Parking question for Ft. Lauderdale port

happywife0921

This is our first time leaving from this port. I know in NOLA we can either park at the terminal deck for Carnival or go down the street to another deck which was about $40 cheaper. Just curious if there are options for parking around this port as well?

This is our first time leaving from this port. I know in NOLA we can either park at the terminal deck for Carnival or go down the street to another deck which was about $40 cheaper. Just curious if there are options for parking around this port as well?

I always use Park N Go:

https://www.bookparkngo.com/ftlauderdale.php

Pay online ahead of time and it's $7.99 per day vs $12 per day when paying at the lot.

Have nothing but nice things to say about parkngo. Great service when we park there.

They direct you to pull up under tents, before your even in park workers already are at your trunk taking your luggage, 20 or steps onto shuttle and off you go. Return pickup very easy, dropped off right at car.

Pay online for lowest rate.

Have nothing but nice things to say about parkngo. Great service when we park there.

They direct you to pull up under tents, before your even in park workers already are at your trunk taking your luggage, 20 or steps onto shuttle and off you go. Return pickup very easy, dropped off right at car.

Pay online for lowest rate.

How does the return work? Do you need to call for pickup or do they "circle" when the ships return to port? Just don't want to get stranded. Thanks.

How does the return work? Do you need to call for pickup or do they "circle" when the ships return to port? Just don't want to get stranded. Thanks.

You may call them, but they know when the ships arrive and disembark and are right there. We used them for the first time in April and had just called them when they said a shuttle was already in the area and would meet us in several minutes. They did and took us right to our car.

You may call them, but they know when the ships arrive and disembark and are right there. We used them for the first time in April and had just called them when they said a shuttle was already in the area and would meet us in several minutes. They did and took us right to our car.

Thanks. I figured as much, but it's good to find out from someone who's used them.

I also appreciate the info. We are cruising on FOS in October.

When is the earliest the shuttle leaves or arrives at the terminal?

Thanks.

I have no idea. I suspect they run shuttles on demand, but you could always phone Park N Go.

When first arriving to parkngo with all the paper work they give you a yellow slip receipt that is used for the return. They told us to keep it with us to board the shuttle after the cruise.

On the shuttle on the way to the cruise the driver pointed out the area that we had to wait for pickup once off the ship. After exiting customs we knew where to go (100 feet walk) but to be sure simply asked a worker and was pointed in the right direction.

Basically we had to walk to an area where I guess taxi and public buses make their rounds to pick up people. The ParkNGo buses are really identifiable (yellow n white) can't miss them at all. We waited a whole 8 minutes to be picked up. Seen it pulling around the corner, it stopped right there, greeted with a smile and simply had to give the driver our yellow receipt. They loaded everyones bags into the bus and off we went. Entering the parkngo lot they simply started from the furthest parking and went up and down each row dropping people off at their cars. Driver was nice, funny, joking around and let our two boys in their 20s bring their beer on.

Edited by jb456

• 1 month later...
When first arriving to parkngo with all the paper work they give you a yellow slip receipt that is used for the return. They told us to keep it with us to board the shuttle after the cruise.

On the shuttle on the way to the cruise the driver pointed out the area that we had to wait for pickup once off the ship. After exiting customs we knew where to go (100 feet walk) but to be sure simply asked a worker and was pointed in the right direction.

Basically we had to walk to an area where I guess taxi and public buses make their rounds to pick up people. The ParkNGo buses are really identifiable (yellow n white) can't miss them at all. We waited a whole 8 minutes to be picked up. Seen it pulling around the corner, it stopped right there, greeted with a smile and simply had to give the driver our yellow receipt. They loaded everyones bags into the bus and off we went. Entering the parkngo lot they simply started from the furthest parking and went up and down each row dropping people off at their cars. Driver was nice, funny, joking around and let our two boys in their 20s bring their beer on.

Thanks for your very detailed description of their procedures. It is really helpful.

One more question. I've seen different answers on whether you have to leave your car key with them.

Thanks.

We have always used Park n Go and have been happy with their service. Last time they were very busy and we had to leave our keys. Not a problem. You might want to double check the price. Looks like it's now $10.50 per day plus tax. Might consider parking at the port this year.

This is exactly what we are seeing. Over a 21 day cruise we would save $80 and while that amount is not to be sneezed at we've decided that the ease of parking at the pier in a covered area is worth the extra.

We're planning on using the port parking and had a couple newbie questions.

1) do we need any documents to get through security at port entrance?

2) should I drop off DW with luggage or just hand off bags to porters?

3) for HAL, which building should I park in, and is it an easy walk to pier access?

4) on return if we can carry/roll our bags, is doing that preferable to getting car and driving around?

Thanks for the assistance.

We're planning on using the port parking and had a couple newbie questions.

1) do we need any documents to get through security at port entrance?

2) should I drop off DW with luggage or just hand off bags to porters?

3) for HAL, which building should I park in, and is it an easy walk to pier access?

4) on return if we can carry/roll our bags, is doing that preferable to getting car and driving around?

Thanks for the assistance.

For lots of info check out http://www.porteverglades.net. Take a look at the map too.

1) You will need to show your ID. They will ask which ship you are on. You should keep your cruise docs handy too.

2) One of us usually gets out and handles the luggage with the porters while the other parks the car.

3) There is a large sign at the entrance (and the security officer can also tell you) listing the ships in port and their terminal numbers. I don't know if HAL has an assigned terminal like the Oasis, the Allure and Princess. Even if it does, if HAL has multiple ships in port all bets can be off as to which terminal your ship will be using. For example, Princess always uses #2, sometimes #4, and, if they have 3 ships in port at the same time, #21.

4) If you are parked close by it is probably easier to walk - that way you will avoid the traffic in front of the terminal (especially early arrivals for the next cruise) and make a quicker exit from the garage.

First time parking.

Is there parking where you can park then walk to HAL dock or are they all park and then you are shuttled?

Can you give me any websites?

I suspect it would be a pretty healthy walk. Why not just park at the port operated garage across from the ship?