New to Cruise Critic, not new to Carnival

blpilot43

Hello everyone... this is Bobby and Dawn from Las Vegas. We have been loyal Carnival cruisers for 8 years, and have taken 11 cruises on Carnival. We have had a blast on every cruise, and have made a lot of great friends... including 2 ships captains.

We are taking our 12th, and sadly, our last Carnival cruise in January 2016 back to Hawaii. Dawn drinks a sparkling water called Sparkling ICE, but unfortunately it only comes in 17oz plastic bottles... so, we will be saying goodbye to Carnival and going to Princess where she will be allowed to have her ICE.

But before we go, we still have one last Carnival cruise to Hawaii, and for all of you out there who haven't taken this cruise, put it on your bucket list. It's a wonderful 15 nights, and the crews on board have always been top notch.

Dawn and I are looking forward to this last cruise on Carnival, and hope to meet some of you on board.

Bobby

Hello everyone... this is Bobby and Dawn from Las Vegas. We have been loyal Carnival cruisers for 8 years, and have taken 11 cruises on Carnival. We have had a blast on every cruise, and have made a lot of great friends... including 2 ships captains.

We are taking our 12th, and sadly, our last Carnival cruise in January 2016 back to Hawaii. Dawn drinks a sparkling water called Sparkling ICE, but unfortunately it only comes in 17oz plastic bottles... so, we will be saying goodbye to Carnival and going to Princess where she will be allowed to have her ICE.

But before we go, we still have one last Carnival cruise to Hawaii, and for all of you out there who haven't taken this cruise, put it on your bucket list. It's a wonderful 15 nights, and the crews on board have always been top notch.

Dawn and I are looking forward to this last cruise on Carnival, and hope to meet some of you on board.

Bobby

I don't understand. If you enjoy Carnival and have had a blast on each of your 11 cruises, why would you give up a cruise line for flavored water? You can't go a week without it?

I love Princess and it's great you want to experience a different line but it seems like you are only doing it because you can no longer take the ICE drinks.

To each his own but seems silly to me.

Yes, in a way it does seem quick to pull the trigger over a new policy, but it's what Dawn likes and enjoys, and if you're spending $6k to $9k per cruise, you would at least want to be able to enjoy what you like to drink without breaking the rules, right?

As a side note... We have a blast with everything we do, and cruising is just a part of it. We've really enjoyed Carnival, and we'll also have a blast on Princess. I guess it all equals out. :)

Was curious about the water (I'm looking for something new to drink) and on the website, some of the flavors come in 8 oz cans. Not sure if available in your area. I prefer bottles but for 7-10 days could be a solution.

It's good to try different cruise lines. They are all similar, yet just a little different.

Was curious about the water (I'm looking for something new to drink) and on the website, some of the flavors come in 8 oz cans. Not sure if available in your area. I prefer bottles but for 7-10 days could be a solution.

It's good to try different cruise lines. They are all similar, yet just a little different.

Link to the news release about slim cans

http://www.beverageworld.com/articles/full/17268/sparkling-ice-introduces-slim-cans

Yes, in a way it does seem quick to pull the trigger over a new policy, but it's what Dawn likes and enjoys, and if you're spending $6k to $9k per cruise, you would at least want to be able to enjoy what you like to drink without breaking the rules, right?

As a side note... We have a blast with everything we do, and cruising is just a part of it. We've really enjoyed Carnival, and we'll also have a blast on Princess. I guess it all equals out. :)

I agree, you'll be happier with Princess until they pull the same sham. I cruise both, I don't bring foo-foo drinks. But it's what you like that matters.

Well... Talking Rain (the company who makes Sparkling ICE) has changed it's mind on cans since I first contacted them back in June when CCL came up with the new policy.

This is a game changer, for sure. Thank you VERY MUCH for posting the link. Dawn hasn't seen this yet, but I know she'll be elated to see it.

If this holds up, we will definitely change our stance on Carnival, but we're still going to give Princess a shot in October.

Bobby

Well... Talking Rain (the company who makes Sparkling ICE) has changed it's mind on cans since I first contacted them back in June when CCL came up with the new policy.

The press release on the cans came out in April.

This thread has to be a joke, right? I just can't believe that someone would base their cruise decisions on having a certain brand of flavored seltzer water.

Although it may seem petty to some, I can understand. Everybody has their "addictions" and "must haves". IMHO, people saying that they won't cruise Carnival because they are not allowed to bring their drink of choice anymore is not any more of a joke than people saying that they won't cruise Carnival because they can't smoke their cigarette of choice in their balconies.

Although it may seem petty to some, I can understand. Everybody has their "addictions" and "must haves". IMHO, people saying that they won't cruise Carnival because they are not allowed to bring their drink of choice anymore is not any more of a joke than people saying that they won't cruise Carnival because they can't smoke their cigarette of choice in their balconies.

I agree, everyone has their "addictions". If they did not have Diet Coke or you could not bring it on, my wife would not cruise Carnival. And she would get real mad if I went without her so i guess i would not cruise Carnival either.

Those Sparkling Ice cans are available in my local grocery shop. I've never given them much thought.

I have a lot of beverages I like, in fact at work I drink a 16 ounce amp energy half way though my 12 hour shift. It's kind of become an addiction and I don't think I will be able to get them on the ship because they're larger than the 12 ounce limit. But I love cruising and I love Carnival, so I can live without for the week.

I do hope you enjoy your Princess cruise, we cruised with them and had a wonderful time. It does have more in common with Carnival than you would think, it's just fancier.

Excellent point. For me, my choice is Diet Mountain Dew and with only being able to bring 12 pack at embarkation, my 13 day Sunshine cruise will be longer than my supply of Dew. But I will survive ;) .

Regarding Princess, we cruise both Carnival & Princess and are happy with each cruise line.

Hi Welcome to cruise critic. Whatever cruises you take make sure you sign up for the cruise's roll call,on cruise critic. You will be able to meet via the roll call some of the people that will be on your cruise. Also sometimes there is a meet and greet where you get to meet some of these people. Sometimes there is a cabin crawl,slot pull,etc. too.

Hi Kreader... thank you for the heads-up and info. We have established some really good friendships sailing on Carnival, and checking out the roll call is definitely something we will look into now that we are staying on board with Carnival.

Thank you for the welcome... I was beginning to think we signed up on the wrong cruise site. :)

Bobby

Edited by blpilot43

Hi Kreader... thank you for the heads-up and info. We have established some really good friendships sailing on Carnival, and checking out the roll call is definitely something we will look into now that we are staying on board with Carnival.

Thank you for the welcome... I was beginning to think we signed up on the wrong cruise site. :)

Bobby

No, you didn't sign up on the wrong cruise site. This is mild compared to other topics. Many threads get deleted because people can't control themselves and one insult leads to another. You almost have to grow a pair. When hot topics like smoking, and perks that are taken away, people really get their panties in a wad and all you know what breaks loose. Stick around, you can learn a lot from this site.

Bobby

Thanks Steve and Tammy75.