Passport quesion - thread removed

Reijo

For some reason a question I posted last night concerning a passport was removed.....no idea why. One nice person responded but I needed to ask an additional question. Problem is this. In short, a passport for a grandchild hasn't yet been received. There was a problem with a DL number being wrong (had been transposed), they were notified and grandson sent the info in about 3 wks ago. Still no passport and I was wondering when we should become concerned as our cruise is on 10/11.

This person said that all that was required was a Driver's license and Certified birth certificate. Didn't realize this and my son is going to KILL me!!! Problem is that the birth certificate was sent in when the passport was applied for!!! Just wondering what the turnaround time is for the passports these days. If it doesn't come in we'll need to get a birth certificate rushed to us and need a little time to do so. Thanks in advance for any help.

We just renewed our passports and it took just about 4 weeks from sending to receiving the new one back on Friday of this week. Your grandson can go to the State Dept website (travel.state.gov) and check on the application status (with his name, DOB and last 4 of SS#). WHen it shows the status, there is also a link to contact them if you are traveling in the next 2 weeks. I would have him check sooner rather than later. Good Luck!

We just renewed our passports and it took just about 4 weeks from sending to receiving the new one back on Friday of this week. Your grandson can go to the State Dept website (travel.state.gov) and check on the application status (with his name, DOB and last 4 of SS#). WHen it shows the status, there is also a link to contact them if you are traveling in the next 2 weeks. I would have him check sooner rather than later. Good Luck!

WOW.....thank you so much. We do that right away!

You technically only need the birth certificate for the boat, but if you needed to fly home in an emergency you would need a passport. For that reason, we decided to get passports.

It took about 3 weeks to get ours, maybe? Well before the 6 week time frame the website gave.

Thanks, I searched for it...even under USER CP and couldn't locate it. Appreciate the info.

That doesn't do it. Click on your user name - a page with options will come up. Click on the second box "Statistics", then go down and click on the second link that says "Find all threads started by xxx". This will take you to any thread which you have initiated. Easy, takes 10 seconds. :)