Live Review of Ruby Princess Alaska August 16th through the 23rd.

kunta67

i totally agree with Carbill.... get the future cruise deposits, if you don't use them or don't want them they are refundable.

Also they are combinable with other on board credits like Travel agent credit, and stock credit, oh and military credit. Some other brands don't let you combine.

Great review and wonderful pictures. Can you tell me more about the bear excursion please. Was it the Tongrass Rain Forest? Did you book that through the cruise or on your own. We were on an Alaska cruise in July but we didn't get to do our bear excursion because of weather that day. That was going to be the highlight of our trip. I guess we need to go back to Alaska. I wanted to check this out as well. Thanks again for taking the time to post all of this.

Dinner at Crown Grill.

My wife and I decided to do our one specialty dinner at Crown Grill. It was too much food that we didn't even have dessert.

Menus

895a21c4a891876852d2ba88d293c52e.jpg

d7678c818cc7b05190f5987755c6f67f.jpg

Lobster cake

0150135c0aeedc34121ee69bc1690689.jpg

Scallops

007acc91af2a02a2f48843e5f7c74faf.jpg

Black and Blue Onion Soup

91a91fb279b1a34b34b38249f3205d20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's more pictures from Crown Grill that didn't load earlier.

Sorbetto/Palatte Cleanser

5f32d149cc9b02e96d257eafcd814a46.jpg

Lobster

374da2daf77e9200aa3695a10ae274b0.jpg

Ribeye

754ac887b416c81f75167c2f725a619d.jpg

Mashed potatoes/mushrooms

90dba84bf4c83ec6ca987b77d75ba748.jpg

Anniversary Brownie from Crown Grill

d554879c222735be3a75085f61ae2c2a.jpg

Great review and wonderful pictures. Can you tell me more about the bear excursion please. Was it the Tongrass Rain Forest? Did you book that through the cruise or on your own. We were on an Alaska cruise in July but we didn't get to do our bear excursion because of weather that day. That was going to be the highlight of our trip. I guess we need to go back to Alaska. I wanted to check this out as well. Thanks again for taking the time to post all of this.

It was in the rain forest but I'm thinking the best time to see bears would be during salmon spawning season.

i totally agree with Carbill.... get the future cruise deposits, if you don't use them or don't want them they are refundable.

Also they are combinable with other on board credits like Travel agent credit, and stock credit, oh and military credit. Some other brands don't let you combine.

We actually did the future deposit. We're going to look at Royal or Regal in January or February as well as possibly Ruby in the winter from LA

As a professional photographer for 20+ years you and your wife have an excellent eye for photos. Great job. What's the private tour called in Tracy Arms?

Thanks again.��

Tom:)

Hi Tom, It is not a private tour. It is offered through Princess. It is the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer. No way it is "private" since you have to board the small craft from the Princess ship. No way Princess is going to miss this as a revenue opportunity. :D I will check in and let you know what we think about it. We are doing it this coming week. :cool:

Checkout WWCJR's review, I believe it is post 47. That pushed us over the edge to take the tour.:)

Edited by ar1950

Hi Tom, It is not a private tour. It is offered through Princess. It is the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer. No way it is "private" since you have to board the small craft from the Princess ship. No way Princess is going to miss this as a revenue opportunity. :D I will check in and let you know what we think about it. We are doing it this coming week. :cool:

Checkout WWCJR's review, I believe it is post 47. That pushed us over the edge to take the tour.:)

Do you know what the tour is called?

Thanks!

I looked on my 10 day cruise on the Golden and don't see the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer listed so perhaps it's not offered on our cruise from San Francisco.

Do you know what the tour is called?

Thanks!

Not to be repetitive, but, yeah, It is the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer. That is what our excursion is called. I will be happy to report on our experience, btw.

I looked on my 10 day cruise on the Golden and don't see the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer listed so perhaps it's not offered on our cruise from San Francisco.

Maybe not. Every excursion is not offered on every cruise so maybe this is not one that you have available on your itinerary???

Edited by ar1950

Here's the dinner from the second formal night. Our wait staff has been amazing and the food has been top notch

Menus

da62499f32b91c8618f2d090eff81a6e.jpg

2d5b8a99def9111e212e0c6198795e51.jpg

Salad starter

96f20974c7e023b7469eb045f02cb087.jpg

Pasta appetizer

a044e8108ef054ffdc1ba820b7667cc8.jpg

Lobster

93b469681ee7fc5c29d8b687f9f19d6f.jpg

Beef Wellington

263f2d5abebc3cc153b6d72ee259f058.jpg

Our dinner mates did the tour and they said it was amazing. They definitely saw glaciers that fell into the water.

It's not offered on all the cruises. It isn't offered on the 9/06 Ruby cruise either.

It's not offered on all the cruises. It isn't offered on the 9/06 Ruby cruise either.

That’s really too bad. It’s one of the highlights of our cruise. We always take the small boat tour from the ship to the upper reaches of Tracy Arm whenever we go up to Tracy Arm. The Tracy Arm small boat experience is well worth the price. We alternate between Glacier Bay and Tracy Arm.

BTW, did you guys look for Tracey Arm as the port under the excursion list for your cruises. I know that it seems odd, but, Tracey Arm was shown as a port and that is where I found it.

I agree, definitely get the FCD. We got 2 each on a whim last November thinking that we could get a refund if we didn't use them.

Well, it allowed us to book 2 cruises, one from Fremantle and then connecting in Singapore to another for only $100 deposit for each cruise. This gives you flexibility without a large cash outlay for the deposit

BTW, did you guys look for Tracey Arm as the port under the excursion list for your cruises. I know that it seems odd, but, Tracey Arm was shown as a port and that is where I found it.

I think it's the only one listed under Tracey Arm. Our biggest regret is not going on the excursion deeper to Sawyer Glacier. We're already talking about the next time we come back on an Alaskan cruise which tours we would do.