The All New All Things Dream Thread Got Questions?

mzloolue

We will too!

And it will be our first cruise on Dream also.

So far most of what I have learned about Dream has been sort of disappointing.

I am hoping it will not be as I fear.

No live band karaoke.(like on Elation)

No deck with deck chairs in the shade (like on Triumph, Glory and Conquest)

On the positive side, there is an Indian food kiosk.

I am looking forward to Triumph coming back to New Orleans...

I am hoping we enjoy the Dream. I have heard some rave reviews from some of our friends that have sailed on her a few times. If the Pasta Bella is as good as the Cucina del capitano for lunch I will be one happy girl!!

Thanks for all the info!

Just curious, did more people dress up for dinner in the dining room going out of New Orleans compared to other ports? We are staying a few days in NO and noticed that some of the nicer restaurants have dress codes. Wondering if the local passengers/other passengers tend to dress up more since they're used to dressing up in the city.

We usually now bring the bare minimum for Carnival elegant nights since many times in the past we felt very overdressed.

We will just skip the fancy restaurants in NO if jackets/dresses aren't seen much in the dining room on the ship and save on the luggage weight.

Thanks!

We have sailed on the Dream twice and I haven't notice any difference in attire compared to other ships.

Edited by Kcarp

I read the secret doors are on deck 9 - forward through the double doors. Sail in 9 days !

We were in cabin 10234 in May and the door was a few feet away. It was nice and peaceful out there.

We will too!

And it will be our first cruise on Dream also.

So far most of what I have learned about Dream has been sort of disappointing.

I am hoping it will not be as I fear.

No live band karaoke.(like on Elation)

No deck with deck chairs in the shade (like on Triumph, Glory and Conquest)

On the positive side, there is an Indian food kiosk.

I am looking forward to Triumph coming back to New Orleans...

There are tons of deck chairs in the shade on deck 11...they just aren't right next to the pool.

Tap Water and coffee

We drank the tap water on the Grand Princess and filled up our water bottles all the time (like from the buffet area dispensers). Anyone that has had both Princess water and Carnival (Dream) water can you chime in. If the water drinkable? I'm not much of a soda drinker and really don't want to pay for water.

How about coffee? Is it ok? I'm not a coffee drinker myself, but my husband is. For the most part he is not a picky coffee drinker, but on Princess, the coffee if awful. It is not drip, it is ??? and really bad, but luckily Princess has the coffee card for $25. Chime in on coffee please, especially on the Dream. Is the free coffee good for your average drinker?

My husband is the coffee drinker and not really picky. He says the coffee on the Lido is awful...but he thinks the coffee in the MDR is great.

What night is this on for the "Chef Table"?

not exactly sure what your asking, kind of weird phrasing. The chef's table is not done on any specific night. I believe it based on bookings. We made a reservation for Jan.5, and received confirmation for our request.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry the deck chairs were not what you expected! When you said deck chairs I was thinking of the sun loungers. They do have some brown deck chairs on the serenity deck which is located behind the waterslides. Those are brown and comfy with a great view! They can get crowded but we didn't have too much of a problem.

I think maybe the crew was overworked this trip as there were many many big groups and kids cruising. Our crew was delightful but it just wasn't the same as when we sailed on the Magic in the Mediterranean.

We did try the Indian Grill for lunch one night and it was very delicious. It said garlic naan but it seemed to be just regula naan. Probably just a mislabel but it was delicious.

We did not try the Mongolian Wok because the lines were super long. I think better planning would have helped in that situation, like going at a later time.

Oh! Please do the afternoon tea! It's in the Crimson dining room (lower) between 3pm and 4pm. They serve tea, delightful desserts (some better than MDR), lox on toast, and cucumber sandwiches. I believe it's only on sea days. I went with my cousins and we made sure to go each of our 3 sea days! If you do go, definitely try the scones (to die for) and the strawberries with whip cream.

Is afternoon tea a dress up affair?

So I went through the old thread(all 63 pages) and found that there were no new post and updated information. I have tried to remove information that I found incorrect. I have not been on this ship YET.. HERE it is maybe you guys can help me remove incorrect information.

