Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Now those are indeed lovely naked bagels! :)

UKCruiseJeff: Oh ... OK .... I know you want it. Nude shots.

Appreciate the wonderful bagels pictures and details. Nude is good' date=' mostly, kind of, BUT for bagels, I personally like . . . "All Everything" bagels. Makes me hungry!! Keep up the good, fun and interesting posts.

Also really liked the picture on the "plain chilli and honey pork sausage and charlotte fry". Looked great!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio[/font']

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 121,996 views for this posting.

Thanks Terry, One day I am going to get you into the kitchen making something of which you will be proud and surprise your wife. And you will post a picture of it. With your lovely wife looking on! When will this be Terry .....? :D Jeff

Appreciate Jeff's wonderful encouragement and helpful comments. Wednesday evening below is a little photo results/evidence that I am capable of certain modest efforts. Grilling a steak is fun, but it is not quite as interesting and involved as with some of Jeff's nice visual/meal delights. These pictures do reflect some basic capabilities on my end. My biggest challenge is time. Had a TV taping last night, getting ready for another show this afternoon, plus a noon meeting. AND, a number of "things" working on, being involved in and doing. Also made this morning our final payment for our early February 2016, ten-day Silver Cloud sailing up and down the South Africa coast.

Definitely, I like to eat!! Just do not always have the time and/or patience for doing the work involved in preparing, cooking, cleaning up, etc.

By the way, the taste and flavor of this ribeye from Costco was super excellent. My wife and our dogs both enjoyed some nice bites!! They gave strong approvals as did my taste buds.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 186,623 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From start to finish, here was the transition from putting the ribeye steak on the grill, its first side being seared and the how it looked on the plate, including some refreshing Shandy beer in a frosted mug. Like?:

Sept2015PixsA4%201_zpsmjp5t2in.jpg

Sept2015PixsA5%201_zpst99l0kmd.jpg

Sept2015PixsA6%201_zpsdiaef31z.jpg

Yum. I started some pizza dough this morning so it will be ready when we get home from work... we have (probably) the last bunch of tomatoes from the garden to put on the pizzas, as well as other assorted toppings. Just have to make it through the rest of the day here at work!

Terry,

That steak looks remarkably good if you don't mind me saying .... and ribeye my favlourite cut. I am incapapble of grilling steak without a probe .... I always grill it to 117 degrees and then it rests for five minutes or so to get to around 123 to 125 ... but your steak does look perfect without any messing around. You are a natrual! And iphone piccies... followed by Nikon .... to boot!

JP, a man who prepares his dough in advance gets my vote. That makes you a biga man rather than a poolish man :D Looking forward to the piccy.

Plain lunch today with Picpoul .... outside .... lovely day following a great village walk. Wifey was happy today. I wasn't bonkered or conkered during our walk - and that is a result!

Jeff

A7E148BA-2E30-496D-89F5-B3965A1E61E4.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Thanks Jeff

We have had chicken soup, and chicken in various incarnations.

So far even with all modern medicine and not so modern medicine has to offer, we are just fair to middling.

We had to cancel attendance at a wedding on Saturday, something we wouldn't do so last minute if we could make it. We feel that bad.

I'm almost too superstitious to say this, but I presume we all get rhe same vaccine world-wide? :confused:

Last year the vaccine used in the UK, we were told later wasn't the correct vaccine for the prevalent strain of flu. There was quite a lot of opinion that was very much towards that the side effects were worst than the preventative odds.

I thought this was true in the US as well.

Jeff

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/04/flu-vaccine-wrong-strain-cdc-warns

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/from-an-uncertain-process-of-guesses-and-science-each-years-flu-vaccines-emerge/2015/01/08/efc6e010-9744-11e4-aabd-d0b93ff613d5_story.html

Jeff,

I am neither an epidemiologist or immunologist. I suggest that people consult with their medical practitioner regarding the flu vaccine.

My suggestion is not to dally about asking the questions regarding same.

Medicine is an art and a science, but far from perfect.

One must always be their own best advocate in such matters, looking at everything in order to make personal decisions.

DH was told to wait, and he did. In retrospect, and we all know hindsight is 20/20, that was not a good decision for him.

The rationale for waiting was that the vaccine, given later, would protect him longer in the throes of a virulent bug season.

DD who is immunocompromised gets flu vaccine every year. I must say she still gets sick, just not as devastatingly so.

I am sorry if I proselytized, I really didn't mean too.

Thanks, appreciate and respect your strong feelings on the topic.

As I suggested earlier in the thread, it wouldn't be completely accurate to presume with any certainty that if DH had had the jab that it would have prevented the flu. This is no mitigation or consolation, but you shouldn't feel hacked off with yourselves. :)

I do hope you get yourselves better soon and take even more chicken soup with enormous addings of a red wine .....

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

A note from Soapy Gal to her friends on the cooler,

Well no luck with the old iPad, it just wouldn't play nice at all!

So sorry to read that Spins isn't well, hope she and DH get better soon. I had the flu jab last Saturday and felt completely bushed all day Sunday....I've had reactions in the past but it's still worth having them.

Thanks to everyone for all the messages.....I'm in the throws of last minute packing for the Tuesday departure to Istanbul at 4am ....yikes!

Kids taking me out for dinner on Monday evening so I won't miss pup too much...hate him not being here with me.

Happy weekend to all

S😊

Jeff (Royal Male)

Royal Male indeed! Cute Jeff! I've been reading about Frances de La Tour and her vast repertoire. Did you know that there is a setting in Scene called Gourmet? It is especially for shooting pictures of food. It raises the brightness and vividness of colours to enhance the appearance of food. Cool beans right?

Thanks M, yes indeed ... I use to use it quite a lot on my Model 1, but haven't been using this camera yet for food. Looking forward to seeing your food pics!

Spins and Soapy,

due to all this harrasment (;) ) from you girls, and being a bloke who always does what he is told, I have just booked Wifey and I in for our jabs on Tuesday morning.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Jeff

I ordered some handmade magnets to take with us on the big adventure from a couple of Canadian vendors on etsy.com. I just love them. The circular one is made with small stones and twigs and is to represent Myster and I sitting under a tree. The other 3 are beautiful handcrafted butterlies. The magnets are attached to the fridge.

I used the P setting and turned exposure down to -0.7. My first go at playing with this setting.

DSC00056_zpsfdsa7laq.jpg

I ordered some handmade magnets to take with us on the big adventure from a couple of Canadian vendors on etsy.com. I just love them. The circular one is made with small stones and twigs and is to represent Myster and I sitting under a tree. The other 3 are beautiful handcrafted butterlies. The magnets are attached to the fridge.

I used the P setting and turned exposure down to -0.7. My first go at playing with this setting.

DSC00056_zpsfdsa7laq.jpg

Are you k i s s i n g?