Question for recent Luminae diners

takemewithyou

We have an upcoming cruise on Infinity in OCT.

I have been trying to follow comments and recent reports about Luminae, but I still am not sure about this.....

I know every ship does things a little differently that others.

I am trying to figure out if we can order off the Classics side of the MDR menu if one of us does not like anything on that evening's menu for Luminae.

Has that been the experience of recent cruisers?

Also can you order something off that evenings MDR menu, for example, prime rib, if they are serving that?

Can we expect that Luminae on Infinity will be open for lunch on embarkation Day?

Thanks

You definitely can order anything off of the classic side of the MDR menu if nothing fits the bill on the regular menu. It is also definitely open for lunch on embarkation day, we have eaten there. It was nice and quiet. Very civilized as opposed to the buffet. Enjoy

We were in Luminae last week on the constellation and loved it!

There was a lunch offered at embarkation day. We weren't notified about that but just went there and it was open. Thank you Cruise Critic :-)

We always tried something from the Luminae menu but our sever told us we could ask for the MDR menu if we wanted.

I was in Luminae in April and will be back next month. I can not remember if they will let you order wine off of the MDR wine list. I think it is a better list than the Luminae wine list.

We were told [on MIllennium] that we could order any wine on board in Luminae and they kept enough for us of the wine we liked from Cellar Masters for our whole cruise.

We returned from a weeks cruise on the Equinox and used Luminae every night. Just the best dining experience. Our daughter is very fussy and chose from the mdr menu as well as Luminaes no problem - she had burger and fries one night! The food, service and attendants were amazing and Equinox is a superb ship. Doing Millenium next which I think will be a different experience but will only ever go with Celebrity now - great cruise line :D

Sent from my S208 using Forums mobile app

Just off the Constellation and have nothing but rave reviews for Luminae. Started with lunch on embarkation and ended with breakfast on disembarkation! Best food and service we've had by far on a cruise. The staff will jump through hoops to make you happy! Enjoy!

We were told [on MIllennium] that we could order any wine on board in Luminae and they kept enough for us of the wine we liked from Cellar Masters for our whole cruise.

I was in Luminae in April and will be back next month. I can not remember if they will let you order wine off of the MDR wine list. I think it is a better list than the Luminae wine list.

And we did. We would frequently ask for wines we knew were onboard and they would be brought to Luminae. Even one wine was found that we were told that wasn't onboard :)

Happy sailing when you're back onboard in a bit Maggie.

Jenna