Phone message Majesty sail Tomorrow

...and now, before they can even catch their breath, there is a line of people standing outside the wind jammer before it is even open? It just seems rude to me.

Wow, it's almost as though you are blaming me (and everyone else) who was allowed to board the ship when boarding opened! We've been arriving at embarkation ports around 10:30 or so for well over 20 years. If they say I can go ahead and board, I am going to do so. On the cruise I mentioned, WJ opened at 11:30 am. We were onboard, I'd guess, around 11:15 which is certainly not unheard of. And I don't RUN to the Windjammer and I don't gorge myself, thank you. :)

I wont go that early because I dont feel it the proper thing to do.. Just as I wont wear shorts or flip flops to formal night in the MDR because I dont think it's the proper thing to do... but certainly there are those with the "its our vacation, we can do what we want " and thats fine... overall I have to deal with these people for one cruise, and they have to deal with themselves for the rest of their life " Peace....

OK fine. But, just know that this notification of the suggested arrival times to the port is relatively new, I'd say within the last year or two. It is not printed in the cruise documents or anywhere online, unlike the dress code to which you referred is. It's apples and oranges.

And we can disagree, that's not a problem. :)

Wow, it's almost as though you are blaming me (and everyone else) who was allowed to board the ship when boarding opened! We've been arriving at embarkation ports around 10:30 or so for well over 20 years. If they say I can go ahead and board, I am going to do so. On the cruise I mentioned, WJ opened at 11:30 am. We were onboard, I'd guess, around 11:15 which is certainly not unheard of. And I don't RUN to the Windjammer and I don't gorge myself, thank you. :)

OK fine. But, just know that this notification of the suggested arrival times to the port is relatively new, I'd say within the last year or two. It is not printed in the cruise documents or anywhere online, unlike the dress code to which you referred is. It's apples and oranges.

And we can disagree, that's not a problem. :)

Hi Karen,

Not blaming anyone.. and as I said "it's how I feel" and I have explained in detail the reasons why I go about things the way I do.

but.... I do take issue with people who tell people "it's your vacation you paid for it, go ahead and show up at 9am" I just think it's irresponsible.

I know you did not say that....

as for the boarding time. I do believe there is a published boarding time in your cruise documents. I am pretty sure it does not say 10:30 but on this note ( I am only pretty sure so If I am mistaken for that I apologize) or at least a not to arrive at the pier before.... and I know there are always exceptions for some suites and pinacle

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

On the 3-night Majesty that the OP is cruising on, three hours is a higher percentage of actual daytime hours spent on the ship than on a 7-night.

Sure, my bad. However, those 3 hours early on first day are really not quality time. Not much going on, not much open, schlepping luggage, etc..

Edited by John&LaLa

Showing up whenever one wishes to board is not even remotely in the category of "it's my vacation and I'll do what I want." This is not breaking a "rule." It is a completely invalid attempt at staggering boarding times for the convenience of the cruise line, not for the benefit of passengers.

- Ships start boarding when they are ready to take on passengers. Having people already waiting does not change that one bit.

- The cruise industry seemed to do fine before arrival time notices were generated.

- If people choose to arrive early and wait, it is their choice, it hurts no one else.

- Some people cannot control arrival time at the port. They should not be asked to wait for an artificially created embarkation time.

- Early arrivals have NOTHING to do with the lines in Windjammer for embarkation lunch. It is crowded because it is the primary place that is available. Other cruise lines have the dining room available for embarkation lunch to spread the crowds.

- I have been on more that one RCCL cruise where the Windjammer started shutting down at 2:45. Is that right when they are telling people to arrive at 2:00? Where were the 2:00 arrivals to go for lunch then?

- So you got to eat a meal before boarding and didn't need to go to the crowded Windjammer. Goodie. Not everyone has that opportunity. And they did pay for that lunch.

- Stating that there is the Catch 22 of experiencing lines for boarding by arriving early and then writing a scathing review complaining about it is a bogus generality. Lines can occur at any time, not just early. People who arrive early are usually well aware of the wait.

- Sometimes I arrive early; sometimes I don't. Arrive when you want, what works for you. It worked for years and still does.