I've been on cruises where we changed our own clocks forward/backward to match port time. Very confusing).

Hi everyone!

Starting next week, Cozumel will be on equal time with the ship's time. Cozumel operates on Eastern Time, however, they do not observe daylight savings. So once New Orleans jumps ahead one hour this weekend, they will be equal to Cozumel. But from early November through mid-March, Cozumel is one hour later than New Orleans.

Just off the Dream yesterday. Cozumel was 1 hour ahead of 'ship time'.

We would have missed our private excursion- 'Cooking with Josefina'. We called her quickly once we realized we were late (we docked at 10am last week- 11am Coz time- excursion started at 11) and were hoping we could catch up to the group at the open market while they were picking up the meal ingredients. We were very lucky to find out we were the only participants that day. We had her all to ourselves. Great time, great food.

So verify the local time with the tour operator. Also- Daylight Savings Time may mess things up, too. But, as of last week- Dream stayed on 'ship time' the whole time. (I've been on cruises where we changed our own clocks forward/backward to match port time. Very confusing).

Great advice, and thank you for sharing your experience. Yet another example as to why we should never ASSUME that the tour operator will adjust to our ship's time. Plenty of great tour operators will not, so we should always confirm ahead of time. Not to mention that none of the beach clubs in Cozumel will change their operating hours, or the times of their programs, to match ship's time. Those are always on island time, so we must know the difference ahead of time. Next week, in regards to Cozumel, daylight savings time will fix things for Galveston & New Orleans cruises, but it will mess things up for cruises from Florida.

Edited by k2excursion

Starting next week, Cozumel will be on equal time with the ship's time. Cozumel operates on Eastern Time, however, they do not observe daylight savings. So once New Orleans jumps ahead one hour this weekend, they will be equal to Cozumel. But from early November through mid-March, Cozumel is one hour later than New Orleans.

Thank you! Everytime I read on here about Ship time, I would google time in Cozumel vs New Orleans on the date we were going and it was always the same, hence my confusion about the ship time!

Daylight savings lasts a long time over there! (Perth, Western Australia does not have it at all)

I posted this on someone's Dream review but this would probably be a good place to get the answer....

We are planning a cruise for our HS son's senior year spring break trip in April 2017. I am trying to decide if Dream would be a good fit. Our son has been on one other cruise which was a family Christmas cruise on RCL Oasis December '14. We all had a fantastic time on Oasis and my husband and I have only been on one other cruise which was Carnival for our honeymoon many eons ago so I can't really compare that to what Carnival has to offer now. I am wondering what kind of teen activities are offered on Dream. On the Oasis my son REALLY enjoyed the activities offered including 3v3 basketball tournaments, ping pong tournaments, soccer etc... and met a ton of friends through these activities some of whom he is still in contact with today through social media. Do you know if they offer these activities on Dream?

We are considering Dream but I have also looked into prices on Oasis for the same week and although it is more pricey it is not as much more as I expected given the cost of our Christmas cruise! That one nearly bankrupted us!! haha

We would be able to get better cabins on Dream like the cove balcony which looks awesome but I worry about the crowding on the pool decks as we like to sit around the pool on sea days and we never really felt crowded on Oasis - errant children tend to annoy me too so based on your experience this may be a problem on Dream!

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

I have a friend who left on the Dream last Sunday. The lines to board with the new staggered check were ridiculous. She sent me pics. Can anyone tell me what's going on and why you are no longer boarding the ship via the ramp from the big waiting room? We have faster to the fun but Im thinking this might still be a nightmare.

I have a friend who left on the Dream last Sunday. The lines to board with the new staggered check were ridiculous. She sent me pics. Can anyone tell me what's going on and why you are no longer boarding the ship via the ramp from the big waiting room? We have faster to the fun but Im thinking this might still be a nightmare.

Where are they boarding from if not the ramp? Post the pics you have.

seems to be outside somewhere but the line is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo LONG!!

Were those lines of people who showed up before their check in-time and were not allowed in the terminal yet? Or were they truly lines for people who were waiting to check-in at their appointed time and were waiting to board? I'm thinking it may have been the first.

Edited by Warm Breezes

I am not sure ... I just hope this "new" process doesn't stink. I hope I didn't waste $ on faster to the fun. In the past faster to the fun was amazing. Just hoping we are not getting short changed after purchasing again.

When we sailed on the Dream in early Feb, there were lines of people outside the terminal waiting for their check-in times. Since we had FTTF, we dropped our luggage with the porter, walked in the door, showed our boarding passes and proceeded on through. No hassle. From curbside to Pasta Bella in less than an hour [emoji3]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

Is the Carnival Hub App in place. We are a big group and hope to keep in touch with each other by cellphone but not sure if we should use the Ship Mate App or Carnival Hub App. Website says its coming soon and others say it's already working. Thanks

Is the Carnival Hub App in place. We are a big group and hope to keep in touch with each other by cellphone but not sure if we should use the Ship Mate App or Carnival Hub App. Website says its coming soon and others say it's already working. Thanks

Wasn't in place on our cruise in February. We all purchased the $25 social media package and used FB messenger to keep in touch.

• 2 months later...
I love the ice from the machines, it is the small soft kind. Yes, I drink a lot of water and the tap was fine. Me and my husband ordered a 12 pack plus we got our complimentary waters . After a week's cruise we had waters left over.

I know this post is a few months old but I am on the Dream in June and you have no idea how happy I am to see this about the ice. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to fill a cup with this type of ice and eat/drink on it all day.

Where are these ice machines located?

I know this post is a few months old but I am on the Dream in June and you have no idea how happy I am to see this about the ice. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to fill a cup with this type of ice and eat/drink on it all day.

Where are these ice machines located?

Lido deck buffet area, right next to the dispensers for lemonade, tea, & water. The drink stations are separate from the food. There are 2 close to the aft buffet, and 2 just up from the front buffet. I can't remember if there were any outside.