Adult "treats" in QG cabins

Mudhen

They will drink it for you too if you ask politely.

So long as they unpack my stuff before hitting the bottle I'm okay with that :)

I'm really hoping I don't get the same butler as I did last time though. He could have done with a few drinks to loosen him up!

As memory recalls, yes they did. But call the butler and he or she can open the bottle for you if it is too strenuous a task :)

PS. It can be a strenuous task depending on the make/style of corkscrew. Have never done too well with those compact fold-up ones. Hope get one with the two levers to ease the cork out otherwise I will just be drinking pieces of cork :eek:

PS. It can be a strenuous task depending on the make/style of corkscrew. Have never done too well with those compact fold-up ones. Hope get one with the two levers to ease the cork out otherwise I will just be drinking pieces of cork :eek:

They bring in a sword and just swipe the neck off.

I used to bring my own sword but customs are not too keen now!!

They bring in a sword and just swipe the neck off.

I used to bring my own sword but customs are not too keen now!!

He wasn't exactly pointing the bottle away from the lady there. Can imagine the sword would be a problem at customs. A waiter nearly shot a cork at my face in a hotel recently. I instinctively jumped out of the way as the cork shot past my eyes ... and that was using the conventional method.:eek:

So long as they unpack my stuff before hitting the bottle I'm okay with that :)

I'm really hoping I don't get the same butler as I did last time though. He could have done with a few drinks to loosen him up!

Our butler, Lily(Qm2) was great. We didn't ask her to do the unpacking(they prefer not to do it)As for the daily Canapés, We got Caviar on a daily basis. A couple we got to know said their butler refused to get them Caviar. I said to request it again & state it IS a Queens Grill perk. If he refused, then see the purser, which he did. He then got Caviar as well.

What kinds of canapes do they provide and what kind of time do they bring them (or do they ask for a time)? As a vegetarian, I will be more limited in what I can eat. I have phoned so that it could be noted that I am vegetarian and was told they don't get vegetarian alternatives, and just remove things vegetarians and others can't eat.

I would recommend that you speak to your butler, he or she will discuss alternatives with you. If you would prefer crisps, nuts, a fruit plate or maybe another snack instead they will arrange it.

Canapés arrive early evening and are usually a mixture of 5 or 6 very small cheese, meat or fish based snacks. To be honest you will not be missing much if you decline the canapés.

M-AR

He wasn't exactly pointing the bottle away from the lady there. Can imagine the sword would be a problem at customs. A waiter nearly shot a cork at my face in a hotel recently. I instinctively jumped out of the way as the cork shot past my eyes ... and that was using the conventional method.:eek:

Is there an unconventional method of having a cork shot at you?

What kinds of canapes do they provide and what kind of time do they bring them (or do they ask for a time)? As a vegetarian, I will be more limited in what I can eat. I have phoned so that it could be noted that I am vegetarian and was told they don't get vegetarian alternatives, and just remove things vegetarians and others can't eat.

They DO provide vegetarian canapes! I have been vegetarian for quite some time and have always had vegetarian canapés offered and delivered - however, they are fairly unappetising, often something on a disc of bread!

We stop the canapes after a day or two , to help prevent excess weight gain, but sometimes ask for nuts instead.

Edited by cruiseluvva

I would recommend that you speak to your butler, he or she will discuss alternatives with you. If you would prefer crisps, nuts, a fruit plate or maybe another snack instead they will arrange it.

Canapés arrive early evening and are usually a mixture of 5 or 6 very small cheese, meat or fish based snacks. To be honest you will not be missing much if you decline the canapés.

M-AR

I had not thought of that. So I could ask for a small cheese plate instead of the canapés?

Is there an unconventional method of having a cork shot at you?

Lol... I meant opening the Champagne bottle using the conventional twisting of the cork as opposed to using a sword. Either way, you don't want the cork flying in the direction of your face... or glass windows.

Thanks for ideas regarding vegetarian canapes... just thought that I could ask for fruit or olives. I suspect I will use the capapes for my midnight feast :rolleyes:

On a slightly different subject, is it possible to get a pot of boiling water and a cup on room service so I can make myself a cup of the green tea I will be bringing with me as a nightcap? Shame that unlike some other cruises, they don't offer coffee machines in the room. That would save a lot of room service time when you just want a hot drink.

I had not thought of that. So I could ask for a small cheese plate instead of the canapés?

Yes, I have requested that occasionally. Some slices of Cheddar, Stilton and Brie were supplied alongside appropriate biscuits. Plate also had a couple of small celery sticks, with a few grapes and walnuts.

M-AR

Thanks for ideas regarding vegetarian canapes... just thought that I could ask for fruit or olives. I suspect I will use the capapes for my midnight feast :rolleyes:

On a slightly different subject, is it possible to get a pot of boiling water and a cup on room service so I can make myself a cup of the green tea I will be bringing with me as a nightcap? Shame that unlike some other cruises, they don't offer coffee machines in the room. That would save a lot of room service time when you just want a hot drink.

Yes room service can supply a jug of hot water and a cup. Alternatively you can obtain the water in a cup by going to the Kings Court or Lido.

M=AR

Yes room service can supply a jug of hot water and a cup. Alternatively you can obtain the water in a cup by going to the Kings Court or Lido.

M=AR

Thanks. Sadly, I can't even get a cup of water from a counter to a table without spilling on dry land, yet alone on a ship in rough seas all the way to my cabin ;)

I just disembarked yesterday

I am now back in my office working :(

We did 7 days Quebec to New York. I hope you love the Caribbean, I am happy they are bringing more of them back - we did quite a few of those. But this year it returns the day before Thanksgiving...I didn't want to risk not getting my pumpkin pies in the oven on time :D

Have a blast! And I see they are doing Caribbean again next November. Next time I board, the refit will have been completed.

Edited by axelskater

Our butler had a sense of humor

[ATTACH]365104[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]365105[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]365106[/ATTACH]

Awww... adorable. Did you bring Sammy with you or are there bear companions in the cabins? Hope get butler with sense of humour as it adds to both their and our enjoyments of the trip.