Just Booked Radiance Hump

JRudy33

I was so excited that I just booked Cabin 9584 on the Radiance. It is right in the middle of the hump. I just did a search on the internet for that cabin and some people say that it can be windy on the hump. Is that true? And some say that it is better to be a little on the side of the hump. Did I make a bad choice? Is the balcony any bigger? I know I will enjoy the cruise no matter where we are, I just wanted to make a good choice.

Rudy;

We always book the Hump to have the larger balconies, but those cabins are on the Port side. If you can get 9078 or 9092 (look on the deck plans to see how much bigger the balconies are), those are the Hump-Cabins everyone always craves. ;)

On other decks / other catagories - Rooms 8088, 8102, 1060, etc. (don't go to the seventh deck though.

Our balcony in 9078 (also have same cabin booked again on the Radiance) was large enough for 2 regular chairs, a lounge chair and a table, and still room to walk around. We never have had trouble with the winds, unless of course when we were going through squalls. Even then, it was a fun experience.:cool:

No matter what room (and the Starboard side Humps are a little larger too), you will LOVE the Radiance and RCI cruising!! :D

Hope This Helps!

We had cabin 9580 on the Radiance last January and loved it so much we rebooked the same cabin for this year on the last cruise.It had a great view both forward and aft and so convenient to everything.Ours was a very small amount larger but not as big as 9578.It didn't seem any windier than a regular balcony.I think you made a great choice.We had the best cabin stewards we ever had.They anticipated everything before we even asked.The first night she saw I only drank the sprite and asked if we were going to drink the others.I said no and the next morning it was stocked with sprite and the others removed.She always asked what shore excursions we were taking and if it involved water left extra pool towels for that day.She brought us diningroom menus every day after we asked for one the second day.Even when she looked exhausted there was always a smile.I hope she's still there.

Hello...We also have cabin 9078 booked on the Radiance for December 11th and cannot wait. The balcony is so big and bigger than any other category D-1 cabin. The view is out of this world and you more privacy than other cabins because there isn't another cabin on either side of your cabin...only on one side. You are very close to the elevators and contrary to what some might say, it is not in a noisy area.

The reason why the 7th deck is not preferred by some is because many of the D-1 rooms and hump cabins cannot see down below because the coverings to the life boats are right below. Not with all cabins, but with many.

Hope this helps, but at least in our opinion and the opinon of so many others that have stayed in several different hump cabins, 9078 and 9092 rate at the top.

Regards,

Dave

We have hump cabin 9584 booked for the Northern sailing of the Radiance in Alaska for June 2006. DH wanted the view to be on the coastline rather than the ocean. With this cabin we are hoping to see fore and aft without obstruction.

This past May we had hump cabin 8590 on the sister ship the Serenade and loved it. This was a Vancouver round trip sailing so either side would be the same. This cabin is an E category and not a D category so the balcony was not as large. It was our 1st balcony cabin and we will probaby never go back. There were no disturbing noises from the Centrum and being close to the elevators was a bonus. We booked this cruise only a few weeks out and consider ourselves very fortunate. Someone must have cancelled at the last minute for us to get such a nice cabin location.

Basilh, have a great cruise and I can't wait to hear all about it. Dhaden, I see what you mean about the larger balcony on the port side. I hate to change cabin locations now because I was such a pest with my travel agent to get 9584. She will think I'm nuts. Plus we need a cabin for 3. We have friends that are also going but want a less expensive balcony cabin. They were looking at hump cabins on deck 7. Should I steer them away from there?

Yeah, I had one of those crappy cabins on Deck 7 on Brilliance a few years ago. You could look out at the horizon, but not down at the water.

For our PC cruise on Brilliance for next April, we booked a hump cabin (7604) on the right side of the ship. I am keeping my fingers crossed that being on the hump, I will be able to see down to the water. I have heard that the hump cabins don't have the lifeboats underneath them. I hope this is true!!!!!!!!

Here is the view down the side of the ship looking at deck 7 from 8088 on the Radiance.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/130465552/130465552OVgUVD

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thanks for the very helpful pics Dawn. I wish more people would take pictures of the sides of ships. It would help greatly in the selection of cabins.

Judging by the pictures, I would stay away from any deck 7 or 8 cabins that are in that narrow central "spine" of the ship. The water view from the "narrow" 8 cabins looks almost as obstructed as "narrow" 7 cabins. 9 and 10 look fine in that area. On 7, I would only choose 7602 or 7600 on the hump.

All the forward E1 cabins on 7,8,9,10 look great as far as view....being that they are all at the very edge of the hull and thus have great straight down views of the water. Deck 7 E1 cabins also appear to have larger balconies than other forward cabins, but i have yet to see concrete evidence that they are as they appear on deck plans.

Personally, for Alaska next year, I am hoping for E3 7600 or 7602....E2 8594 or 8596. Then, if not those...foward E1 on deck 7.

Any links to side views ...particularly the forward sections would be greatly appreciated.

After a lot of thinking, I have decided to keep my 9584 cabin with the smaller balcony and the great view, especially since we need a cabin for three. Thanks a lot Dawna for those great pictures, that really helped me make up my mind. I will be happy no matter where I am.

Woo Hoo! Thanks for all the great info on the "hump" situation! Planning a "girls" cruise for next year with a bunch from work, most have never cruised before. I was able to snag both cabins 9078 and 9092 on the Radiance and thanks to this thread and the great picture, the gang is now soooo excited!

Blizzard54, I hope you post about your cruise when you come back. I would like to hear all about it and your cabin. Have a great cruise!

I will post about it when I get back. I am not sure where. I will try to remember to post it on this thread. The memory does not always work anymore.

too late to worry but had plenty of choices when I booked the

Brilliance a year ago and I booked (egads) an e1 at the beginning of the hump on (egads again!) on deck 7-anyone ever been in 7592-was hoping for a larger balcony AND good view but looking down is not as important as roomy balcony-rather confusing....anyone know for sure?THANKS!(FEEL LUCKY TO BE GOING AND LUCKY THAT WE BOOKED LAST YEAR WHEN BALCONYS WERE HALF AS MUCH as now(O:)

too late to worry but had plenty of choices when I booked the

Brilliance a year ago and I booked (egads) an e1 at the beginning of the hump on (egads again!) on deck 7-anyone ever been in 7592-was hoping for a larger balcony AND good view but looking down is not as important as roomy balcony-rather confusing....anyone know for sure?THANKS!(FEEL LUCKY TO BE GOING AND LUCKY THAT WE BOOKED LAST YEAR WHEN BALCONYS WERE HALF AS MUCH as now(O:)

7592 has a larger than normal balcony and you should be able to see down at least at an angle. The view will be good looking forward but you will not be able to see aft. I am also amazed at how much balconies have gone up in price. Even looking out a year from now they are a lot more than what prices were last year for cruises this year.

just back on site-cabin sounds fine-don't know why we chose deck 7 when we had so many choices but your info helped...just looking forward to gettiin away and enjoying 12 days no matter what! another example of "shoulda used cruise critic(O:"JUST BOOKED THE OTHER MED. SIDE WITH CELEBRITY NEXT FALL...WILL BE USING MORE INFO...

Archived