Symphony of the Seas' Blocks Are in the House!

https://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de-la-loire/saint-nazaire-44600/double-mouvement-de-paquebots-le-19-janvier-5481372

Unless there is a last minute change, related to the weather for example, a mega port operation is scheduled to take place on Friday, January 19.

On that day, the Symphony of the Seas (spring delivery) must leave its basin for three days of sea trials and therefore return the following Sunday. At the same time, the second most advanced liner, the Celebrity Edge (delivery end 2018) will leave its current form of construction for its first bath in the Loire. she will then come to position herself along the quay of Penhoët, passing through the form Joubert.

Edited by Lloyd555

No idea. The text comes from this article who's link I just added to the original post. I forgot to to include it. My bad.

https://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de-la-loire/saint-nazaire-44600/double-mouvement-de-paquebots-le-19-janvier-5481372

In the text "Le second paquebot le plus avancé" means the second most completed ship aka the Celebrity Edge , the first one being the Symphony of course. "Avancé" just means finished/built in this case.

In the text "Le second paquebot le plus avancé" means the second most completed ship aka the Celebrity Edge , the first one being the Symphony of course. "Avancé" just means finished/built in this case.
Ah. Don't tell my french relatives and ancestors that I missed that. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Just wondered about the shows, aside from Hairspray, night I have seen the diving / ice / other shows on any precious ship?

Take off for Adventure

Steak some time 1977

HIRO - diving

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just wondered about the shows, aside from Hairspray, night I have seen the diving / ice / other shows on any precious ship? ...

The other "permanent" shows have all been unique to each Oasis and Quantum class ship.

The other "permanent" shows have all been unique to each Oasis and Quantum class ship.

Thanks. Does unique mean only within the newest ships or could have been on smaller ship? I guess Grease is unique to Harmony but not unique to RCCL b/c on IOTS, have seen it both places.

Something about the Flight show seemed familiar but I think it might have been a different line entirly or an ice show as opposed to production show.

Thanks. Does unique mean only within the newest ships or could have been on smaller ship? I guess Grease is unique to Harmony but not unique to RCCL b/c on IOTS, have seen it both places.

Something about the Flight show seemed familiar but I think it might have been a different line entirly or an ice show as opposed to production show.

Unique to all RC ships.

New terminal progress Jan 2.

b38955c9fccde05aa263cac2f07fa7f0.jpg

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for sharing.

The original drawings and now photos raise the question as to why Royal Caribbean would build such a modern and beautiful new terminal located in what is essentially an industrial shipping area. The surrounds are a stark contrast to what the new facility will look like - the selection of that particular location is puzzling.

It limits the distance Symphony and Allure need to go backwards in the channel to get to the terminal.

Good to know, and certainly a good factor in their consideration.

Still...the location appears to almost be like parking a Mercedes next to a dumpster. Not "inviting".

We've seen some terminals in similar ports in Europe and the Caribbean both...and they detract from a positive cruising experience. With this being a totally new (not converted) terminal...one would have thought a better location could have been found.

If you look at POM overall, not really anywhere else to put it.

That is quite unfortunate. Perhaps they could have bought some neighboring land to create a broader "nice" view somehow (big trees for example).

Considering when Symphony and Allure are both there, roughly 12,000 passengers will see the various views from the ship...hopefully it doesn't leave a negative impression of what appears to be a very nice new cruise terminal itself.

Oh well.

The vast majority of cruise terminals share the neighborhood with commercial shipping. Navigable waters are very rare

Indeed I have seen some similar ports terminals...but this one seem in a particularly commercial freight area. It seems questionable as to why they chose it for their new flagship location...especially without some form of "tree or other shielding" from the surrounding freight-yard appearance.

Putting a shiny new terminal in a dumpy place like that (and with their flagship vessels there too) seems worthy of some serious consideration of (masking) the surroundings. If this is their "showplace"...there are effective and economical ways to accomplish the "shielding". Maybe they'll consider that as the construction continues.

It will look fine in the end. That picture was taken from a high elevation. It will look different from the ground.

Port land is way to valuable to use as a buffer

I suspect a 40-50 foot wide strip of land around the terminal with full trees might be both affordable and effective.

It's done in residential yards all the time.

It's also possible that is still in the final landscaping plans. But as is, it's really unattractive no matter what they do the terminal itself.