Concierge Guarantee? Suite without balcony?

tbmrt

They did after much negotiating find an aqua cabin on deck 11 and actually are refunding us (wouldn't do anything in beginning except offer 150 in OBC. Took away all perks we had including of course luminae, but didn't tell us why they overbooked . Sorry I've posted so many times but I'm really disappointed in Celebrity. We'll have a great time on our 49th anniv. anyway. By the way, when we booked in early July there were at least 7 suites left (as I took down the cabin numbers)

This is a slight concern as we're in a GTY suite. There were several others available when our number was confirmed (and then changed by us).

Is this a common occurrence? Has it happened to anyone else?

This is a slight concern as we're in a GTY suite. There were several others available when our number was confirmed (and then changed by us).

Don't think it's a common occurrence but we paid in full immediately and never got a cabin number. Good luck and enjoy

Don't think it's a common occurrence but we paid in full immediately and never got a cabin number. Good luck and enjoy

In all the threads that post about a "GTY" cabin, this is the first time I have read of something like this happening.

phill.gal, you need to escalate this. Did you book direct, or thru a TA?

There is another "problem"with a guarantee on celebrity. We have a suite guarantee on the summit for August 23rd- next sunday, and still haven't been assigned a stateroom. It could be a sky accessible , celebrity, or royal - all were available at time of booking. I'd like to get luggage tags printed but I guess we won't find out until we get to pier.

It seems that allocation at the pier can happen with any line.

They did after much negotiating find an aqua cabin on deck 11 and actually are refunding us (wouldn't do anything in beginning except offer 150 in OBC. Took away all perks we had including of course luminae, but didn't tell us why they overbooked . Sorry I've posted so many times but I'm really disappointed in Celebrity. We'll have a great time on our 49th anniv. anyway. By the way, when we booked in early July there were at least 7 suites left (as I took down the cabin numbers)

I am very sad for you. It would seem if they booked you a suite guarantee, you should get one. If not ( because they really screwed up) they should be refunding you so much and giving you so much OBC and letting you into Luminae that you would be smiling and not sadly posting on these boards.

Obviously, you have not been compensated fairly!

We booked a CC Guarantee and have our cabin already assigned but if I could have booked a Suite Guarantee I would have. Do you mind explaining again what they did for your after much negotiating? Did you get all your money refunded? Will you on the cruise in an AQ Cabin? It would be awful if you couldn't go on the cruise at all!

We booked a CC Guarantee and have our cabin already assigned but if I could have booked a Suite Guarantee I would have. Do you mind explaining again what they did for your after much negotiating? Did you get all your money refunded? Will you on the cruise in an AQ Cabin? It would be awful if you couldn't go on the cruise at all!

When is your sailing date? I am waiting for a gty CC. Nothing showing up yet. When I look at my reservation and click on manage reservation and click on stateroom and view all it does is show that we are doing a gty CC.

We sail Dec.13th. Getting anxious.

When is your sailing date? I am waiting for a gty CC. Nothing showing up yet. When I look at my reservation and click on manage reservation and click on stateroom and view all it does is show that we are doing a gty CC.

We sail Dec.13th. Getting anxious.

I think I answered this in another thread. April 10, 2016.

In all the threads that post about a "GTY" cabin, this is the first time I have read of something like this happening.

We booked through a TA who is with Cruises Only. We've used his services for years and never had anything like this happen. I really have no idea what I can do. I don't believe in lawsuits for something like this, but I am really upset. If we'd known even 2 weeks ago we could have found a ship with a suitable cabinThe price wasn't even the issue. I was thinking that Cruises Only could have provided a "perk" like OBC or something but they didn't and I was so shocked that I didn't think of it. What would you have done?

So sorry to read about your problem. I am sure that most of us would be very upset if we were in the same situation. Good to hear that they did make you an offer that was acceptable even though not preferred. I assume you are getting a full refund and a free cruise? I suspect they wanted to give you another free cruise instead of the credit, but now you have a choice of cruise line on your next cruise. Ease the pain a bit although still disappointing I would imagine. It would be for us. You can now go on another cruise of your choice for your 50th.

I really believe the Blu situation should be better with the changes, but I would be tempted to buy the Speciality dining all inclusive package,to make the cruise a little special.

As far as never sailing again on Celebrity yours in the first incident of this that I recall. I am surprised that Celebrity did not find someone else willing to take advantage of an offer freeing up at least a SS2 for you. The odds of this happening again have to be very remote, but since you feel you had no choice it will be hard to forget. Although hopefully you are getting and enjoy your free cruise.

