Jr Suite on the Oasis

Thinking of doing the suite guaranty on the Oasis. What is the downside? Are there poorly located jr suites that would be worse than having a well located ocean view balcony stateroom?

I cannot think of a poor location for a JS on Oasis. Another plus for the JS is the ability to have dinner at Coastal Kitchen. I don't know if this is a permanent perk for JS staterooms, but it was last week.

In my opinion there are no bad locations for JS on Oasis class. They are all located near the center of the ship. However, some have slightly deeper balconies than the others due to the "bump out".

On the 14th floor, sometimes I hear people running above but rarely. In the evening I sometimes hear them draining the pool.

I travel as a single and I love the JS. Add a couple of floral arrangements and it becomes my home away from home.

Can you dine at CK now if you have a JS or do you have to wait until May 2016 for that to kick in? If now---how crowded is the CK? That is quite a few more people using the CK vs. just the GS and above people (and a few others).

On Oasis, you can have dinner in CK now if you are a guest in a JS or better stateroom.

Can you dine at CK now if you have a JS or do you have to wait until May 2016 for that to kick in? If now---how crowded is the CK? That is quite a few more people using the CK vs. just the GS and above people (and a few others).

We were on in April and not crowded at all. You need reservations though. Go early when everyone is in the suite lounge. ;)

We will be on the Oasis in November in a Jr. suite. How do you book Coastal Kitchen in advance? It does not show in the planning page for Dining on the Royal website. Also can you bring a guest also or just the two of us in the Jr Suite?

Thanks for a reply!

We will be on the Oasis in November in a Jr. suite. How do you book Coastal Kitchen in advance? It does not show in the planning page for Dining on the Royal website. Also can you bring a guest also or just the two of us in the Jr Suite?

Thanks for a reply!

You don't book in advance. When you board, go to CK and make reservations with the nice person at the podium.

No guests, AFAIK. YMMV

... Also can you bring a guest also or just the two of us in the Jr Suite? ...

This is something that might vary. We asked about guests on Oasis, and they asked how many and how often. So it seems if the number of guests are small, they will allow it once or twice, but not every night.

YMMV: Your mileage might vary.

Edited by clarea

I cannot think of a poor location for a JS on Oasis. Another plus for the JS is the ability to have dinner at Coastal Kitchen. I don't know if this is a permanent perk for JS staterooms, but it was last week.

I was under the impression it was GS and above

I was under the impression it was GS and above

When the new suite perks take effect next May, JS will have dinner access to CK. Right now, it seems to vary by ship, with Oasis giving JS access to CK, but not Allure.

Just off the Oasis. Had JS 7636. PERFECT location!

re: CK for JS passengers - we received a letter in our cabin - could have ONE dinner in the CK as JS residents.

Did you get double points for your JS?

I am booked on Oasis in a JS for Thanksgiving and am curious if they still do double points for JS. I can't find it on their site anywhere now. I paid $1855/pp for the JS and the balcony is only $870/pp. I'm starting to regret my decision.

I am booked on Oasis in a JS for Thanksgiving and am curious if they still do double points for JS. I can't find it on their site anywhere now. I paid $1855/pp for the JS and the balcony is only $870/pp. I'm starting to regret my decision.

There has been no change in that policy. You will get double points for sailing in a JS. (now, if you were SOLO in that JS, you would get triple points! ;) )

Still double points.