Specialty Restaurant Promo

custompcsys

The DW and I will be on the Emerald in October for her repo cruise back to FLL. We got the promo with the OBCs and free specialty restaurant dining. For those of you who have already cruised on this promo, did they actually book the reservation in the restaurant for you or were you able to book the restaurant, date, and time you wanted? My confirmation almost makes it seem like they book it for you, so I was wondering what your experiences have been.

Thanks! :)

The last time we had a promo dinner at a specialty restaurant there was a card in our room. It gave us a date for dinner in Sabatini's. I called the DINE line and changed the night and the venue and we ate in Crown Grill. Be sure you take the entire card with you. I took the wrong part of it and had to go back to my cabin for the proper piece of paper. D'Oh!

On the Pacific Princess earlier this year they booked me into Sabitinis, I called and changed to the Steakhouse on another day and time. Just call as soon as you are aboard to try and get the day/time you want.

Thanks folks. I much prefer the steakhouse to Sabatini's so I was hoping it could be changed, which apparently it can :) Did you all have the reservation waiting in your cabin when you boarded or did it come at some point later?

How does the food at Sabatini's compare with the food in the MDR? I'll be going on my first Princess cruise and am thinking of trying both of the specialty restaurants.

I much prefer the Crown Grill over Sabitini's. I've eaten in both many times. I can tell you that I was on the Ruby over the holidays last year and we ate in the Crown Grill on NY's day and it was really bad. Food was served cold, steak was like eating a frisbee. We complained to the head waiter and were not charged.

But I've eating in the CG on many other ships and it has been really great. I think the staff may have been up late partying and hence tired.

I've never had a bad meal in Sabitini's but just not crazy about the menu.