Booking Pinncle Grill?

phabric

One of our family group reservations is booked with Explorer 4 which includes a free dinner.

Does Holland decide on the date and time for the free dinner? Or do you wait until you are on board to make your own dinner reservation? Others in our group want to join them.

One of our family group reservations is booked with Explorer 4 which includes a free dinner.

Does Holland decide on the date and time for the free dinner? Or do you wait until you are on board to make your own dinner reservation? Others in our group want to join them.

They will book the time and advise you once you board. Some posters have reported they were able to change the time and date.

but we have always been able to change it. It's often much earlier than we like to dine. If you like beef, try the Tartar as an appetizer. It's raw beef but great and very large. I ask for a half portion as I couldn't eat a full dinner after a full portion. The caviar service is worth the price at $45 extra.

When we got on the ship, there was a card in out cabin indicating the day and time for our free Explore4 Pinnacle dinner.

It didn't agree with us so we asked and were able to get it changed.

Sometimes they can change it -- sometimes they can't. It all depends on how many reservations have already been pre-booked.

Your ability to change and combine Pinnacle reservations are dependent on the number of reservations available. If you are on a sailing with a lot of Explore 4 passengers, many of the reservation slots will be pre-booked. Make the reservation desk your first stop after boarding. With a limited number of reservations available, you'll want to act quickly.

I heard on CC that if you want to book a reservation in the PG ahead of the cruise, online, you must charge the fee to your credit card, even if you have Explore-4, which includes a free PG dinner. The only way to use your Explore-4 free dinner in the PG is to take the date and time you are assigned onboard, or try to change it. Good luck with that, depending on the number of pre-booked reservations, and the number of Explore-4 freebies that are already on the books.

I heard on CC that if you want to book a reservation in the PG ahead of the cruise, online, you must charge the fee to your credit card, even if you have Explore-4, which includes a free PG dinner. The only way to use your Explore-4 free dinner in the PG is to take the date and time you are assigned onboard, or try to change it. Good luck with that, depending on the number of pre-booked reservations, and the number of Explore-4 freebies that are already on the books.

You heard correctly.

I went ahead and booked the nights I know we wanted. If my "free" night happens to fall on one of those nights and/or we are able to change it, I figured I will cancel the paid reservation but this way I know I am covered.

We were on the Statendam in Alaska this summer. Once we got our card with dining time/day, we (2 of us) were able to change our reservation so that we could dine with my Mom, who also had the Explore4 package. We had to take a slightly earlier dining time but no worries. The food was OUTSTANDING.

We were on the Statendam in Alaska this summer. Once we got our card with dining time/day, we (2 of us) were able to change our reservation so that we could dine with my Mom, who also had the Explore4 package. We had to take a slightly earlier dining time but no worries. The food was OUTSTANDING.

This is my first time on HAL.

Was the card in the cabin when you first entered the cabin or later on? Where did you change the reservation?

We have 8 cabins booked but only 1 sole passenger has the Explorer 4 and some of us will want to join her.

This is my first time on HAL.

Was the card in the cabin when you first entered the cabin or later on? Where did you change the reservation?

We have 8 cabins booked but only 1 sole passenger has the Explorer 4 and some of us will want to join her.

It typically depends on what day your Explore 4 reservations fall on. If they're further into the cruise, you might not have a card right away. Your reservation will however, be in the computer system. Just ask at the Pinnacle Grill or the specialty dining desk.

Question about this too...if my assigned reservation is linked with another cabin will they assign us the same night and time? Or is this something I will need to anticipate dealing with once on board?

Question about this too...if my assigned reservation is linked with another cabin will they assign us the same night and time? Or is this something I will need to anticipate dealing with once on board?

They MAY be linked, but you'll still need to verify that when you board.