Guests thrown off the Anthem ?

Bell Boy

Just been reading a disturbing review about the 'Anthem of the Seas' ( August 29th ) on another review forum.

Are we to believe that 37 families were put off the Anthem at the first port of call in the Med ? This is not the first review about wild guests being made to disembark the Anthem. What on earth is going on onboard these large ships. :confused:

Let's hear from anyone who was 'actually there' and who also witnessed this .

The August 29th sailing of Anthem was just a 3 night cruise and the ship is back in Southampton today embarking passengers for a MED cruise.

Bad behavior is not just a large ship issue. We had several passengers removed from the Legend TA last year, with one couple removed for bad behavior in port as they were arrested by local authorities.

Just been reading a disturbing review about the 'Anthem of the Seas' ( August 29th ) on another review forum.

Are we to believe that 37 families were put off the Anthem at the first port of call in the Med ? This is not the first review about wild guests being made to disembark the Anthem. What on earth is going on onboard these large ships. :confused:

Let's hear from anyone who was 'actually there' and who also witnessed this .

Not heard anything, but, is this result of RCCI introducing "All Inclusive" pricing, which have bumped the prices up this year.

Not heard anything, but, is this result of RCCI introducing "All Inclusive" pricing, which have bumped the prices up this year.

If true could be. I'm sure as time goes on there will be a certain percentage of people who will over imbibe with the packages. Seems like all the cruiselines are pushing it for now, will be interesting to see if it lasts over the next few years.

When I was on Navigator in 2013, several families with high school aged kids were put off at the first port. I believe it was a spring break trip for the boys' senior year, and the boys had somehow been drinking and got in a fight.

Definitely not related to the drink package (as the boys were underage) and definitely not related to the "big ships" (as Navigator is a mid-sized ship).

Stupidity is rampant in our society, unfortunately.

Don't know if they had a beverage package or not, but Sunday 2 female passengers were so drunk at disembarkation they had to put them in wheelchairs to take them off. We had to wait almost an hour in the terminal to re board after customs. We are doing a B2B. Navigator

On Vision in March a group of college kids SHOULD have been thrown off the ship. They were abusive to the staff, to the other passengers, and to the cabin attendants who had to clean their rooms. They made such a mess on the pool deck and the deck above the pool the staff had to get a hose and a mop to clean up their mess it was so sticky from spilled drinks. They blocked the walking path and thought it was funny when we had to pick our way through their chairs and mess to continue our walk/run.

We were on the August 15 14 night Med cruise and as we were leaving one of the ports midway through the cruise at the end of the Captain's typical announcement he made a comment about perhaps we noticed the guests leaving the ship in a hurry and that hopefully parents would better supervise their children so that no other guests would need to be put off the ship. We had noticed some people getting into cabs with luggage outside the port but didn't think too much about it at the time, and we never heard what the issue was. I will say that despite the fact that I saw people with drinks in their hands constantly (much more than on prior cruises, perhaps because of the drinks packages) I never witnessed any bad or drunken behavior. We really enjoyed both the trip and the ship itself and I will write more in a separate review on our positive experience.