Paradise review w/pics Sept. 14, 2015

funinthesun1964

Enjoyed reading your review. I've been following your reviews for few years now and this one came up when I searched for Paradise review. I just booked this to take my boys for their birthday and I can't wait!

You and your husband seem like a really laid back couple who seem to have fun together, I really enjoy your pictures!

Enjoyed reading your review. I've been following your reviews for few years now and this one came up when I searched for Paradise review. I just booked this to take my boys for their birthday and I can't wait!

You and your husband seem like a really laid back couple who seem to have fun together, I really enjoy your pictures!

Aw, thanks! I hope that you and your kids will have a wonderful birthday cruise!! I think I would have to say that the Paradise would be my favorite fantasy-class ship out of the 4 that I have sailed. Enjoy!!

I'm glad your review popped back up again. We were on our Liberty cruise this past September while you were posting and missed it then. At first I wasn't sure about the smaller ships, but the more reviews I see, like your, I find that I'm really drawn to them and would love to cruise on any of them.

Those pictures of Oasis! I'd have been oohing and awing as well since the only time we've seen it was from the air when flying into Miami for our first cruise on Liberty last year. Oasis was docked in Fort Lauderdale, with Carnival Freedom, and I was able to get pictures from the plane...Oasis is HUGE and Freedom looked like a toy next to it. I'd love to get a closer look though.

Thanks for taking the time to put together a review and I'm still hoping to get back to Grand Cayman sometime, it was the first and only port we've ever missed (last year) and our first time there was in 2006. I appreciate knowing where to get the $2.00 bus and thanks for all the pictures of Royal Palms, that's something I'd love to try.

I'm glad your review popped back up again. We were on our Liberty cruise this past September while you were posting and missed it then. At first I wasn't sure about the smaller ships, but the more reviews I see, like your, I find that I'm really drawn to them and would love to cruise on any of them.

Those pictures of Oasis! I'd have been oohing and awing as well since the only time we've seen it was from the air when flying into Miami for our first cruise on Liberty last year. Oasis was docked in Fort Lauderdale, with Carnival Freedom, and I was able to get pictures from the plane...Oasis is HUGE and Freedom looked like a toy next to it. I'd love to get a closer look though.

Thanks for taking the time to put together a review and I'm still hoping to get back to Grand Cayman sometime, it was the first and only port we've ever missed (last year) and our first time there was in 2006. I appreciate knowing where to get the $2.00 bus and thanks for all the pictures of Royal Palms, that's something I'd love to try.

I really like the smaller ships; even though they may not have the latest and greatest features and updates, there's something to be said about cruising with less people and running into them more often, talking to them and getting to know more people. It doesn't seem like a small city; it seems like a cruise ship. I also love how the serenity areas are in the aft of the ship.

Yeah, DH wants to try out Oasis or Allure one of these days. I'm not so sure that I would enjoy it with all the people; but I guess I will go for it one of these days. Just to see what it's like.

We had been to Grand Cayman twice before and both times we went to Seven Mile Beach (near the tiki bar), so we wanted to do something different. I had heard about Royal Palms, so decided to check it out. Some others from our roll call were also going. We got the bus on the main street....hmm...how do I describe this......when you get off the ship and then go through the immediate port area, there is a city street...almost like walking straight ahead out of the port area and heading down the street....some type of souvenier/touristy shop on the corner. Anyway, you go down the street and there is a public library. The bus station is right across the street from there. I will look to see if I have a picture of the street to help you identify; if not, maybe someone else does. Worst comes to worst you could always ask a local for the library, and it's right across the street.

I really like the smaller ships; even though they may not have the latest and greatest features and updates, there's something to be said about cruising with less people and running into them more often, talking to them and getting to know more people. It doesn't seem like a small city; it seems like a cruise ship. I also love how the serenity areas are in the aft of the ship.

Yeah, DH wants to try out Oasis or Allure one of these days. I'm not so sure that I would enjoy it with all the people; but I guess I will go for it one of these days. Just to see what it's like.

We had been to Grand Cayman twice before and both times we went to Seven Mile Beach (near the tiki bar), so we wanted to do something different. I had heard about Royal Palms, so decided to check it out. Some others from our roll call were also going. We got the bus on the main street....hmm...how do I describe this......when you get off the ship and then go through the immediate port area, there is a city street...almost like walking straight ahead out of the port area and heading down the street....some type of souvenier/touristy shop on the corner. Anyway, you go down the street and there is a public library. The bus station is right across the street from there. I will look to see if I have a picture of the street to help you identify; if not, maybe someone else does. Worst comes to worst you could always ask a local for the library, and it's right across the street.

The directions you gave were perfect! I just looked Bridgetown, GC, up on "Google Maps" and from your directions (the city street, walking straight ahead out of the port area) and easily found the Library. The name of that street was also listed...Fort Street. Looks like a very easy walk as well. I think we're going to use the bus next time we get to GC. We did the Stingray City tour them time we were there in 2006 but have heard from so many others how beautiful Seven Mile Beach is and wanted to do that last year but never got the chance.

Thanks for the great directions. :)

The directions you gave were perfect! I just looked Bridgetown, GC, up on "Google Maps" and from your directions (the city street, walking straight ahead out of the port area) and easily found the Library. The name of that street was also listed...Fort Street. Looks like a very easy walk as well. I think we're going to use the bus next time we get to GC. We did the Stingray City tour them time we were there in 2006 but have heard from so many others how beautiful Seven Mile Beach is and wanted to do that last year but never got the chance.

Thanks for the great directions. :)

You're welcome, hope I helped. The next time we go to GC I think I want to try the Stingray City thing! I've been wanting to but DH didn't want before...now I think I have him talked into it.:)

This review was super awesome! I will be on the Christmas Cruise (Dec21-Dec26) on The Paradise. I am super stoked and I am inspired by you! I might just do my own review. Hopefully, it will live up to the awesomeness of yours!

This review was super awesome! I will be on the Christmas Cruise (Dec21-Dec26) on The Paradise. I am super stoked and I am inspired by you! I might just do my own review. Hopefully, it will live up to the awesomeness of yours!

Wow, thanks for the compliment!

Please do your own review. I would love to see your point of view and share in your fun!

No dive in movies. No TV on the Lido deck. And, we found ourselves busy all the time. Like I said though, we tried some new things this cruise that we had not before. We like the serenity deck and were there most late mornings/early afternoons. We like the comedy club, etc.

I did save the Fun Times and if anyone would like to see them or a certain day, I can scan them.

I would love to see the Fun Times please. Though I have sailed this ship before, we had a little different itinerary. dorlando717@gmail.com please and thank you

I would love to see the Fun Times please. Though I have sailed this ship before, we had a little different itinerary. dorlando717@gmail.com please and thank you

I have posted the fun times throughout this review. The embarkation day fun times are in post #35. Sorry that I don't have them all in one section, they are just scattered as I went through the days. Unfortunately, I never did finish the review. The last day is still undone. Should I eventually finish it? :rolleyes: The only thing I remember now is about the VIFP party. :o