FOOD:

• Lanai BBQ is on sea days on this deck and the sushi bar has awesome turkey wraps and a salad bar at lunch on sea days also.

• Try the Carnival Dog at the BBQ cookout on the Lanai. Yummy.

• The deli is open from 11 am until 11pm

• There is also 24 hour ice cream and frozen yoghurt.

• You can order room service from your TV. If you try to order a lunch item by phone and are denied because "it's breakfast hours only," order through the TV and you'll get anything on the menu. (I suspect you might get it faster than a phone order, too, since they can't "warn" you that it will take 45-60 minutes.)

• See if Crimson or Scarlett Dining room is open for lunch on boarding day. (It was on our sailing but was not noted on the Fun Times.)

Even the first lunch after boarding was extraordinary. We skipped the buffet and went to the Scarlet Dining Room. I had salmon that was excellent.

• Eat at the pasta bar or Lanai BBQThe pasta bar is upstairs from the buffet - aft. You go up a set of stairs and get a number and a sheet. You then check off your ingredients and hand your sheet to the cook. You wait upstairs at a table with a number and they bring you your food when it is done. You can then take it anywhere.

• *Pasta Bar... The meat lasagna is amazing.

• The chocolate extravaganza was yummy - last day at either 12:15-2 pm ____ Doubt they have this anymore…

• At 5 pm on the last day, there is a Fun Farewell Party in the Burgandy Lounge. It is not advertised at all - just mentioned in the schedule. There are free drinks served during this time for about 1 hour (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). ____ Doubt they have this anymore…

• Elegant nights are the second and sixth night.

• Tandoor - This was the best food of the entire trip. I think I ate lunch there every day.

• The pizza place will make homemade Stromboli for you if you ask and it's great.

• We did the taste bar - We would slip by at 5:30, grab a sample and then mosey down for early seating.

• Brunch in the Punchliner -

• Sushi (two varieties) are put out on the Lido buffet area at about 6pm so depending on when you are doing dinner, you may or may not get it.

• The Dream still has sushi. I believe it is in the lido area (from what I've read) and the comedy club brunch.

SHIP:

• "Secret door" is on deck nine. Go all the way forward and through the double doors and you will be on the forward facing deck over the bridge.

• There are 2 hot tubs on deck 11 that are rarely used.

• On our sailing, Aft pools were open until midnight.

• Dancing in the streets show was excellent.

• If you need aspirin, seasick pills, or a variety of general medications, check the "0" deck where the waiting room is for the doctor. There were free samples for the taking in individual packets... also a weigh scale in case you need to weigh a suitcase (or yourself!).

• All cabins on board the Dream have a mini bar fridge. The fridges aren't entirely cold enough to keep dairy products & such safe from spoiling.

• The hidden coin is on the wall at the start of the steps for the waterslide.

• Cooking demo in the steakhouse that is on the first sea day- show up about 15 - 20 minutes early and you should be fine. I love doing this. We get great recipes and get to sample lots of great items. – FREE

• Current FunTimes -

• One lap on the track is 738 feet (225 meters). Seven laps is approximately one mile. No jogging on deck 5 I would think as there are chairs, the lanai, etc.

• On Deck 11 you can walk all the forward thru the rooms (either side) and make a left where the corridor ends. Go thru a door and turn left, if the double doors are shut open them and go around the stairs. You will come to an elevator that takes you to the 15 floor which is the top of the serenity area.

• Our Dream cabin door was metal and a magnetic message board stuck to it just fine. On the Fascination, I don't know about the doors but we used a small amount of colored duct tape to decorate our door and it came off fine with no residue or paint removal.

PORTS:

• In Roatan, get your passport stamped for a small donation (collection to put public bathrooms in the country's schools)

>>> as part of the new Thread

Oh! Please do the afternoon tea! It's in the Crimson dining room (lower) between 3pm and 4pm. They serve tea, delightful desserts (some better than MDR), lox on toast, and cucumber sandwiches. I believe it's only on sea days. I went with my cousins and we made sure to go each of our 3 sea days! If you do go, definitely try the scones (to die for) and the strawberries with whip cream.

The ship is on Central time for the entire cruise.

The formal nights were the first sea day (Monday) and Friday.