Too bad Celebrity did not offer you a free future cruise in a Royal or Penthouse suite. Also if I were you I would not use this particular TA again. Your first offer of $150 OBC for not having a cabin that you booked in just plain insulting IMO. A good TA would have never accepted such an offer or presented it. The TA should have been giving you that much OBC even if you received your Sky Suite.

Congratulations on your anniversary and have a great cruise.

i don't know what you mean by escalate, but I am now on the phone with a supervisor from Cruises Only because, for one thing, it doesn't look like they refunded the total and are starting to charge us for taxes, port charges etc. and that isn't what they agreed to. The price we paid was advertised online from Celebrity so it was an individual booking not a group. Those that book far in advance (not 2 months) I don't believe would ever have this problem because ships aren't usually soldout with no chance of a cancellation that early. will let you know what happens- this is a soap opera already

We booked through a TA .

Which is why Celebrity can not talk directly with you. IMHO ( which wont get you nuttin no where's ;) ) that is where the mistake was made.

i don't know what you mean by escalate,

If you had of gone direct, there is a 'Resolution' dept you could have called.

this is really getting be a saga. I'm sure we will have a wonderful time on this cruise. We've already some great people on line with whom we will be sailing tomorrow. i was told when a TA makes the reservation the cruise lines can only talk to me in a conference call with the TA. Don't really think the TA was to blame- it was Celebrity who obviously overbooked.

They have condescended stop giving us one dinner in Luminae but no other special dining. We are already planning on eating the first night at Qsine and I will be having elite breakfast in Normandie along with all of you other elite passengers (hope to see you there). What they gave us was a refund of everything but port charges and taxes and a free cruise (but with no other perks like a beverage package or OBC) No mention of switching to a free future cruise in a sky suite.

they will however, put us on priority list so that if someone cancels or doesn't show up at the last minute we will get a suite. Don't think that's going to happen.

Yes, we will sail on Celebrity again, but probably only in the 1st 3 of the Solstice Class(I'm a fan of the glass blowing exhibitions)

If we were to take the specialty dining package there are only 2 restaurants to pick from unlike the solstice class. (bistro on 5 is just okay IMO)

To those of you still waiting for your guarantees to come thru- you have plenty of time and the ships are plenty big.

Thanks for you concern and well wishes. Rynda

What they gave us was a refund of everything but port charges and taxes and a free cruise (but with no other perks like a beverage package or OBC)

Are you saying you're only paying port charges this cruise and they are also giving you a free future cruise?

At the very minimum, I'm glad Celebrity has stepped up from their previous "offer" in your situation.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise once you get all this last minute drama done and behind you. ;)

Note to Wallie5446, I don't think Philly.gal's "mistake" was booking through a TA. In the past I've booked through a TA, and when there was an issue, the TA went to bat for us with the Resolutions Department and worked out a satisfactory solution (we were on a 3-way conference call with TA and Resolutions). If your inference was to suggest that by booking through a TA one doesn't have access to the Resolutions Department, then I respectfully disagree. You simply have to include the TA in any communication with the Resolutions Department.

Are you saying you're only paying port charges this cruise and they are also giving you a free future cruise?

At the very minimum, I'm glad Celebrity has stepped up from their previous "offer" in your situation.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise once you get all this last minute drama done and behind you. ;)

Note to Wallie5446, I don't think Philly.gal's "mistake" was booking through a TA. In the past I've booked through a TA, and when there was an issue, the TA went to bat for us with the Resolutions Department and worked out a satisfactory solution (we were on a 3-way conference call with TA and Resolutions). If your inference was to suggest that by booking through a TA one doesn't have access to the Resolutions Department, then I respectfully disagree. You simply have to include the TA in any communication with the Resolutions Department.

Not saying that booking thru the TA was a mistake, but that is where the mistake happened. On our Nov on Equinox we have 5 Aqua cabins booked thru an Agency. When another couple went to book they were told there were no more available in the block they had taken options on. Those available on the web site were a lot more than we booked at.

Rynda, philly.gal, said when she booked, there were some suites available, why did her TA not get it done? Hence my comment, "that is were the mistake was made".

With many sailings on Celebrity, they know how the flow goes. Again, IMHO, which won't get you nuttin no where, without admitting to dropping the ball :o the TA has done right by their client, while giving the credit to Celebrity.

EW

Let me clarify. Celebrity gave us am aqua cabin for this tripk and refunded all but 398 for taxes and port charges. They gave us 1 dinner for the 2 of us in Luminae and nothing else- no future cruise or special pricing for future cruise. I'm reading of more and more people who have had this problem and even worse circumstances where no cabin was available. I could have had a 3 way conference with resolutions dept. but I doubt if it would have anything but make me more upset, so why bother. They did say I had priority if someone cancels in a suite at the last minute. I'll let you know when we get back next sunday if that happens.