Drinks in room

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I'm a newbie😀

We'll be cruising for the first time with youngsters (3&4y/o), so we figure we'll be crashing in our cabin by 8pm every night. We are going to do the Ultimate beverage package- will room service deliver cocktails and bottled water, or will one of us have to go to the bar for these? Are there mini fridges in the room? We are in a PV room. If we have to go to the bar, is there a limit to how many drinks you can get at once? TIA!

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere' date=' I'm a newbie😀

We'll be cruising for the first time with youngsters (3&4y/o), so we figure we'll be crashing in our cabin by 8pm every night. We are going to do the Ultimate beverage package- will room service deliver cocktails and bottled water, or will one of us have to go to the bar for these? Are there mini fridges in the room? We are in a PV room. If we have to go to the bar, is there a limit to how many drinks you can get at once? TIA![/quote']

The packages do NOT include anything in the cabin in your mini-fridge or through room service.

Darn. Can you use the mini fridge for personal use if you ask the steward to clear out the contents? My kids drink milk before bed and I would like to have somewhere to put it.

I wouldn't exactly call it a mini-fridge. It just keeps things "cool". They will clear it out for you. We always bring a soft small cooler and ask the room steward in the beginning to always have it full as the ice bucket is tiny. I sure wish they delivered drinks to the room!! LOL:D

Darn. Can you use the mini fridge for personal use if you ask the steward to clear out the contents? My kids drink milk before bed and I would like to have somewhere to put it.

Your stateroom attendant may or may not agree to empty the fridge. The contents of the fridge is the responsiblity of the bar staff. Some folks have mentioned emptying it themselves and putting a note on the fridge with the location of the stuff.

Note that the fridge is not that cold, so if you wanted to keep the milk colder, ask for ice and a plastic container from your stateroom attendant. They will keep the ice stocked.

The fridge is cool enough to keep a drink or wine cold enough. I would bring a sports bottle, stock up during the day, no ice in the drinks, pour in sports bottle and keep in the fridge. Or wine if that is what you drink. Get ice as advised above for drinks later on. You'll probably have to empty the fridge yourself. I do it all the time, and I have never left a note. I just put the contents out where the steward and bar staff (they do randomly come to your cabin to check if you need replenishments for fridge) can see it.

Thank you all! This has been very helpful!!!!

I think we will bring a small soft-sided cooler, just in case. I also love the idea of bringing an additional bottle or 2 to stockpile in the event we get stuck in the cabin with overtired kids. We plan on getting a sitter for The Quest, but would really not want to do more than that.

This makes me so much more at ease with cruising with little ones!

Yes, you'll have to go to the bar to pick up drinks. Since you mentioned milk for the kids, I'll say that it's not usually available at bars.

No, the thing in the room isn't a refrigerator; it's a cooler like the ones that plug into your car. It will keep already-cold things cool, but it will not bring room temperature things down to cold. I would not trust it to keep milk at a healthy temperature.

Yes, you can order milk and cookies for the kids at bedtime, but the milk isn't particularly cold. Alternately, you could choose hot chocolate for them.

Another option that hasn't been mentioned: You can bring "milk juice boxes" for your kids and ask the room steward to provide you with ice. You will not have access to self-service ice.