HELP: Carnival Miracle 2015!!

YallAintReady

Ok, so I'm new to Cruise Critic and have never been on the Miracle. My friend and I missed out on FTTF (ok ok, so we KNOWINGLY procrastinated :eek:). I have a question for my lovely shipmates: Considering that I'm just a plain ol' guest, no fancy status as this is only my 3rd cruise, what would be the ideal time to arrive at the port and not deal with the boarding madness?

I've been breaking my head thinking about this for the past hour... For my first cruise, I traveled with friends that are even bigger proscratinators than I am, and barely even made it to the ship! (I seriously thought we wouldn't even be able to board). For my second trip, I invested in FTTF and had a very quick experience as it was way earlier. So now, I guess I'm looking for something in the middle?

Suggestions? Ready....set...goooo!:D:D

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I have been on the Miracle a few times and really like her!

I think if you went to port after the early rush you would probably have no problems. I would say 2pm? Others may chime in too regarding their experiences. I am one of those who likes to get on as soon as I can so I'm always at port by 11. :D

But I have noticed later when I'm out on my balcony that people are leisurely walking on later in the afternoon.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks!!

I was thinking of arriving by 11! I think I just confused myself because I read on the Carnival website that embarkation hours are from 1-3:30pm; say I do arrive at 11, does that mean that I'm standing around outside the dome doing absolutely nothing for 2 hours? (or inside the hot dome) My other concern is having to drag our carry-ons around the whole ship for a lonnnnnnnnnnng time!!

In Long Beach early check in starts around 9:30, Dome doors open around 11:30. If you arrive before the doors open you wait outside. Long Beach does not have an indoor waiting area.

We arrive around 11:30-noon and have minimal wait. Not quite walk on but not horrendous.

Cabins are available 1-1:30.

Edited by SadieN

We're cruising on the Miracle for the first time also...during Christmas week. I'm one of those people who always wants to get on the ship as early as possible. Last year however...due to the fact that the DS had his first job...we weren't able to leave home for Long Beach until 1p. By the time we got through LA freeway traffic and got to the port we still had to wait about 1/2 hr. to board, which was no big deal to us. I'm thinking instead of getting caught up in the crowds and because we aren't VIPs of any kind, nor do we intend to pay to board the ship early...we will probably leave about the same time again. I liked that when we boarded last time that we were able to go directly to our rooms (because they were ready as we didn't board until about 3p) without having to pay for FTTF!

We aren't new to cruising so we don't care about Sail Away parties and we don't explore the ship when it's crowded but wait until after dinner or the next day. Last year we dropped off our stuff, I had time to get a special Sail A Way drink, we had a late lunch (we always do late seating for dinner so no problem with that), the DS and his BFF were able to check out the ship, and it worked out great for us as we didn't have to carry our stuff around with us. Yep, I think we'll do a repeat of last year.

Happy sailing to you and yours!:D

Edited by mousey

Hello There,

Were does the people with the FTTF go to get check in. Is there a special line or a area that you go to. We hope that someone can help out.

We are on the Nov 14, 2015 Cruise.

Thanks for your help and Keep the Wind to your back....:)

If you're leaving from LB and the cruise is coming up I would suggest around 1:30PM. I was there three weeks ago and no one was allowed to start boarding until 1PM, which isn't quite the "normal" embarkation time. Normally by 1PM, most early arrivers will have boarded already and you should be able to check-in rather smoothly and go straight to your room. :) Enjoy!

We cruised on the Miracle in February.

We arrived at 11:30. The lines were HORRENDOUS. We had FTTF, they directed us to a line, and 2 minutes later we were checked in.

BUT....at noon there were still passengers disembarking from the previous cruise. Seriously. We weren't able to board until just before 1pm.

There was no indoor waiting area, there was no seating. So prepare yourself.

If I were to do it again, I would go ahead and keep my FTTF (for tendering and such), but not arrive until at least 12:30 or later.

Just my experience on that particular day. You may have a totally different experience.

Like everyone has said, I would arrive around 2pm if you wanted to just walk on. There should be no lines/waiting at that time. If you are parking, you will also find plenty of parking because all of the previous cruise passengers will have left...

If you had FTTF, I would suggest around 11 to 11:30 and the check in is at the captain lounge in front of the dome.

Hope this helps and have a great cruise.

We were on the Miracle November 2014. We DID have FTTF and didn't get to board until after 1:00p. Not sure if that was an especially late boarding or what, but I was surprised how long we waited around before boarding with FTTF.

Edited by MaiTaiMary

Hello There,

Were does the people with the FTTF go to get check in. Is there a special line or a area that you go to. We hope that someone can help out.

We are on the Nov 14, 2015 Cruise.

Thanks for your help and Keep the Wind to your back....:)

When I went in Nov of last year, there was a section that said priority near the main ropes that everyone was checking in at. It was not (as someone else has stated) at the capatains lounge. At least that was my experience with FTTF.

My experience also differed from MaiTai as we were on the ship and dropping off our bags in our room before noon.

Ok, so I'm new to Cruise Critic and have never been on the Miracle. My friend and I missed out on FTTF (ok ok, so we KNOWINGLY procrastinated :eek:). I have a question for my lovely shipmates: Considering that I'm just a plain ol' guest, no fancy status as this is only my 3rd cruise, what would be the ideal time to arrive at the port and not deal with the boarding madness?

I've been breaking my head thinking about this for the past hour... For my first cruise, I traveled with friends that are even bigger proscratinators than I am, and barely even made it to the ship! (I seriously thought we wouldn't even be able to board). For my second trip, I invested in FTTF and had a very quick experience as it was way earlier. So now, I guess I'm looking for something in the middle?

Suggestions? Ready....set...goooo!:D:D

When's your cruise? You may still be able to get FTTF.