PERHAPS RCI should consider allowing PETS to CRUISE

Dinkachu

I've never sailed with RCL, but I will flat out NOT cruise on ANY cruise line that just blanket allows pets to cruise.

It's not that I find them gross, unsanitary, whatever (I have a cat and have had in the past everything from birds to gerbils to hamsters to a pair of fancy rats) but my son has issues with animals. Particularly dogs. Cruising (or really, any vacation--land or sea) is difficult enough because the world in general is too loud, too bright, too everything for him and having to worry about dogs on board would only stress him out even more and add to his anxiety.

I completely agree, my emotional-support Black Pug, GiGi should be allowed aboard. I saw a couple of dogs, on my past Allure Transatlantic and thought how great it was. It would be nice if more ships had kennels, like The Cunard QM2.

Well maybe you just found yourself and rags a new line to sail on.

Edited by CaribSailor

I love animals, I understand that they are like part of your family but I would hate to cruise on a pet friendly line mainly because I am highly allergic to them and also an asthmatic. It would hardly be fair if I had paid good money for a cruise but had to spend the entire time in my cabin dosed up on allergy medicine just so that I could breathe.

I discovered that I was allergic to DOGS, though a allergy exam. No I did not throw FIDO out of the house but, realize that he was some of my problem. I would never go on a cruise line if they allowed "pets" to be on board, Like others have said, I even avoid hotels, etc. that allow pets if possible.

I have no problem with TRUE SERVICE ANIMALS, which as stated above are necessary for many health issues and allow a person some freedom from staying home.

I have seen too many instances where people abuse the rule by just saying my dog is a service dog and the store or where ever cannot even challenge them.

I have been composing a letter to my politicians about this matter.

I love my new puppy but no way would I want her on a cruise with me....Doesn't sound very relaxing to me........

Last week on the FR,some couple had their yorkie with them........You know it was NOT a service dog.....in the shuttle back to the car parking,he was climbing all over people...service dogs are well trained...Just an excuse to take their dog with them......

Personally I like dogs, but it is because I like them that I would never subject one to a cruise ship. I've never had a dog that I would have thought would enjoy a week of hard floors under him. They need space outside to run and be animals.

I totally agree. Our four dachshunds are our "kids" and although we have often times joked about taking them with, a cruise is no place for them, for SO many reasons. I could go on & on about possible things that could happen. As hard as it is to leave them b/c they are seniors with medical problems and I would rather they are safe at nana & papa's house...where a vet is within reach...not in the middle of the ocean. Would they keep a vet next to the people doctor?! :eek: No thanks...

I totally agree. Our four dachshunds are our "kids" and although we have often times joked about taking them with, a cruise is no place for them, for SO many reasons. I could go on & on about possible things that could happen. As hard as it is to leave them b/c they are seniors with medical problems and I would rather they are safe at nana & papa's house...where a vet is within reach...not in the middle of the ocean. Would they keep a vet next to the people doctor?! :eek: No thanks...

There are many places a pet (dog or cat) should not go, that is not a service animal with special training to be such a companion. Why people think that taking them shopping in a department store makes sense -- has me confused each day, at work.

There are many places a pet (dog or cat) should not go, that is not a service animal with special training to be such a companion. Why people think that taking them shopping in a department store makes sense -- has me confused each day, at work.

That is also beyond my comprehension. :confused: One store where I shop has shopping carts that are canvas or some material. A lady had her dog in one and I don't want to get a cart that had someone's little darling in it leaving pet dander and maybe even some little piddle. BTW, I'm an animal lover.

That is also beyond my comprehension. :confused: One store where I shop has shopping carts that are canvas or some material. A lady had her dog in one and I don't want to get a cart that had someone's little darling in it leaving pet dander and maybe even some little piddle. BTW, I'm an animal lover.

And when that cart is used by another customer and it is unknown to them that an animals dander was left behind only to have an allergic reaction that could lead to a serious breathing problem -- whoa to them!