The All New All Things Dream Thread Got Questions?

mzloolue

Sorry, my friend! I was expecting hamburgers as well, but there were none to be seen. They offered BBQ pork sliders that had slaw on them, but no burgers. Maybe they were out of burgers on our cruise?

Well, pork sliders could be considered burgers :-)

My husband and I are coffee drinkers and are always concerned about the morning coffee we drink. Most of the time, it is very different to which we are used to; but to help us out in this manner, we bring along some of those flavored dairy creamers. They are the ones that do not require refrigeration and are little cups. They come in a variety of flavors sold at stores such as Walmart. If the coffee is kinda nasty, these little beauties will make all the difference in the world. We gotta have our caffeine and this is what we do

Carol, that's exactly what I do as well. I also carry those little individual Folger's instant coffee that you add to hot water, just in case. I have a question about hot chocolate though. My husband was severly handicapped and once I put him in bed and made sure he was asleep, I would go up to the Lido deck for my nightly cup of hot chocolate just to relax. Do you know (or do you remember) if the Dream has hot chocolate available like the other Carnival ships that I've sailed on? I know this sounds trivial, but I was just curious, as it's a custom that I would love to continue even though he's now gone.

Any good/bad experience with YTD on the Dream? We're confirmed for YTD but everyone is bummed we won't have the same waiters and may miss the singing/dancing.

Been on the Dream twice and plan on sailing again next summer. LOVE the Dream! We did not love YTD, however. Not only did we never have the same wait staff, but they were always swamped. Dinner took about twice as long as it should have, and the poor waiters never had a chance to slow down and get to know us. I won't ever do YTD again, if at all possible. We did see them sing and dance, but they never invited the kids to join them, which every other cruise I've been on, the waiters have asked the kids to dance.

Will be on the Dream for the first time 3/27/2016, looking forward to everyone's comments.

Will be our 1st time 3/27 too

Never cruised before

Reading all this almost scares me hav 3 teenage daughters

I know it's spring break

We'd hope to take one in January but with kids getting older we don't want to pull them from school

Carol, that's exactly what I do as well. I also carry those little individual Folger's instant coffee that you add to hot water, just in case. I have a question about hot chocolate though. My husband was severly handicapped and once I put him in bed and made sure he was asleep, I would go up to the Lido deck for my nightly cup of hot chocolate just to relax. Do you know (or do you remember) if the Dream has hot chocolate available like the other Carnival ships that I've sailed on? I know this sounds trivial, but I was just curious, as it's a custom that I would love to continue even though he's now gone.

Yes, they have the hot chocolate on lido! LOVE it too!

Sorry No burgers on the Deck 5 BBQ at Sea

But there are lots of burgers flipping on the grill on the Lido Deck.

No need to be confused!! Go both places!

I was never under the impression that the BBQ at sea on the dream had burgers. Doesn't make sense to!

Was advised by carnival sales rep that although we were too late to book connecting rooms, by booking 2 balconies (11267 and 11271) we could navigate to each room via the balcony. Can anyone confirm this? Any reviews of theses cabins?

Thank you!

Was advised by carnival sales rep that although we were too late to book connecting rooms, by booking 2 balconies (11267 and 11271) we could navigate to each room via the balcony. Can anyone confirm this? Any reviews of theses cabins?

Thank you!

Oh!! I have these 2 cabins booked as well (along with 11265, making it 3 in a row) for the 12/6/2015 sailing. Hoping that someone who knows is able to help us out. When are you sailing sfagtbill?

I guess that the balcony dividers would have to be opened to allow this, but I thought I had read somewhere that ours couldn't, or that they wouldn't

?? Hope I'm wrong!!

Edited by ULCajunCruiser
spelling

Thank you!

Correct! It does look like the balconies connect between 11267 and 11271 which would allow to have the partition opened between the 2. Here is a link to the room descriptions on the ship that verify which rooms connect.https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/dream/left.htm

can anyone tell me what time disembarking might be? We can do our own luggage and we are Platinum. We are staying downtown at the Renaissance.

We want to do a swamp tour and the times are pick up at 10:30am-11am Do you think it is doable?????? I tried to search the thread but my research skills are sadly lacking.

Correct! It does look like the balconies connect between 11267 and 11271 which would allow to have the partition opened between the 2. Here is a link to the room descriptions on the ship that verify which rooms connect.https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/dream/left.htm

Thank you!!!!!!

Oh!! I have these 2 cabins booked as well (along with 11265, making it 3 in a row) for the 12/6/2015 sailing. Hoping that someone who knows is able to help us out. When are you sailing sfagtbill?

I guess that the balcony dividers would have to be opened to allow this, but I thought I had read somewhere that ours couldn't, or that they wouldn't

?? Hope I'm wrong!!

12/20/15…. Hope it works out well! Maybe 2 of 3 can connect….I have been on other cruise lines and they were able to be opened with a little effort. Makes for fun with family. They must open as how do they clean the balconies if not…. have a great trip!

• 2 months later...
Which cove balcony rooms would you recommend and which are not so quiet?

Thanks in advance!

I would recommend any that are forward of the midship elevators. From the midship elevators on back, all the coves are below the galley/kitchen. Some spots below the galley are noisy, so it's a gamble. Just forward of the midship elevators, you would be below the dining room, which is the most perfect spot to have on the ship. It's totally empty all night long. Even when it's being used, you won't hear much, if anything, because the dining room is carpeted & people aren't stomping around. Some people like being below guest services or the shore excursion desk, since those are quiet or closed during the overnight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Tap Water and coffee

We drank the tap water on the Grand Princess and filled up our water bottles all the time (like from the buffet area dispensers). Anyone that has had both Princess water and Carnival (Dream) water can you chime in. If the water drinkable? I'm not much of a soda drinker and really don't want to pay for water.

How about coffee? Is it ok? I'm not a coffee drinker myself, but my husband is. For the most part he is not a picky coffee drinker, but on Princess, the coffee if awful. It is not drip, it is ??? and really bad, but luckily Princess has the coffee card for $25. Chime in on coffee please, especially on the Dream. Is the free coffee good for your average drinker?

You can buy a 12 pack of water for $2.99. :)