Thanks Celebrity for excellent response in solving an issue

Safety Squirrel

All too often on these boards, we see people complaining about Celebrity and staff.

This is the opposite - to thank Celebrity for solving an issue.

Background: I had booked two cruises and two future cruise credits with my TA who I had for many years. She retired and they were then transferred within the agency to another TA.

I used the new TA on recent cruise to Hawaii and was not happy for several reasons, which I will not go into.

I was talking to an acquaintance who suggested another TA at a different agency. New TA phoned Celebrity and asked what could be done. We then sent an e-mail to Celebrity and a representative telephoned me and once again, I explained the circumstances.

Within three days and four follow-up telephone calls from Celebrity and sending e-mails & faxes from the new and previous TA - all has been solved.

Thank you Celebrity staff member Ida for all you did to solve my dilemma. THANK YOU.

Very happy with how this was handled:D

I must say, that I too, Am very happy with X staff and service before my sailing. Even though I booked through a TA.

They have been good about follow up on many of the emails sent. Some responses were six (6) weeks out, but guess what my cruise is eight (8) months out so an immediate response was not needed.

Thank you X customer service reps who followed up, even though the answers I wanted in one instance was not happening, which is fine.

Net-Net, I Am happy they were able to assist and solve your issue to your satisfaction.

bo1953

All too often on these boards, we see people complaining about Celebrity and staff.

This is the opposite - to thank Celebrity for solving an issue.

Background: I had booked two cruises and two future cruise credits with my TA who I had for many years. She retired and they were then transferred within the agency to another TA.

I used the new TA on recent cruise to Hawaii and was not happy for several reasons, which I will not go into.

I was talking to an acquaintance who suggested another TA at a different agency. New TA phoned Celebrity and asked what could be done. We then sent an e-mail to Celebrity and a representative telephoned me and once again, I explained the circumstances.

Within three days and four follow-up telephone calls from Celebrity and sending e-mails & faxes from the new and previous TA - all has been solved.

Thank you Celebrity staff member Ida for all you did to solve my dilemma. THANK YOU.

Very happy with how this was handled:D

Quite refreshing to read something positive. IMO these boards have gotten very negative.

I was going to start a similar thread, due to a recent experience, but will tack it on here.

I called Celeb a few days ago to modify a reservation (finally did the math on the Big, Better, Best deal - I had chosen Best and later realized it wasn't a deal in my case so asked to change to Big) and Deb quickly fixed everything and was very friendly.

She then asked if I needed anything else. I asked if she knew what number I should call to get an accounting issue fixed, explaining that I had canceled a cruise 2 months ago and hadn't received a complete refund (I had called one number previously and was on hold forever and gave up). At first she said "I can give you the number" and then said "Actually, why don't I try to fix it." She asked for the reservation number, which I didn't have right in front of me, so she went into my account and went through several reservations/modifications until she found it. She found the problem, talked to someone else and came back on and said it was all set. It was deducted from my credit card within 2 days.

It is one thing to do your job, but another to go the extra mile to fix something not necessarily in your job description. Kudos to Deb from Celeb!

We also have had great response from Celebrity personnel. We use Celebrity for our land excursions. On our last cruise, we had two tours that had problems. I went to the excursion desk to let them know the problems that we had. I felt that they needed to know that the companies they were using were not doing a good job. They asked if we were looking for a refund or credit and I told her no, I just wanted to report the problems, so they could look into it. The next day we had a credit on our account for both excursions. We did not ask for it, but they gave it to us. I thought it was very generous of them. We are leaving for our next cruise in 60 days and again I have booked the land excursions with Celebrity - we may pay the same or more, but I feel that we will be taken care of if something goes wrong. Tootles to Celebrity

At first she said "I can give you the number" and then said "Actually, why don't I try to fix it."

I LOVE getting that response, regardless of the circumstances. It almost doesn't matter what the issue is - or how big it is - as soon as someone says they'll give it a try, rather than passing me along, I feel instantly hopeful.

We have been booking with the Celebrity Certified Vacation planners since we switched from Princess to Celebrity years ago. Everyone I have come in contact has gone above and beyond the call of duty. We email back and forth and call one another and all is resolved and we are happy cruisers. My 2 tries with TA's were both nightmares. Give me CCVP's. Also find Captain's Club reps.very willing and able to help and when they don't know, they find out and get back to me.

Captain's Club rep Tammy is the best. She spent ages on the phone with me checking into a situation with respect to a previous offer of 25 bonus points. She even called me back so that I did not have to stay on hold while she checked out some information. Great, great service. Thanks Tammy.

Carolyn

Big thanks to Celebrity Captain Clubs All-Star Tammy!

I had called several times last week trying to get the 10% sale price of the beverage packages refunded (as an OBC as was mentioned by several posters here on CC) for beverage packages we had previously purchased. After several calls & several hours of back and forth between people who went over the purchases, speaking to resolution department, etc... I was told the only thing they could do was to refund my $ and then I could call again to re purchase them at the discounted price. UGH!! If it wasn't $100 I wouldn't have bothered but I went ahead and had them refund them.

A few days later when I called to re- purchase w/ the discounted rate I got Tammy. She looked over all the notes and instantly realized there had been a mistake made. When I had purchased our beverage packages it was before the gratuities had been raised. If I were to re purchase them now even w/ the 10% discounted price I'd still be paying more. She apologized and said (as I had expected from the beginning) "an OBC should have been issued for the 10% difference." I paused for a moment because I could feel like I was ready to get super mad.... before I could say anything she apologized for the mistake and hassle. She said she would give me the drink packages for what I had originally paid plus the 10% off AND she gave me $100 OBC for going through such a hassle! She was very pleasant & knowledgeable.

Kudos to Tammy!

Quite refreshing to read something positive. IMO these boards have gotten very negative.

Thanks to all the people who also reported dealings with Celebrity that were positive and successful.

I agree with texansharon that many posts (not all) see be to very negative.:(

Our go to Celebrity Planner is Kristy. She is personable, knowledgeable, responsive and amazing. We have booked onboard for future cruises, (twice with Ellie) transferred bookings to Kristy, asked many questions, etc. she emails promptly, calls when she says she will and she takes the time to be thorough and solves issues.

Last year we scheduled B2B in Europe and were unable to make payments via the web. Kristy handled each payments, called us weekly six months out and sent countless emails during a frustrating booking. She made the situation much easier.

Kudos to Kristy!