Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

I love those cookies, and I am amused to see that yours get just as broken as the ones I get in the US.

:D

I asked her whether she would like an Almond Thin and she said "no". I thought "great", I can relax knowing that I can have the choicest ones to dunk in my esspresso - and have no competition. When does life get any better than that?:)

You will notice the broken one closest to me.

I took the small "half" first - saving the nutty half for next. I was savouring that nutty half ... really looking forward to it.. and SHE BLEEDIN' WELL GRABBED IT!

People have split up for less.

:mad:

Jeff

TLCOhio, 106,123, that might have been the second largest crowd watching a game yesterday. Mark

Appreciate the good, sharp eye by Mark. Yes, at yesterday's UM 31-0 win against BYU, the attendance was 108,940. Capacity was up to 109,901 for 2010-2014, but Michigan Stadium is now listed as seating 107,601. Called "The Big House", it is one of the country's most classic, widely-recognized sporting facilities. Fashioned after the Yale Bowl, 440 tons of reinforcing steel and 31,000 square feet of wire mesh went into the building of the original 44-section, 72-row, 72,000-seat stadium that opened on Oct. 1, 1927. They note that it is the largest college-owned structures designed solely for football, being closer to the playing field with no running track and no posts or other obstructions. Stadium attendance record of 115,109 was set Sept. 7, 2013 against Notre Dame. In recent years, fan interest and attendance had slipped a little, but now with the new coach, the UM faithful are excited and very hopeful. The next big, big game for UM will be against number-two-ranked Michigan State on Saturday, October 17, 2015, in Michigan Stadium.

Are my facts and info correct, Mark and Candy?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 29,083 views for these postings.

The full moon looks incredible here. I have my 500 mm lens attached to the DSLR, out on my front porch with a tripod. Taking a few test shots to get the exposure right before the main event. So far, skies are holding... I will post a few shots later if I get any good ones. Happy viewing all!

Thanks mysty. Weekend was great fun and weather fantastic. Lots of new tasty wines in the wine refrigerator!

Jeff, hope the blog doesn't put you to sleep before the eclipse. If you lose the site, it's in the same site as the blog for the canceled river cruise. That link is in my signature.

For Terry - I'm shooting the full moon with a 170-500 F6.3 Sigma lens, fully zoomed, at -5EV exposure compensation. I have it on my D7100 with a tripod and it's been outside cooling down for an hour or so.

Since I am using a tripod and -5EV, I can force ISO 100 for clearer image quality. Haven't downloaded any to my laptop yet, but some nice detail on the camera monitor...

Edited by jpalbny

For Terry - I'm shooting the full moon with a 170-500 F6.3 Sigma lens, fully zoomed, at -5EV exposure compensation. I have it on my D7100 with a tripod and it's been outside cooling down for an hour or so. Since I am using a tripod and -5EV, I can force ISO 100 for clearer image quality. Haven't downloaded any to my laptop yet, but some nice detail on the camera monitor...

Appreciate, JP, these great tips and camera specifics. Getting ready to go out in about another half hour. Where we live has too many trees. BUT, nearby is a large, open park meadow area. It should work better, assuming the clouds clear. Glad to know that you are a smart guy with a Nikon D7100. Impressive!!

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 121,293 views for this posting.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 186,357 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Shadow at a little after 9:00:

DSC_2466.JPG

Link: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bC4bNrudPDxQj8isnvIu1NMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Nice bite out of the orb 10 minutes ago:

DSC_2475.JPG

Link: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/pruAxlLF50JTo7UV2rrwSdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Back out to watch some more! Jeff, the "blood moon" refers to the appearance at totality, when it's not completely dark, but glows red. You can't see it now on the eclipsed part, because the remaining fully illuminated portion overwhelms the faint red glow. Wait a little...

What a great show! First time in quite a while that I've watched one, and the weather cooperated. Bedtime, but here are a few shots. Terry, Mysty, et al - looking forward to yours!

DSC_2503.JPG

DSC_2512.JPG

DSC_2517.JPG

DSC_2523.JPG

DSC_2541.JPG

DSC_2551.JPG

A challenge to capture the pictures; had to change lots of settings on the fly as the show progressed. But fun! Good night all.

What a great show! First time in quite a while that I've watched one, and the weather cooperated. Bedtime, but here are a few shots. Terry, Mysty, et al - looking forward to yours! A challenge to capture the pictures; had to change lots of settings on the fly as the show progressed. But fun! Good night all.

Appreciate, JP, your super wonder shots. Just got back from my second run down to our super larger open park meadow area. BUT, still lots of . . . cloud cover. Doesn't look like there will be anything to photography and/or share. Looks like your pictures will be the official ones from here in the Americas.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 204,337 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Thank you so much for the moon pictures jp, I am afraid we slept through it as it was about 3 to 4 a.m., and we would have had to go into the garden to view as there are too many trees and shrubs near the house.

I have just had a (quick) look at your blog about Germany and the purchase of your car. It sounds comparatively easy if you are buying a new one, with the shipping being organised. Our son-in-law bought a racing car from a private individual in the States, and getting shipped over to the UK was a bit of a nightmare, bureaucratically. However, it has since been fairly successful in some races here.

Regards to all coolers - and Sophia, I think you are off on your cruise very soon, so do hope it is lovely after your previous disappointment last year.

Lola