The All New All Things Dream Thread Got Questions?

mzloolue

I have seen several comments about propulsion issues with the Dream and leaving Cozumel early because of this issue. Has anyone been on the Dream recently and can tell if this has been fixed? My cruise isn't until October and hoping it is fixed before then, but it may be an issue they are waiting to address when Dream goes in to drydock.

Lido deck buffet area, right next to the dispensers for lemonade, tea, & water. The drink stations are separate from the food. There are 2 close to the aft buffet, and 2 just up from the front buffet. I can't remember if there were any outside.

THANK YOU!!

13 more days

I have seen several comments about propulsion issues with the Dream and leaving Cozumel early because of this issue. Has anyone been on the Dream recently and can tell if this has been fixed? My cruise isn't until October and hoping it is fixed before then, but it may be an issue they are waiting to address when Dream goes in to drydock.

We were on the May 15th sailing, and it was not fixed. I enjoyed just about everything about our trip, but my one complaint would be that we were NOT informed ahead of time that the propulsion issues would shorten our port time while in Cozumel. We were there from 9-5 instead of 7-6. We only found out about this at check-in. It seems to me like we should have been informed way ahead of time via email. Also, with the shortened port time, our cruise was no longer a "Cozumel Plus" trip like it was advertised.

How does one figure out the schedule (evening dinner activities). I saw somewhere there is an all white night? Dress up nights? Help!

Never heard of "all white night". That sounds fun...maybe someone else will know about that.

There are 2 "dressy" nights on a 7 day cruise.

But as far as planning...

You will get a schedule delivered to your room everyday with the daily activities and important information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How does one figure out the schedule (evening dinner activities). I saw somewhere there is an all white night? Dress up nights? Help!

I don't remember a white night, but I usually have a few white t-shirts anyway. The only thing you really need to know is that there are 2 elegant nights. It's not super-formal required, but you can do that if you want. Some people will, some will go more the business casual route. It's totally up to you. A polo & khakis are good enough, although I typically will bring the button-up shirt & a tie. No suit jacket for me; the size of that thing would double my luggage size. The other nights in the dining room are more casual, but there is still a dress code that is not hard to follow (and often not enforced anyway).

There have been 2 late night deck parties on my cruises, and each one would supposedly be themed around either the Red Frog bar or the Blue Iguana bar, so you can bring red and/or blue for those if you want. Certainly not required, and plenty of people don't bother. It's mostly just a dance party out on the open deck, which is always fun.

Edited by k2excursion

• 2 months later...
I don't remember seeing a "white night" on Carnival...but they did have one on Norwegian

There's always been a "White Hot Party" on our Carnival cruises. Won't be on the Dream until November but have been on 4-5 others. Google "White Hot Party Carnival" and you'll see photos.

Edited by okeytaco

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm the below, which appears to have been pulled forward from the old thread with the caveat that they weren't sure it was still true...since she hasn't been to dry dock yet, I would assume this would still be true, but just checking...

• Our Dream cabin door was metal and a magnetic message board stuck to it just fine. On the Fascination, I don't know about the doors but we used a small amount of colored duct tape to decorate our door and it came off fine with no residue or paint removal.

We will be on the Dream in a cove balcony. Will the room have a fridge that is stocked as a mini bar or will it be empty?

Just off the Dream last week. Cove balcony has a mini fridge. Carnival stopped stocking them earlier this year, so they are empty for your use. Not sure if they will stock it at your request, as we didn't want / need that.

Just off the Dream last week. Cove balcony has a mini fridge. Carnival stopped stocking them earlier this year, so they are empty for your use. Not sure if they will stock it at your request, as we didn't want / need that.

Great! We were hoping they would be empty so we can put our own cans inside.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any information about the thalasso pool on Dream would be appreciated.

Was it crowded?

What were the hours?

Basically anything you found interesting :)

I used the T pool December 2015 as I had a spa room and we never found more than 2 other people using it at the same time. I will be using it again in April as we sail again on the dream April 9th! I also loved the thermal suites, hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
I used the T pool December 2015 as I had a spa room and we never found more than 2 other people using it at the same time. I will be using it again in April as we sail again on the dream April 9th! I also loved the thermal suites' date=' hope this helps![/quote']

Thanks.

I am looking forward to hearing your impressions of the t pool and thermal suites.