PERHAPS RCI should consider allowing PETS to CRUISE

Dinkachu

I'm sitting here with our mini long haired dachshund. I love him but he wouldn't go on a cruise with us even if he was allowed.

We have three doxies and they can be a... "challenging" breed at times. Our's are not particularly fond of strangers and tend to bark at everything and everyone.

Taking them on a cruise with us would be a bad idea.

Edited by Tunkhannock

I love animals, I understand that they are like part of your family but I would hate to cruise on a pet friendly line mainly because I am highly allergic to them and also an asthmatic. It would hardly be fair if I had paid good money for a cruise but had to spend the entire time in my cabin dosed up on allergy medicine just so that I could breathe.

I will be boarding Adventure of the Seas today (eat your hearts out!!!!!) ;) Yesterday, on my flight from Baltimore to San Juan, someone had a dog in the cabin. It yapped and yappedthe duration of the four hour flight. Even with Bose noise canceling headphones, I could hear it. As has already been posted, TRUE service animals are highly skilled and well behaved. No problem. I love animals and didn't blame the dog...I was, however, fantasizing about the many many injuries that might befall it's owner.

No, I would not cruise on an animal-friendly ship.

When we sailed the Vision in March there was a lady that brought her dog with her. He was NOT a service dog. She took that dog everywhere - even into the Windjammer for every meal. Deck 5 was blocked off as the ship had to provide a big boxed area for the dog to do his business (YUCK, why should they have had to clean up after the dog). Her cabin was on Deck 3 down the hall from us but I never heard the dog bark. I definitely don't think dogs belong on cruise ships.

A lot of people have allergies now too and are bothered by pet hair and smell. I'd have no problem with it if they had their own special area that was out of site and mind but the whole idea of taking a cruise for us is leaving everything behind and getting away from reality. To each their own I guess..

When we sailed the Vision in March there was a lady that brought her dog with her. He was NOT a service dog. She took that dog everywhere - even into the Windjammer for every meal. Deck 5 was blocked off as the ship had to provide a big boxed area for the dog to do his business (YUCK, why should they have had to clean up after the dog). Her cabin was on Deck 3 down the hall from us but I never heard the dog bark. I definitely don't think dogs belong on cruise ships.

Do you think the sort of person that brings a pet on a cruise ship is going to be the type of person to clean up after their pet? There was a thread recently in one of the forums about a person who let their pet dog just do it's business in the interior spaces of the ship and left it for crew to clean up.

I am not a pet owner, but love them.

I wouldn't want to sail with a line that allows them, but think there should be a themed cruise for pet owners that want to travel with their fur babies.

That's a good idea - a "pet-friendly" specialty cruise. I would not go on it, but I'd bet there would be plenty people who would enjoy this. Better yet, take one of the ships and turn it into an entire "pet-friendly" ship. It could rotate itineraries and even have the spa modified to accommodate pets (grooming, bathing, etc.) Put in a natural grass area for "pet business" and then, since it would be the "dog ship", everyone would know what hey are getting into.

If RC decided to allow pets on board I would no longer sail with them. I am afraid of dogs and the idea of them all over the ship is a real turn off.

Sorry, pet lovers, but not something I would be okay with.:(

I won't say I am 'afraid of dogs' but I am generally uncomfortable around them, and especially around dogs whose owners I am unfamiliar with and specifically about how that owner has 'trained' their pet. True, service animals, are trained specifically to avoid contact with other people and 'do the job for which they were trained'.

It would be terrible for dogs to be allowed to stay in cabins, because no matter how well a cabin is vacuumed and cleaned a person who is highly allergic to dogs and stays in that cabin after a dog has been in it, will have an allergic reaction -- and it could be very serious.

I am horribly allergic to dogs, cats, birds basically all furry feathered things. If this idea were to happen it would have to be on a dedicated ship because once an animal had stayed in a room I would never be able to stay in it afterwards. Even my co-workers who have animals have to give me a wide berth at work just being in their office can cause my asthma, sinus symptoms, rash etc.

Nope Animals on ships is a very bad idea, it's bad enough that when I travel I have to make sure I stay in a hotel that is not pet friendly.

I recently polled some dogs to ask which Cruise Line was their favorite. Celebrity was the overwhelming choice.

Wondering if it could have anything to do with some Celebrity ships having real grass on the Top Deck.....:rolleyes:

I sure hope they never start letting pets on cruise ships!!

Sorry but there are people such as myself that have allergies to your cats and dogs and would be miserable the whole week! Stuffy nose and sneezing constantly doesn't sound like a fun vacation to me!

Also thing about it where will the animals be going to the bathroom and who will clean up after them? Some pet owners are responsible, but there are those who aren't so will that become the room attendants job?

Before we had kids, we had a beautiful and good-natured coonhound that was our fur baby. He probably would have loved going with us on a cruise. Well at least until he realized he was stuck in a confined space for however many days. And until he realized he couldn't actually go everywhere with us. And I definitely think his excitement to cruise with us would end when he was thrown overboard by passengers who were sick of hearing his baying carry across the whole ship! [emoji38]

ImageUploadedByForums1442115062.891370.jpg.74a2b32f719f32ac4e0f09396058e8fd.jpg

Yeah, probably best to leave the furry buddies at home!! [emoji1]