Alaska, August 2005 - What ship was I on??

escapefromny

This is a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out which ship I would've been on when I took my first =X= cruise. It was late August 2005, and the itinerary began in Seattle, WA and from there went up to Alaska.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of the ship! And I'm curious, because I'm wondering if it's the same class (M), or even the same ship, that I'll be on later this year when I finally set sail with Celebrity again. Any ideas???

So it does! Thanks, snowmaiden! That's great, so this means the Summit will be a new class of ship for me. I remember loving the look of the Mercury, very elegant. I'm sure I'll enjoy the Summit just as much, if not more.

Mercury

Source: http://www.cruising.org/vacation/news/press_releases/2005/02/alaskas-awesome-scenery-and-wildlife-are-best-showcased-ship-2005

CELEBRITY CRUISES The line’s Infinity will sail roundtrip from San Francisco on 10- and 12-night “Ultimate Alaska” itineraries and seven-night Inside Passage cruises roundtrip from Vancouver. Mercury will sail on seven-night Inside Passage itineraries roundtrip from Seattle. Summit will offer seven-night voyages between Vancouver and Seward and seven-night itineraries roundtrip from Vancouver. A two-week cruise from Vancouver to Los Angeles will include the Inside Passage, Ketchikan, Skagway, Hubbard Glacier, Juneau, Sitka, Victoria, Seattle, San Francisco and Catalina Island.

Haha, I see guesses are all over the map so far! I don't remember the entire itinerary (I think) but I do recall that the ship stopped in Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan, if that helps narrow it down a bit.

We did Alaska, on the Mercury in 2004 and 2006 and these were the ports we stopped at. I don't know what the itinerary of the other ships mentioned were.

Ahhh -- the Mercury. We only did three cruises on the Mercury, but it still was my favorite Celebrity ship. I still miss her.

Me too....I loved that ship.